PDA

View Full Version : New C6 Pixs not a Photo Chop

Rick Daniel
11-12-03, 06:54 AM
Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page. Could be the first real deal.
http://www.corvettesbyrickdaniel.com/c6spypixs.html

UB2 SLOW
11-12-03, 06:58 AM
Wow, those are great Rick. I like the back, but I am still out on the front.

Wamp
11-12-03, 08:31 AM
back is ok, front needs to go. the headlights have to go! Looks like a probe...

KOPBET
11-12-03, 08:38 AM
You've got guts using copyrighted pics (plane pix) on your website.

Senna1994 had posted these body shots this morning already also.

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-12-03, 08:46 AM
It's been mentioned time and time again!

Just ONE call from an attorney could bring this site down as fast...

Please check with Rob before jeapardizing our community site again.

Chuck

LMN8R
11-12-03, 09:23 AM
I think that the pix are great. Finally a good look.

I may be wrong, because I know nothing about these things, but I don't think that posting a link to another site will do anything to jeopardize the CAC. I think that there could be trouble if the pix were actually posted here.

Greg :)

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-12-03, 09:26 AM
LMN8R

That's true. I hadn't thought of that.

With this lawyer'd up society, you just never know though.

Chuck

Crispyc21
11-12-03, 10:39 AM
Let me ask a question. Why would it be a copyright issue? There are no corvette badges on the car or any identifing marks. It's 'assuming' it's a vette.

Just wondering.

KOPBET
11-12-03, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Crispyc21
Let me ask a question. Why would it be a copyright issue? There are no corvette badges on the car or any identifing marks. It's 'assuming' it's a vette.

Just wondering.

As mentioned in previous posts the problem is not with the links here. Rick's site is using copyrighted material and if he has permission to use he doesn't say. The photographer is a member of this site also.

Read this thread for more info:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39045

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?149755

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-12-03, 11:19 AM
Isn't someone who has permission also suppose to state that somewhere everytime it's displayed?

Chuck

DRTH VTR
11-12-03, 11:19 AM
I like the front view. Maybe I am alone, but I think it will be great. The first time that I saw the C5, I thought that it had a bigger butt than my ex-mother in law!

GX624
11-12-03, 05:32 PM
Sorry, don't mean to be a butt here, Rick, but why not post the pics themselves or a link to the site you got them from?

(most likely) http://www.stupidfastboats.com/vette2.htm

I understand business is business, but the link to your site just made me chuckle.

;)

Rick Daniel
11-12-03, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by GX624
Sorry, don't mean to be a butt here, Rick, but why not post the pics themselves or a link to the site you got them from?

(most likely) http://www.stupidfastboats.com/vette2.htm

I understand business is business, but the link to your site just made me chuckle.

;)

I`m sorry it was much quicker since I already had them on my site than to link all of them here.:)

jason marks
11-12-03, 05:52 PM
:cry :puke

rocklyons
11-12-03, 06:50 PM
As a lawyer and a Judge (although not especially expert on intellectual property issues) I don't believe that there is any real legal exposure. If the "owner"of the photos objects to their use he would first have to ask/demand that the offending photos no longer be displayed. As there are no copywrite notices on the pics he should prove that he is the owner. Then, and only then, if the site continued to post them would there be any significant liability.

Chevrolet would have no standing to object to them unless they owned the copyright.

Rock Lyons

KOPBET
11-12-03, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by rocklyons
As there are no copywrite notices on the pics he should prove that he is the owner. Then, and only then, if the site continued to post them would there be any significant liability.

Rock Lyons

I guess justice IS blind. If you don't see a copyright notice then this is a true statement.

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?149755

rocklyons
11-12-03, 06:55 PM
A call from an attorney would have no more affect on this website than a call from the janitor. Until a judge signs a restraining order or injunction and the same is served upon the owner of the site.

One of the requirements of either of these being issued is a showing to the Court of "irreperable harm". Considering that these pics are already in numerous websites and the pics have been copied 100s or 1000s of times it escapes me how a showing of irreperable harm could be made.

