PDA

View Full Version : Would you order a C6 in Sunset orange ?

JBsC5
12-13-03, 02:31 PM
Curious..who would order this color...? and what matching interior color?

Black interior...?

IF so...why?

If not...why?

boomer
12-13-03, 06:29 PM
I'd have to say no.... IMO I think the orange, along with bright green, is a color more reserved for ricer-boys . . . IMO :beer
Oliver

slashnick
12-13-03, 07:11 PM
Unless Sunset Orange is a vibrant as this, I would say no.

XS650
12-13-03, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by JBsC5
Curious..who would order this color...? and what matching interior color?

Black interior...?

I wouldn't buy one but I would admire someone else's if I saw it.

I prefer to be stealthier than the various "give me a ticket" colors allow you to be.

DigitalCorvettes.com
12-13-03, 08:49 PM
If it looks like the Lamborghini Diablo orange.... YES!!

If it looks like Chevy Hugger Orange.... YES!!!

Either of the above with pearl finish... YES!!

If it is a dark orange... NO WAY!!

RedLdr1
12-14-03, 07:47 AM
Maybe.. if it looks good outside of web shots... But if it doesn't go with the Cashmere interior no way.. No more black interiors for me!

Why? So I am not the 20th Red Corvette at a meeting...:(

I have pretty much decided on LeMans Blue or Machine Siver with the Cashmere interior. But the final decision probably won't be made until I can place my order...

tt-rexx
12-14-03, 08:52 AM
It's a color that appeals more to younger buyers than older and since the price of the c6 is going up. There won't be to many 20yr olds buying this color. Orange is not a 60,000 plus color. Look around.youth=bad taste.bad decisions and no money.Been there there done that.My 1st car was an orange vw super beatle.

warren s
12-14-03, 08:57 AM
Nope..

I love to drive around with the roof off. Had a Vette with a black interior, never again.

On second thought even if it came with an interior other than black I didnt care for it to much on the F-bodies.

tyrel
12-14-03, 03:06 PM
Remember that awful teal-green-blue color of the early 90s? They slapped it on everything from Corvettes to the Australian-made Capri, and it was popular for like three months. I predict the same thing will happen to orange.

warren s
12-14-03, 03:09 PM
YES!!!

I do remember that color, it was on the ford t-turd turbo coupe also.

Mad-Mic
12-14-03, 03:16 PM
i said "Yes" but won't buy a new one for a long long time. i like C4's but later down the road i'd buy one :)

i've seen this color on a SS Camaro and a Trans Am WS6 and it looks real good! it's almost like the jpg Nick provided but i think it is 2 shades darker.

warren s
12-14-03, 03:26 PM
I actually liked the copper color that came out in 1994, but like the sunset orange, I wonder how hard it is to match.

Buster1
12-14-03, 09:38 PM
The one in Slash's post looks great! A real head-turner. But I wouldn't personally buy one. I do like it.

jim coulter
12-15-03, 09:19 PM
Probably have to sell them here in Tennessee, especially closer you get to Knoxville. Wonder if you can get it with white strips and white interior?:D

bkuper
12-16-03, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by tt-rexx
It's a color that appeals more to younger buyers than older and since the price of the c6 is going up. There won't be to many 20yr olds buying this color. Orange is not a 60,000 plus color. Look around.youth=bad taste.bad decisions and no money.Been there there done that.My 1st car was an orange vw super beatle.

don't MacLaren's come in Orange?

74bigblock
12-16-03, 01:51 PM
Can I vote twice? Once for yes, once for no?

JBsC5
12-16-03, 06:51 PM
74 big block..can't say for sure but hell..give it a try...

You never know..

Tom
12-17-03, 03:13 PM
If Orange was offered, I would love to have one. I have seen a couple C5's painted Orange, they look awesome.

sleepyhead
12-17-03, 03:49 PM
I think the Sunset Orange with black interior will look great. Better than black on black, no...but better than a lot of other combinations.

BruceBed
12-20-03, 06:21 AM
Orange only looks good on orange juice. It's a good color for all of those rice burners from Japan. It might be good to look at for a couple of days, then it's off to Maaco.

BruceBed
12-20-03, 06:21 AM
Orange only looks good on orange juice. It's a good color for all of those rice burners from Japan. It might be good to look at for a couple of days, then it's off to Maaco.

ROCKETBLOCK
12-20-03, 02:14 PM
I think you can check out the new Corvette orange/copper on the Caddy CTS of a year or two ago. I like it.

vee93
12-21-03, 01:49 AM
Ummmmm....

Sunset Orange, huh?

Y'all know there will be NO torch red-like color offered for the new '05 C6!!!! Not to be confused with Magnetic Red Metallic.

Corvette Copper was pretty sweet looking on the 53's (all 15 of them offered in that color).

Remember the C3 bodies in Ontario Orange? A little too Crayola Crayon for me< and that coming from me, a Quasar Blue Metallic C4 owner. But those C3s look good with a white drop-top and interior. And yeah, you'd have to be obsessive/compulsive to keep that white clean.

So this new Sunset Orange... Probably a beautiful color, but the interior combinations seem to be off. Black interior with orange just screams Halloween!!!! Then what's left? That tan interior? Would the car have that reversed look of a rotting cantalope?

What's that leave interior-wise?

Seems to me at $60-thou a pop for a base C6, there should be more choices. I wonder about GM sometimes...

Zippy
12-21-03, 07:11 PM
I'm seriously considering Orange, but would have to see it in person, on a C6, in the sunlight, before ordering it.

Zippy :) :)

SlowRide
12-21-03, 07:36 PM
Here's a nice orange C5 to wet your whistle.......

Looks pretty good.

slashnick
12-21-03, 07:58 PM

http://home.houston.rr.com/mattroberts/backintime.jpg

:L :L :L

JBsC5
12-21-03, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by SlowRide

Looks pretty good.

Sweet looking ride....Thanks for the link.

JB

SlowRide
12-21-03, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by slashnick
http://home.houston.rr.com/mattroberts/backintime.jpg

:L :L :L

Thatís what I get for being too lazy to look at the first page of this thread before posting. :gap

slashnick
12-21-03, 11:40 PM
I was just looking for an excuse to use it! :s