PDA

View Full Version : Vents

try2pas
08-16-16, 01:52 PM
Can anyone tell me what the various vents do on the Z06 and can some of them be sprayed with water to clean them out or not?

MacMulkin Chevrolet
08-17-16, 10:43 AM
Assuming you're talking about the vents over the rear quarters - one is for the rear differential cooler, and the other is for the transmission cooler.

There should be no reason why you can't spray water in them to clean them, but double check with your owners manual.

try2pas
08-18-16, 09:07 AM
I don't see anything in the owner's manual on the venting. Are vents just tubes that go to the area they want cooled and then end there so you could flush them with water? We have a lot of grasshoppers on our roads here that could plug them up? Then there are vents out the back and vents in the front. I would just like someone that is knowledgeable explain all the vents to me so I know my car better.
Surely, there is a publication maybe with diagrams explaining all the venting for the car?

Rob
08-18-16, 10:19 AM
I can't find any images or diagrams, but you may want to watch this video:

Interview with Tadge Juechter - 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray | VetteTube.com (http://www.vettetube.com/interview-with-tadge-juechter-2014-c7-corvette-stingray/)

try2pas
08-18-16, 08:48 PM
Rob,

Thanks! I see, I think. You would think corvette would really tout what all that various venting actually does. They really are neat and functional and should be "bragged" on a little I think.

Fitz
03-12-17, 09:23 AM
Rob,

Thanks! I see, I think. You would think corvette would really tout what all that various venting actually does. They really are neat and functional and should be "bragged" on a little I think.

They did. At the Detroit Auto show and the LA auto show. You just missed it.