Rock Lyons

rocklyons
11-12-03, 06:59 PM
The lack of a visable copyright notice does not defeat a copywrite, however until someone is put on notice that the picture is copywrite protected he is not at risk when he displays it for non-comercial reasons such as is done here.

Rock Lyons

KOPBET
11-12-03, 07:00 PM
Good to know. I guess that answers the question. Thanks.

kingman
11-12-03, 07:07 PM
Hey

Lets give Rick Daniels a break and stop the bashing of "Rick Daniels".

If you don't agree with him or dislike him skip the thread.

Alan

p.s. And l do not even know the guy.

KOPBET
11-12-03, 07:14 PM
Dear bashing police,

Take it easy. For the record, no one is bashing anybody. This is not about agreeing or disagreeing with him or anyone else. The only thing I might be guilty of is an inadvertent hijack about copyrighted pix for which I appologize.

Rick Daniel
11-12-03, 07:25 PM
Hey folks can`t we all just get along.:beer :upthumbs

Ctfoodguy2000
11-12-03, 07:34 PM
It is realy unfortunate; the atmosphere has changed dramaticly over the last few months on this web site. Lets all take a deep breath and treat each other with dignity & respect. If you have nothing nice to say, why not say it to yourself and not post it?

From a guy that loves Vettes and works to dam hard to argue! :beer :CAC

tyrel
11-12-03, 08:20 PM
Okay, I saw those pics over at the other corvette forum, and I was amazed that all those guys were slobbering over themselves about how much they liked "the new C6".

First of all, I'm highly skeptical that GM would even allow these pictures to be here in the first place. One call from a lawyer and the site hosting those pics would be down before you can say Jack Sprat.

Secondly, nothing is carved in stone. Until the C6 is revealed in January, it's all speculation. The pictures in question could be a mule or a design prototype or a modified C5, IT'S ANYONE'S GUESS. It's amusing how so many people can be so gullible. I'm just amazed that so many people would instantly jump on the bandwagon and assume that this is the new C6, without a shred of proof that it is. Remember that "alien autopsy" film? There were many people who believed that it was a real alien. Yeah, and Elvis is still alive too.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but you really can't believe something until you see it, and January is less than two months away. That said, I hate the new pics. I still think the front looks like a squished Dodge Neon and the back is even uglier and even more bulbous than the back of the C5. If...IF...this is the C6, looks like I'll be holding on to my C4 until the C7.

rocklyons
11-12-03, 08:36 PM
Unless GM owned the photos they would have no right to injoin anyone from posting them. It appears that these photos (whether genuine C-6 or not) were taken by some third party somewhere not on a GM site. The person taking the picture owns the copyright unless he was hired by someone to take it, in which case the employer owns the copyright.

The worse thing that could happen at this stage would be for the copyright holder to demand that they not be shown.

modman
11-12-03, 09:54 PM
My first impression is that these are decoy photos taken of a "project" car. Funny to think that maybe some GM execs are giggling like girls about how everyone is "taking the bait" on these photos.
Do you see "evolutuion" in this car?
I'm just always skepticle until proven otherwise.

billagroom
11-12-03, 10:10 PM
People who have seen the C6 Say this is the real deal.
Originally posted by Hib Halverson That's the 2005 Corvette full "body in white". My guess is someone caught a body at an outside supplier.

atmmac
11-12-03, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by tyrel
Okay, I saw those pics over at the other corvette forum, and I was amazed that all those guys were slobbering over themselves about how much they liked "the new C6".

First of all, I'm highly skeptical that GM would even allow these pictures to be here in the first place. One call from a lawyer and the site hosting those pics would be down before you can say Jack Sprat.

Secondly, nothing is carved in stone. Until the C6 is revealed in January, it's all speculation. The pictures in question could be a mule or a design prototype or a modified C5, IT'S ANYONE'S GUESS. It's amusing how so many people can be so gullible. I'm just amazed that so many people would instantly jump on the bandwagon and assume that this is the new C6, without a shred of proof that it is. Remember that "alien autopsy" film? There were many people who believed that it was a real alien. Yeah, and Elvis is still alive too.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but you really can't believe something until you see it, and January is less than two months away. That said, I hate the new pics. I still think the front looks like a squished Dodge Neon and the back is even uglier and even more bulbous than the back of the C5. If...IF...this is the C6, looks like I'll be holding on to my C4 until the C7.

