PDA

View Full Version : 1981 Replacement seat covers/foam

mikejpss
09-30-03, 04:28 PM
Is there any way to beat the prices on new pre-mounted seat covers for my '81.
All websites I know of range from $525 to $600 for "leatherLIKE" covers on new foam. Anybody know how I can beat these prices- like who is the supplier and how to get in touch with them ????
I would prefer the leatherlike over the OEM'S, and the 100% leather- just a personal choice.
:m

Chris Kennedy
10-01-03, 08:13 AM
Well, one thing you might try is contacting auto upholstery shops and see if people "in the business" know. Something I have found that often works is to just tell people that you want the work done for "X" dollars (say $100 under what the cost you are finding through the catalogs).

Chris Kennedy
Houston, Texas

iron cross
10-01-03, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by mikejpss
Is there any way to beat the prices on new pre-mounted seat covers for my '81.
All websites I know of range from $525 to $600 for "leatherLIKE" covers on new foam. Anybody know how I can beat these prices- like who is the supplier and how to get in touch with them ????
I would prefer the leatherlike over the OEM'S, and the 100% leather- just a personal choice.
:m
Go to http://www.nitroalley.net and let them know what you need!:upthumbs

Yoda
10-01-03, 10:49 AM
Thanks Wally :upthumbs

Bud

mikejpss
10-14-03, 04:10 PM
Just in case anyone is interested:
I received shipment yesterday of a complete new set of "leatherette" seat covers installed on new foam for my car. They were $485 shipping included. They came from Willcox Wholesale Corvette Parts - they have a website by that name.
Look to be of good quality, going to install tomorrow and will update if there is a problem.
Good people to deal with- they were very helpful when I placed the order. Mike J. :upthumbs