PDA

View Full Version : I have now gone over to the Zaino side...

97moneypit
12-19-02, 08:15 PM
Today was a perfect day for a ride on the Harley or in the 'vette. Well, I missed out on it all together. Spent the entire day claying and zainoing the moneypit.
I have to admit the results are terrific, but darn it, I didn't get a chance to show it off and now it's too dark for anyone to see it.
Oh well, I'll just jump into the hottub, soak this aching back and down a couple of ice cold beers.
:beer

MsSchroder
12-19-02, 08:17 PM
did you get any before and after pics?
how many hours did it take?

DetailingDude
12-19-02, 09:56 PM
Did you inspect your paint with the cigarette wrapper?

97moneypit
12-19-02, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by MrsSchroder
did you get any before and after pics?
how many hours did it take?

Tammy

I have the before pic w/ my sig. No chance to take an after pic. I was going to borrow one of the office digital cameras yesterday but they were all checked out. And after all the 'vette expenses I have no money left to buy my own digital cam:( ... I will get one from the office tomorrow.

The whole process took from 10 am until about 4 pm. But I took out some time for lunch. I was only able to get 3 coats of wax on her. I was hoping for 4 or 5 but ran out of time.

Kirk

97moneypit
12-19-02, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by DetailingDude
Did you inspect your paint with the cigarette wrapper?

DetailingDude,

The cigarette wrapper worked pretty well. You can really tell the difference. With just the finger tips it feels very smooth but the wrapper really amplifies the bumps in the paint.

Thanks for the advice....

DetailingDude
12-19-02, 11:15 PM
In a few weeks I am shooting a video called "How To Dry Your Car With Water" and I will send it to you. Now that you've done your car you will find it to be very useful!

It will take washing and drying your car to the next level.

Corvette-Pilot
12-20-02, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by 97moneypit
I have now gone over to the Zaino side...

Luke let the force guide you ! !

97moneypit
12-20-02, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Corvette-Pilot
Luke let the force guide you ! !

Next time though, the WOOKIE's gonna do it!:grinsanta

DetailingDude
12-20-02, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 97moneypit
Next time though, the WOOKIE's gonna do it!:grinsanta

I am so glad you guys aren't Trekkies!!!

Corvette-Pilot
12-20-02, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by DetailingDude
I am so glad you guys aren't Trekkies!!!

Beem me up Scotty ! !

DetailingDude
12-20-02, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Corvette-Pilot
Beem me up Scotty ! !

HEY!! The 70's called and they want their lingo back!!

Yoda
12-20-02, 08:03 PM
hehehehehe

"farout man" or in todays lingo I think it's "phat dude"???
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but couldn't stop the fingers on the key board :(

BudD
:bu :w

vettn94
01-05-03, 12:56 AM
How long or how much convincing did it take for you to decide to go over to the Zaino side ? I'm just curious.
I had a friend who tried to get me to switch for about 3 years, I had a Camaro at the time. When I got the Vette I finally decided to give in and try it, I gave away all my Mothers and Meguiars stuff the same day :D