PDA

View Full Version : emblems

kevette
03-11-03, 02:33 PM
Hi, I just bought my 81 today and am having it painted. I would like to replace the front and back emblems during the painting process...any ideas on where I can find the front and back emblems for a reasonable price?

thanks

KOPBET
03-11-03, 03:16 PM
Corvettecentral.com or zip-corvette.com has the best prices I've found for my '96. I bought rear emblem for it for $23.95

Yoda
03-11-03, 03:31 PM
Here is a past thread that will help you too. Just click HERE (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12275&highlight=1981+nose+emblem)

Always nice to see another L81'er around here ;)

Welcome aboard and Enjoy the :Steer

kevette
03-11-03, 05:54 PM
thanks for the info...one question, I saw the emblem on Eckers but only for the gas cap.....is the gas cap and front emblem one in the same?

vettedoc
03-11-03, 06:19 PM
They are usually two different ones. Check with all the catalog stores: Mid America, Corvette America, Corvette Central. You will find them there.

Yoda
03-11-03, 06:55 PM
Take a few minutes and read the hyperlink provided in my first post, You'll find answers to your questions ;)

The gas cap emblem and the nose emblem are different design.. and the nose emblems are not available through any after market Corvette Vendors that I am aware of.

Bud

jon81
03-11-03, 07:11 PM
Forget a front enblem from a dealer, they've been unavailable for years .

You might get lucky and find a NOS one at a swap meet like Carlise.

I got mine on E Bay but paid $80 for it and searched high and low for over a year.

kevette
03-11-03, 07:26 PM
I guess I will just have to go with the '80 emblems ... I guess it won't kill me;shrug

Yoda
03-11-03, 10:55 PM
kevette,

I'll keep my eyes open for a front emblem for you. I had one in pretty good shape, but I sent it to a fellow L81'er in Texas...

I'll also check a couple of my sources and see what if anything I can find.

You can still get the gas lid emblem, it's just the front one that is the hard one to find :(

Bud

kevette
03-12-03, 12:58 AM
thanks...it doesn't make much sense that the gas lid is easy to find but the nose is next to impossible:confused

kevette
03-12-03, 11:07 PM
I give up...looks like '80 emblems...also, how is the rearview mirror attached..by adhesive directly to the windshield?
I need a new mirror as the old one is clouded up

chockey
03-13-03, 08:18 AM
Kevin
Don't give up, 81 emblems are out there but it takes some work. Took me over 1 year and found one by chance, it was worth the wait and effort.

Chuck:w :w