Ill be hanging on to my C5 for a while looks like a corvair type failure!

Tom73
11-13-03, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by atmmac
Ill be hanging on to my C5 for a while looks like a corvair type failure!
Hay now, what is wrong with the Corvair??? It was probably one of the best cars built in its time. Just that it was killed off in favor of the Camaro because of the Mustang. The Corvair has the distinction of being the only car fully tested by and proven to be safe by the Federal govt. :)

By the way, this is my '64 vert.
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/73vette//corvair/llf1.jpg

tom...

tt-rexx
11-13-03, 09:02 AM
it was killed by ralph nader for being unsafe i think

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-13-03, 09:06 AM
Didn't the Corvair get pulled because it rolled over with ease?

Chuck

Tom73
11-13-03, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by HOTMOTORSPORTS
Didn't the Corvair get pulled because it rolled over with ease?

Old wives tail. No more likely to roll over than a Porsche.

tom...

DRTH VTR
11-13-03, 09:14 AM
The early ones had a defective rear axle design that allowed the outside rear wheel to tuck under the car under hard cornering. The car would then be unrecoverable and roll. A device that limited axle travel was left out, apparently to save money. Later models included such a device. It's too bad, as the car had some really good qualities, too.

tt-rexx
11-13-03, 09:16 AM
old but still true. ralph nader killed the corvair because it was unsafe that was his claim to fame and the first time we ever heard of him. after that it was consumer this and consumer that.
and he is still active in this role. today

Tom73
11-13-03, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by tt-rexx
it was killed by ralph nader for being unsafe i think
First lets get one thing corrected. The 'vair is not unsafe. It was tested by the Feds after the press that Nader generated and was found, by the Feds, to be just as safe as anyother car of the day.

If any thing nader extended its life. Chevy had planed to drop the car after the 65 model year but due to the publicity they did not want to appear to give in so extended it through the 69 model year.

It was the Mustang that killed the 'Vair. Chevy put all of its development behind its Mustang fighter, the Camaro.

I know this is hijacking this thread, sorry, but you may find this of interest.

In the January issue of Corvette Magazine, there is an article about the introduction of the ’68 Corvette. That article has some interesting comments about the Corvair.

Pete Estes presided over a new era in which the Corvette faced a sharp increase in competition from cars made not only outside the US but also within General Motors itself. The initial threat came from the Corvair, which had rebounded from its lukewarm debut to score a marked success as the first of Detroit’s small sporty cars. The turbocharged Monza Sypder was a sharp-looking convertible that approached the performance of the original six-cylinder Corvette, offering a much cheaper alternative to Chevy’s powerful two-place sports car. With its Sting Ray-inspired rear suspension, the much-improved Corvair also had the potential to be developed for even higher performance and handling—high enough, perhaps, to challenge the Corvette outright.

Before it had a chance to become dangerous, that menace was defused by Estes: All further development of the air-cooled flat-6 was stopped in the spring of 1965. The focus of design and sales efforts in this size and price class was to be shifted to Chevrolet’s upcoming Mustang fighter, the Camaro—a car that was cheaper to build than the Corvair, and therefore a better moneymaker for Chevrolet.

tom...

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-13-03, 09:20 AM
Tom73:

Here is a site that supports what your saying. This site states that the rear suspension was an ingenious design!

It was several things and timing that was its demise:

http://www.vex.net/~guru/corvair/whatww.htm

Chuck

I'll bet your '64 has some good value to it!

tt-rexx
11-13-03, 09:29 AM
yes they did prove it safe but the damage was done. sales bottomed out and johnny carson had a new line of jokes.my father wanted to buy one until i told him he didn't want to be seen in a fugly unsafe car so be bought a ss impal.

