PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen these shots yet?

Senna1994
11-12-03, 03:36 AM
http://www.stupidfastboats.com/vette2

Ross, does this look right to you?

billagroom
11-12-03, 03:58 AM
That is it. At last we know what it looks like. I love it!!!

Andonis
11-12-03, 05:34 AM
I just bumped into it while searching for something else.
I like it!

GX624
11-12-03, 05:40 AM
:cool

These pics are spreadin' fast!

Andonis
11-12-03, 05:45 AM
Yup, we're talking C6 afterall:)

DkBG
11-12-03, 06:31 AM
Wow ! I think I could like that ! I think I could like that alot ! Cliff

Manatee
11-12-03, 06:34 AM
Awriight !! Thanks a bunch ! I wonder how long these will be up ?

LMN8R
11-12-03, 09:40 AM
I think these will be up for some time, they're spreading like a rash, fast.

B17Crew
11-12-03, 10:41 AM
That is cool!!!!!!!!!!

B17Crew
:w

JT ZR-Won
11-12-03, 10:45 AM
Awesome pics! Looks like this could be it :D

Jay

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-12-03, 10:59 AM
It also looks like it will be an easy panel change from the aftermarkets for C5's.

Chuck

DRTH VTR
11-12-03, 11:15 AM
Most Excellent!

67HEAVEN
11-12-03, 11:15 AM
I'm excited for those interested in buying a C6.

However, this here old guy finds the design rather bland. I am excited about the engine possibilities, but the exterior design???

Doesn't matter to GM though. I wasn't buying one anyway. :D

67HEAVEN
11-12-03, 11:20 AM
By the way, the owner of the site where the photos reside is:

Scott Farmer of Lambertville, Michigan 48144 (I have his street address too).

Bet he's got an interesting story to tell. ;)

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-12-03, 11:22 AM
These pics are finding themselves EVERYWHERE.

It's certainly today's Corvette hot topic.

Chuck

Tom73
11-12-03, 11:26 AM
I like it!!!!!

http://www.stupidfastboats.com/dsc00416.jpg

But for those of us in Texas, where in the world will the front plate go??????????

tom...

Chris Kennedy
11-12-03, 11:36 AM
I have to agree with the guy who said it was bland. I would also add that it has a dated look already---the rear is still too big, and now they've made the front look like a Camaro/GM Isuzu import from the 1990s. The front is also reminiscent of the Mitsubishi 2000 VH4. I was thinking about replacing my '81 with either a new C6 or a used C5 ZO6, and if this is how the C6 looks I will go with the used ZO6.

--Chris Kennedy

cesully
11-12-03, 11:36 AM
Looks similar to new Viper....

This is the first time I have gotten excited about the C6...
I was already planning on buying a previously owned, low miliage '04 C5 (when funds allow), but maybe I'll wait 'n see..

Sully

cesully
11-12-03, 11:45 AM
I'd suggest a coat hanger for that front license plate...

OR... you could move to Georgia ;)

Sully

Rob
11-12-03, 11:52 AM
What do you think?

http://www.stupidfastboats.com/dsc00413.jpg

http://www.stupidfastboats.com/dsc00415.jpg

http://www.stupidfastboats.com/dsc00419.jpg

Corvette-Pilot
11-12-03, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Chris Kennedy
I have to agree with the guy who said it was bland. I would also add that it has a dated look already---the rear is still too big, and now they've made the front look like a Camaro/GM Isuzu import from the 1990s. The front is also reminiscent of the Mitsubishi 2000 VH4. I was thinking about replacing my '81 with either a new C6 or a used C5 ZO6, and if this is how the C6 looks I will go with the used ZO6.

--Chris Kennedy

;stupid

Well, the C5 took the nose off the Firebird so the C6 gets the Camaro :L

Also agree it isn't meeting with all the hype???
The way people go on about this car I expected a dramatic change like there was from C3 to C4. This thing is just a mild evolution :confused ;shrug

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-12-03, 11:58 AM
I like it alot! The aftermarket's going to have a field day with this.

Many great comments about it all over the internet. It's going everywhere!

What are your first thoughts about it Rob?

