PDA

View Full Version : POW/MIA Day

Z16#952
09-18-15, 08:46 AM
18 September is designated as POW / MIA awareness day. Today, take a moment to remember them and all the families still waiting for answers.

kpic
09-18-15, 07:52 PM
Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, described his own way of honoring Operation Iraqi Freedom missing-in-action service members who served under his command from 2003 to 2004.

'Make It Matter'

“On my desk, less than 100 yards from where we stand, sits a small wooden box. And inside that box, there’s small laminated cards with a picture of every service member lost in Iraq under my command from 2003 to 2004," Dempsey said. "And on that box are inscribed three simple words, ‘Make It Matter.’

Senior Pentagon Leaders Honor POW/MIA Sacrifices During National Recognition Day > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Article View (http://www.defense.gov/News-Article-View/Article/617869/senior-pentagon-leaders-honor-powmia-sacrifices-during-national-recognition-day)

patriotpa
09-19-15, 06:59 AM
I Remember POW/MIA/KIA/WIA EVERY day.

I fly historic American and Confederate flags as well. They ALL deserve respect and honor. They fought for Freedom.

Mac
09-19-15, 10:22 PM
During my summer trip through New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont, I was struck by the number of POW/MIA flags I saw. Perhaps I was sensitive to such as the media were raging out about the rebel flag around that time. Funny how that nonsense went quiet almost as quickly as it began...

Mac

Bob Chadwick
09-20-15, 11:39 AM
If you're ever in middle Georgia drop by Andersonville. In addition to the infamous Civil War prison the national POW museum is there. Worth a see.