Tom73
11-13-03, 09:30 AM
The first generation 'Vair did have a rear suspension that would allow the rear wheel to tuck under in certian situations. This is where the half shaft only has a u-joint on the inboard end and is solid at the out board end. Same was true for the VW bug, the Trimuph Spitfire, and most other early low buck IRS setups. Believe that the early Porsche was also in this group but not sure there.

The second generation 'Vair had the Corvette rear suspension, just with coil springs rather than the transverse leaf spring. A case can be made for the 2nd generation being the best handling car of its day.

I have to say, that second to a classic Vette, I would take a 'Vair. I love my 64.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/73vette//corvair/lrl.jpg

tom...

DRTH VTR
11-13-03, 09:32 AM
From the above link

"Unsafe - Thanks To Cost-Cutting
The fact is, no matter how much we try to deny it, there was a definite problem with the 1960-1963 Corvair. And that problem, a weakness in the rear suspension, was not a problem of design - as the original designs for the Corvair in fact took this into account. The problem was clearly that marketing and cost-cutting won out over intelligent engineering. The designers that planned the Corvair knew that anti-sway bars would be needed to support the added weight of the rear-mounted engine. But to save a measly $4 per car, those bars were not included in the final product, and the inevitable disaster struck."

There was a problem with the rear suspension, for whatever reason. I understood it to be a short-sighted cost savings "$4/car", as above.

Tom73
11-13-03, 09:34 AM
And I now return this discussion back to the C6 photos :)

tt-rexx
11-13-03, 09:37 AM
i don't know that was a nice break maybe someone will post a comment about the gremlin lol

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-13-03, 09:38 AM
That was still good stuff Tom73

Chuck

LongTimer
11-13-03, 12:52 PM
Sorry but I need to return to Corvair for just a moment.

I always loved the second gen turbocharged Corsa. 180 HP redlined at 6500 RPM. Nice car.

I agree, the 'stang killed the 'vair. On the upside, it birthed the Camaro resulting in a lot of fun for me before I could make the $$ vette plunge.

LongTimer
11-13-03, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by tyrel
[B]Okay, I saw those pics over at the other corvette forum, and I was amazed that all those guys were slobbering over themselves about how much they liked "the new C6".

Absolutely true, but apparently GM is ready for this level of exposure. If you look carefully at the front of the "carrier table" for that car, you will see it is labeled "GMX 245" - the inhouse code name for C6 development.

Secondly, nothing is carved in stone. Until the C6 is revealed in January, it's all speculation. The pictures in question could be a mule or a design prototype ...

It is very unlikely that either of those would ever leave GM property on a table such as this. Given the date of the pics, July, there was just not much time for them to change very much. The C6 is, after all, going through early production assemblies right now.

... or a modified C5...

No it is definately NOT a C5. The angle of the B pillar and a half dozen other cues tells us that. If you have truely been following the C6 development you would know this. A little skepticism is healthy, however, this level is tantamount to burrying one's head in the sand.

BTW, there are plenty of us here at CAC that are "drooling all over" these pics too.

ROCKETBLOCK
11-13-03, 07:38 PM
Sorrreeee... one more small thing about the wonderful Corvair. I owned two second generation Corvairs. One had a four speed and very nice running engine. They were wonderful state of the art cars in the mid 60's. We also built a Crown Converstion 68 Corvair with a 302 Z-28 engine and the 4 speed flipped. If you see one of those...don't mess with it LOL.

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-14-03, 08:49 AM
A Corvair with a 302. WOW

That must have been a blast!

Chuck

atmmac
11-14-03, 03:25 PM
actually i kind of like the 1965-69 corvair corsa rag top with the supercharger. Its is kind of nice. the 60-63 though was a bit ugly!

LongTimer
11-14-03, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by atmmac
actually i kind of like the 1965-69 corvair corsa rag top with the supercharger. Its is kind of nice. the 60-63 though was a bit ugly!

If you are referring to the 65-68? Corsa option you mean Turbocharged. Chevy never offered a SC on the corvair. They dropped the Corsa in '67 or '68 not sure. They were trying to let the 'vair die naturally - yes that's a pun.

atmmac
11-14-03, 11:53 PM
oh srry my mistake.