PDA

View Full Version : BF Goodrich Comp T/A

resto75
01-02-03, 07:28 PM
My car came with Comp T/A tires on it but I never see much said about them. I don't have any real complaints about them but I really don't have anything to compare them to. I find they are a little lumpy when cold but that goes away after a few miles.
I was wondering what others have found about them ?

Tom73
01-02-03, 09:51 PM
I have the BFG T/A's on a 73 Vette 454, 90 Vette, and a Mazda pickup. Will be adding them to the other 73 Vette here in the very near future. Have no complaints about them. They are a good tire, a division of Michelin.

tom...

resto75
01-03-03, 09:30 AM
Tom,
What type of mileage will the T/A tires get under normal service?

I drive my car in a normal fashion and am more interested in mileage and wet road control than traction off the line.

Roy

Tom73
01-03-03, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by resto75

What type of mileage will the T/A tires get under normal service?

Roy,
Really cannot say as have not had to replace them yet. On the 90 Vette I went through two sets of Dunlops before going to the T/As. Have about 20k on them now and they not showing any sign of wear. The 73 is seldom driven so no real indicator there, and I just recently installed them on the truck.

tom...

JohnZ
01-06-03, 07:35 PM
There's a significant distinction between "Comp" T/A radials and just "T/A" radials. The "Comp" series are all speed-rated tires ("V" and "Z" rated for 149 mph), but the regular "T/A" radials are better categorized as "cosmetic" performance tires.

The regular "T/A" radials are very reasonably priced, and have decent wear characteristics; the trade-off is that the tread compound is pretty hard, wet grip isn't as good as higher-priced performance tires, and they're not speed-rated. This is an important consideration if you drive your car HARD - these are 100-mph tires; one of the trade-offs for the low price. :Steer