Chuck

Tru_Ice
11-12-03, 11:59 AM
Looks kinda like a S2000 and RX-7 from the front?

Rob
11-12-03, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by HOTMOTORSPORTS

What are your first thoughts about it Rob?

Chuck :Steer :_rock :Steer :_rock That about says it all. :D

My overall first impressions, if this is truly it, is that I like it a lot better than I liked the C5 when it first came out. It took a little while for the C5 to grow on me. Something tells me, if this is the C6, or close to it, it won't take any time to grow on me at all. I love it.

LongTimer
11-12-03, 12:07 PM
WOW!!!! I am very pleased. I've got to agree with you Rob. I like what I see here better than my first C5 look. Didn't want to be negative before, but I can admit now that I was VERY concerned about possible C3 Batmobile fenders made even sharper edged and folded to match today's kids' taste as we see in the Celica, Mustang, CTS, etc. This looks like a NICE blend of smoothness and edginess. They are avoiding trendiness.

1. Another look at the red Cowger headlights confirms, to me, that they are NOT the vette's. No hood line that low as shown in the red pic.

2. The headlights have a nice shape <B>without looking retro or IMO copying any thing else out there</B>. Entering the fixed headlight area this late, there was little doubt that there would be SOME vague similarities to existing looks. This is sufficiently unique for me.

3. The power bulge DOES extend forward into the front fascia as I predicted. You can bet the new emblem will be centered in the triangular fascia bulge as on the C2.

3. Why the rear fender flairs? Are they there to simulate a design change or a mod needed for the Z06? ... why? You KNOW it will not be delivered with that SUV bolt on look.

4. Though nice, the rear looks inconsistent with the front. Where the front fascia is smooth with easy transitions, the rear is extra sharp around the edge, with a slight fold to the middle and then smooth in the center and bottom. Must be an aero compromise. Looks a bit concave like an early C4. If I hadn't been looking at the C5's big butt for the last 8 years, I might be balking a bit more at this rear.

5. Why on earth is the C6 at a boat shop and how long will it remain in business now that they have provided the greatest security leak in recent history. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to see it, but boy are they in trouble

Tom73
11-12-03, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Corvette-Pilot
Well, the C5 took the nose off the Firebird so the C6 gets the Camaro
Sorry but I don't see any Camaro in it. I think it rocks :_rock :_rock

http://www.csc.vill.edu/~jpisarcz/pics/camaro4.jpg

http://vorlon.cwru.edu/~aap8/gallery/albums/c6/C6_Exterior_Nov_12_4.jpg

MidKnight
11-12-03, 12:52 PM
Wow. If that's it, it looks pretty good. The front could be different, but that's what a lot of people said about the 5th's rear, including me.
The real questions is: WHAT? How did this guy get the new 'vette? I poked around the site a bit, and can't understand why there is one there. It doesn't seem to be a high profile shop that's amazing with 'glass. Also, I can't find a link to the photo. But, it is named much like his '85 vette photos are.

Who found these photos first? How did he/she get to them? It seems like a fairly unusual place to find them. This all leads me to be slightly skeptical.

So, if the person who found these first is out there, let us know how you came across them. Also, has anyone contacted the owner of the site (besides GM!)? What's his story. I'm dying for the back info on this!!!

HOTMOTORSPORTS
11-12-03, 12:53 PM
To me putting the Camaro and the "C6" shell together actually makes it look closer than I thought, but closer to the Viper.

Chuck

Senna1994
11-12-03, 01:00 PM
So I guess everybody likes it. I want to hear from Ross.
Rob what do you think of the photos?

Stuart
11-12-03, 01:00 PM
The back-end looks like you could hang a billboard on it. Other than that, I like it.

Arnie
11-12-03, 01:11 PM
I like the looks. I'm not sure about the GS type flares over the rear wheels, this may be a body that was sent to a race shop for developement.

I don't think the fact that the site hosting these pics is a boat site has anything to do with the pics. My hunch is that the owner of the site got the pics somehow and just used his site to host them.

slashnick
11-12-03, 01:49 PM
I think it looks great. The rear very cool. The circle tail lights are great.

