PDA

View Full Version : Judged once.

a69vette
05-12-03, 03:36 PM
Question: My new car was judged at an NCRS event in '86. It received a Bloomington Gold. Does this information stay in some sort of database, or does NCRS track previously judged cars?

jonstr
05-12-03, 06:31 PM
I think you may be confusing two different judging bodies. NCRS conducts what is known as 'Flight Judging'. Cars can win either a Top, Second, or Third Flight award based on their level of orginality.

Bloomington Gold Corvettes USA (I think that is the official name) also does judging at their annual show in Illinois and cars can win either a Gold, Silver, or Bronze certificate.

Both organizations judge for originality, but I do not know how the two compare.

I'm afraid I can't answer your actual question, because I don't know if either organization actually keeps records of their awards or , if they do, how far back they go.

Jonstr

71LS5
05-14-03, 08:42 AM
Bloomington Gold does maintain a database of information on cars previously certified. You can check their web site for further info: www.bloomingtongold.com. You can check the NCRS web site and look for contact info for Roy Sinor. He is the judging chariman and may be able to advise as to whether that information is available if the car was ever flight judged and won a flight award.

67Don
05-14-03, 09:59 AM
Remember that weather the car received a Top Flight or Gold award that was the opinion of the judges on that day only. Nothing matters once the car leaves the judging field. Different judges may interpret your car differently on different days.

phulst
05-23-03, 07:06 PM
Don,

Absolutely.

A couple of years ago at Bloomington a black 69 very much like the one pictured was judged as a Gold. Later the same day, the owner sold the alternator for $1300.

That's about the fastest swap I'd heard of, but it's an example.