PDA

View Full Version : C6: You can just see the Beacon of Reality starting to glow

Hib Halverson
12-19-03, 02:53 PM
CAC members-
Yesterday, I made a quick trip to Michigan where I saw, touched and sat-in the C6. I cannot discuss specifics of what I saw or learned until 12:01 AM EST on 1/1/04, but I will say that:

1) Many of the predictions I've made about the 2005 Corvette on the CAC in the last couple of years are true.

2) Those who wanted C6 to incorporate stronger styling cues of past Corvettes are going to be pleased. Even the images on the Internet of late don't really show the extent of that.

3) Those who wish for increased performance over C5 will, also, be pleased.

4) As "Longtimer" suggests in another thread, watch Dick Clark's show on New Year's Eve. You'll see a new Chevy commercial which explains the now-famous spy shot of the red 05 which surfaced a couple weeks ago.

5) The car is totally *****in'! Chief Engineer Hill and his Corvette Team are to be complimented.

PS: I can only laugh at the CAC political correctness software for flaging "*****in' " or...should I say "mother doggin'"
:L

DigitalCorvettes.com
12-19-03, 03:08 PM
Great info, Hib!

Ken
12-19-03, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by c5d
... so this means I'm looking at five years of car payments again????

:L Why? So you can garage it like the others you have Dann? :L

Sometimes I just crack myself up! ;LOL

LongTimer
12-19-03, 07:33 PM
Thanks Hib,

Easy to see why they limited their gag order to 12:01 1/01/04. You are a lucky guy, but I'm sort of glad it's you who has to keep his mouth shut and not me. As most of the guys here can attest to, I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.

Zippy
12-19-03, 07:35 PM
Wow! Great info, thanks Hib!

Definitely going to watch (and tape) Dick Clark's show.

Zippy :) :)

Ken
12-19-03, 10:07 PM
Error
GROUP_CHECK

gpg1.bc.scd.yahoo.com:GROUP_CHECK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Guidelines - Help - Ad Feedback

;shrug

koolaid117
12-19-03, 10:40 PM
Error
GROUP_CHECK

gpg1.bc.scd.yahoo.com:GROUP_CHECK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Guidelines - Help - Ad Feedback

How far do I have to zoom in??? :L

Senna1994
12-21-03, 01:20 AM
Thanks Hib the excitement is killing me, unfortunately I will be in Brazil from 12/29-1/18. So I am going to miss it. Can't wait till i get back though.

vee93
12-21-03, 02:09 AM
Happy for ya, Hib!!!!

BUT I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!

'Specially since I'm thinking that the closest I'll get to being in one is SITTIN' IN IT at some showroom. Shoot. I'm so jealous. :Steer

Don&Kelly
12-21-03, 09:10 AM
I'm eager to see it, it sounds great.

:w

JBsC5
12-21-03, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up Hib.

Happy holidays everyone!

JB

tt-rexx
12-22-03, 09:47 AM
Did you get a ballpark base price.or is that a secret too?

Hib Halverson
12-22-03, 08:50 PM
Chevy usually does not announce prices until just before a vehicle goes on sale so we're probably going to have to wait until next summer to find out the numbers.

My guess is the base C6 will not be that much higher than C5s price.

Runge_Kutta
12-23-03, 01:45 AM
Hib,

I'm seeing 400hp, 400lbs-ft torque and 3245 pounds. Please tell me there is an optional engine and
that the weight is wrong.

JBsC5
12-23-03, 09:52 AM
400/400 @ 3245 lbs..

Seems pretty cool..

Is the hp too low or too high or is it the weight?

Power to weight ratio is still pretty impressive..

Give or take a few pounds..that base coupe is right where the present world class zo6 is ?

FWIW..if this info is real..I think Chevy did a great job..

I'm sure the cars luxury appointments finally end the bullsh1t we as corvette owners have to hear from foreign sports car fans.

The interior quality..blah..blah..blah..

Not that I personally care about the quality of the leather on the seats that much..but I hope its enough that once and for all..the magazines can shut up about the interior quality..

Worth a few pounds..as are the upgrades to pcm etc..

F55 is going to be even more impressive I bet

Gorgon
12-23-03, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JBsC5

I'm sure the cars luxury appointments finally end the bullsh1t we as corvette owners have to hear from foreign sports car fans.

The interior quality..blah..blah..blah..

I, for one, will be glad with an interior upgrade. The foreign sports car fans aren't the only ones complaining about the interior. I would love to have a better interior and that is part of the reason my C4 will be replaced with a C6 vert. All I have ot say is "It's about time."

If your car is new then you may be happy with the interior. Our C5 has around 90k miles on it and the interior is starting to show some where and the plastic squeaks more so than my friends 99 FRC with 30k miles on it.

So far I really like what I see and can't wait to sit in. :)

Leon

tyrel
12-23-03, 12:25 PM
All right!!!

*****in!!!

Edmond
12-23-03, 07:48 PM
Hib,

When will the final numbers like hp and tq. be released? What about performance expectations?

smook
12-23-03, 11:36 PM
****'IN A!

Will we be watching!

Happy New Year everyone!

-Bill.

JBsC5
12-24-03, 04:37 PM
Consider the better tires. the 400hp/400lb/ftof torque

Should see 12.4 @113mph on the Automatic 4 speed.

With the right driver like Ranger, the stick shift should turn high 11's @ 117 mph and maybe as high as 119mph?

PS. Magazines will most probably have lower performance stats just because they are not as in tune as the car owners. IMHO

Hib Halverson
12-24-03, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Edmond
Hib,

When will the final numbers like hp and tq. be released? What about performance expectations?

Be here on 1/1 12:01 eastern 9:01 Pacific.