It looks like the cockpit height is much lower. It may just be an optical illusion created by a higher rear. Either way, the slope of the rear glass seems less steep.

It looks to me like there is no engine in this one. Although there are tail pipes?

It's getting interesting again!

-matt

Tru_Ice
11-12-03, 02:33 PM
Anybody notice that the front and rear facias are different colors? I'm think decoy?

Senna1994
11-12-03, 02:35 PM
ICE, I think the bumper caps are just not painted.

twiget
11-12-03, 02:43 PM
Can you say Mazda Miata? Look at that front end and tell me you dont see it...

Hopefully it will look better in person.

Jason

invinceablevett
11-12-03, 02:45 PM
this just might be the new C6.My question is what the heck is it doing in that shop?I mean look at one of the pics and you will see a back door open,with a pick-up parked right outside.I don't think GM has changed it's security policies...do you?

Last Ride
11-12-03, 03:13 PM
I think it looks pretty slick. The rear end looks pretty much like the Cadillac Cien show car. Add in some monster motors, and call it a winner!

Tom73
11-12-03, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by twiget
Can you say Mazda Miata? Look at that front end and tell me you dont see it...

Hopefully it will look better in person.

Not me. Well then, they do both have fixed headlights and a single, low mounted air intake. But.....

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/generations/mazda.miata/99-.mazda.miata.500.jpg

dawg1
11-12-03, 03:25 PM
hmmm, that is a door handle I see. No front plate framing

81LT4
11-12-03, 03:58 PM
For those that get mad at me SORRY, but this looks just like another import, I would buy a c-5 before that. and a C-4 before a C-5. this crap is just a import craze look, cuz thats what the people want. corvette designers could have done better than that.
Really, whats with the GS flares. with those pic's, I bet this would really be the car

DRTH VTR
11-12-03, 04:03 PM
I think it is difficult to evaluate the overall car without the wheels, headlights, glass, etc. The front has two holes for headlights, some air inlets, some spots for turn indicators, just like most other cars. That doesn't, in my view, make it look lika a Camaro or a Miata. I want to see the whole package.

Brett
11-12-03, 04:03 PM
My thoughts are the same as Rob's. If this is it, I like it much better right off the bat than I did the C5. And the C5 has worn well on me.

The rear end is great, however I was expecting something more trim, a la C3.

Apparently the camo we have been seeing didn't hide much at all. IF this is the final design.......
Too bad Ross isn't here to comment.

Brett

VIPERKLR
11-12-03, 04:28 PM
Well I'll reserve final judgement for January or maybe sooner if Jim Dunne hits paydirt next month in Bowling Green like he did on the C5.

If this is it, my initial thoughts are: No Personality. It looks like a committee nose on the car. It could be a handful of cars when viewed from the front. No one easily says that about a Porsche Turbo or the Old Viper (the new one is less individual). If this is it then I guess my C5 gets a blower instead of a trade in!

..Joe

twiget
11-12-03, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Tom73
Not me. Well then, they do both have fixed headlights and a single, low mounted air intake. But.....

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/generations/mazda.miata/99-.mazda.miata.500.jpg

The shape of the headlights is simmilar. The air scoop is a little smaller on the C6 than the Miata. The way the fenders bulge around the headlights is very simmilar. As with the C5, from the front, this car can be any number of makes. The rear end I really like though.

slashnick
11-12-03, 05:09 PM
Im sure in person the Miata comaprison won't even be close. With a much longer hood and the smooth transition into the sloped winshield, the Corvette will look 100x better.

motorman
11-12-03, 05:24 PM
i have owned 9 new corvettes and never bought them for their looks,just their performance. my dealer saw the C-6 at vegas and he said this looks like the car but he is not sure about the rear fender flares.

Buster1
11-12-03, 05:29 PM
I really like it! Been waiting for what seems like forever to finally get a glimpse at what this baby is gonna look like.

Yeah, the front end might be a little nondescript and resemble a few other makes, but the back end and the overall shape of the car SCREAMS power. That back end is tough...especially if that's all they see when 406 Hp goes rumbling by. :Steer

I like it, it's agressive, not wimpy. I also bet it will look a little different with lights and tires, etc. Is that a seperate colored area at the very bottom of the rear? Like a Ferrari black rear grill area?

