PDA

View Full Version : Console Cover Refinishing Help.

kingman
03-20-03, 07:07 PM
HI

My console cover is in excellent condition with no rips or tears of any kind but l noticed that after l spilled a little water on it that it started to lose it's shine. Also it has some minor scratches, )surface types.

Should l just take it of an spray paint it or just order a console cover that fits right over it??

Thanks

Alan

paintdaddy
03-31-03, 01:17 AM
Just paint it with some vinyl dye.You can get it at almost any part store.If they dont have your color try a paint store.:beer

kingman
03-31-03, 06:01 PM
I thought it was leather???

Why a vinyl dye and not a leather dye?

Thanks
Alan

paintdaddy
03-31-03, 06:07 PM
Vinyl Dye is a generic term. It works on leather as well as vinyl.

kingman
03-31-03, 06:26 PM
Should l use a brush or a spray can???

Thanks

paintdaddy
03-31-03, 07:43 PM
Spray can is the best way.

kingman
03-31-03, 09:45 PM
Thanks, l will order a spay can from Eckler's they have a black for 89-94 only, but it should be close enough. l hope it doesn't rub off onto my clothes.

Alan

Vettelt193
04-01-03, 07:54 AM
what part are you talking about? The factory center console cover is not leather. The only parts that are leather on C4's are the front of the seats (the area you sit on, not the sides or the back) the shifter boot and knob, and the steering wheel.

kingman
04-01-03, 07:24 PM
Boy, you have got to be kidding me! With the price they want for a console cover, you would think it was inlayed with gold.

The catalogs have a center console cover in leather, so being that my cheap console cover is in good shape (no tears or rips), l would better off just covering it.

Cannot believe what you said about the leather, no wonder the world has us beat in the automotive area.

And to think the vette retailed for the high 30's-low 40's.

The catalogs sell exact replacement seat covers of 100% leather, are they also part vinyl??

Boy does this **** me off, sorry!

Alan