ROCKETBLOCK
11-12-03, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Tru_Ice
Anybody notice that the front and rear facias are different colors? I'm think decoy?
I think too. Security doesn't look right at this shop. I'm hoping this isn't the final thing.:upthumbs

Buster1
11-12-03, 06:10 PM
HOLY moly! LOOK at the nose only view and then look closely at the botton, on the car mount...it says QMX-245! I wish I could find my MT issue with that in it...but isn't THAT GM's original "codename" for the C-6!! ??? :eek

This is it.

rocklyons
11-12-03, 06:29 PM
YES.

I just received an email from my brother (another multi corvette owner with these pics. I was about to post them when I found that someone had beat me to the punch.

LongTimer
11-12-03, 06:42 PM
JEEEEZZZ and you guys say Ross was negative. You could day the the Mazda look like a C3 with exposed headlights, or a supra or a dozen other cars. This is a great looking, evolutionary, unique Corvette design that look to be worthy of carrying on the performance tradition. These looks, 3000 lbs, 400+HP, wider than a C5, a foot shorter than a C5, C5 interior space, but better look. Come on!!

budweisert
11-12-03, 07:11 PM
(Quote:)

Originally posted by ROCKETBLOCK
I think too. Security doesn't look right at this shop. I'm hoping this isn't the final thing.:upthumbs

Something still smells fishy, This can't be right, something about this whole thing just doesn't feel right. :confused :eek

I don't know.

I noticed that the front and rear fascias are inconsistent w/ the rest of the body right off the bat. It's just. . . .It doesn't add up, it's like were still missing some of the puzzle pieces....

I remember someone saying that Bob Lutz didn't order as much of a revision as everyone said he did. I'm thinking that this could be the original C6 before Lutz came on board.

There are too many things that are still 'iffy'. From the flared fenders to the skinny front air inlet to the akward looking rear, to the mismatched colored front and rear to the odd shaped side vent. Something is missing, I can feel it, I just can't put my finger on it. . . .

budweisert
11-12-03, 07:13 PM
Compare this body to all of the previous spy photos and something might present itself.

budweisert
11-12-03, 07:25 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/va3/budweisert/headlightz.JPG

compare w/head on body shot

Arnie
11-12-03, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by budweisert
(Quote:)

to the mismatched colored front and rear to the odd shaped side vent. Something is missing, I can feel it, I just can't put my finger on it. . . .

Yes, something is missing, paint, that's why the different colors.

Hib Halverson
11-12-03, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rob
[B]What do you think?

That's the 2005 Corvette full "body in white". My guess is someone caught a body at an outside supplier.

The really curious thing are the little fender lip flares on the back. They're obviously an add-on. Perhaps this body is at a specialty shop to have the lips required in some foreign countries tooled up.

They're really cool images that finally show us what the car looks like.

budweisert
11-12-03, 08:30 PM
smartass
:grinshot

motorman
11-12-03, 08:36 PM
hib when i post my dealer saw the car at vegas and that is what it looked like some still do not want to believe it. i never bought a corvette because of the "LOOK" i buy because of the the performance.

VIPERKLR
11-12-03, 08:39 PM
I just saw the head on shot posted alongside the new Viper on a different site. Pretty scary how similar the contours are. Except for the grille itself, it is way too close for comfort in my book. JMHO.;shrug

motorman
11-12-03, 08:49 PM
when you are using computer modeling to get the lowest C of D the shapes are going to be close to the same

VIPERKLR
11-12-03, 09:15 PM
"when you are using computer modeling to get the lowest C of D the shapes are going to be close to the same"

A sad but very true statement. I guess eventually we will all be driving backwards jelly beans if this reverse evolution is the wave of the future.

I've always been a big fan of function over form . There are many aspects of my C5 that I would change but they seem to disappear somewhat once I hit the loud pedal and bend it into a curve. However, sports cars must also stir the soul. Bland styling does not stir anything well. I hope these pictures aren't "IT".

danl72
11-13-03, 11:22 PM
I like it.