PDA

View Full Version : The mid-engined Corvette is happening!

koolaid117
01-08-15, 04:03 PM
I'm so glad they are moving forward with this!

This is the mid-engine Corvette test mule (http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a24702/this-is-the-mid-engine-corvette-test-mule/)

Rob
01-08-15, 05:39 PM
Moved into the new C8 Corvette General Discussion forum. :thumb

Vettehead Mikey
01-08-15, 07:30 PM
A mid-engined C8. Sure.

That makes 5 consecutive generations of cars where we've heard that GM is 'going to produce a mid-engined Corvette'. ;)

Mac
01-08-15, 11:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the rumoured El Camino coupe utility with a bed cover. After all, they've been working on the design since 1987 when the last El Camino model rolled out.

Mac

Rob
01-08-15, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the rumoured El Camino coupe utility with a bed cover. After all, they've been working on the design since 1987 when the last El Camino model rolled out.

Mac

:chuckle

catbert
01-09-15, 09:29 AM
It will be just another "aspirational" car that few, including me, can afford to actually buy. My aspirational car will always be red and built in Italy.

Red Vette
01-09-15, 06:30 PM
I read about the mid engine C8 last month. They thought it might be called the Zora. Cost around $250K.

Barrett

koolaid117
01-11-15, 01:06 AM
A mid-engined C8. Sure.

That makes 5 consecutive generations of cars where we've heard that GM is 'going to produce a mid-engined Corvette'. ;)

I agree there have been many rumors, but when was the last time you saw a mid-engine mule? It's gonna happen. I'm praying to win the lottery so I can afford one!! I need a Corvette Zora in my life!!

catbert
01-15-15, 11:49 AM
Bob Lutz says that the mid engine Vette, if it ever happens, should be in the $125K (base) neighborhood. We''l see. ;)

Hib Halverson
07-24-15, 01:44 PM
New issue of "Automotive News", out yesterday, says a mid-engine Corvette is doubtful and even acknowledges all the anecdotal accounts and fanboy rumors about it and still discounts the existence of the project claiming a mid-engine car is "dubious for 2017. It also claims a better bet is a "Corvette freshening" for MY17 or 18.

catbert
07-25-15, 12:07 PM
It may still show up as a Caddy.

Mac
07-25-15, 02:24 PM
It may still show up as a Caddy.
Good point. GM has been pushing the Caddy as a performance marque notion of late.

Mac

catbert
07-27-15, 01:42 PM
Good point. GM has been pushing the Caddy as a performance marque notion of late.

Mac

That's true, and Caddy is the major push at GM right now. I'd guess the someone who spends $180K plus on a car won't like the "Chevy Experience" he/she will get at most dealerships. Most Caddy dealerships have learned how to treat customers so they will (willingly) come back.

Mac
07-27-15, 03:17 PM
That's true, and Caddy is the major push at GM right now. I'd guess the someone who spends $180K plus on a car won't like the "Chevy Experience" he/she will get at most dealerships. Most Caddy dealerships have learned how to treat customers so they will (willingly) come back.
I know what you mean. My most recent "Chevy Experience" was in 2011 when I wanted to trade my 2006 Hummer H3 for a pickup. I'm pretty much agnostic when it comes to pickups (I've had GMC, Ford, Chev & Dodge over the years) but I had some lingering brand loyalty. Chevy solved that for me. I bought a Toyota Tundra.

Mac

koolaid117
07-28-15, 09:23 AM
New issue of "Automotive News", out yesterday, says a mid-engine Corvette is doubtful and even acknowledges all the anecdotal accounts and fanboy rumors about it and still discounts the existence of the project claiming a mid-engine car is "dubious for 2017. It also claims a better bet is a "Corvette freshening" for MY17 or 18.

Thanks Hib! That's just disappointing!

Toms007
07-28-15, 11:48 PM
Our local Caddy dealer is also the Chevy dealer and I won't give them the time of day...... They are a bunch of a-holes.

catbert
07-29-15, 10:49 AM
Our local Caddy dealer is also the Chevy dealer and I won't give them the time of day...... They are a bunch of a-holes.

Mine is too, but the service is way more Caddy than Chevy. I don't understand it, but it's great. This is the first Chevy service department that I would recommend to a friend for decades. They always ask if you need a loaner, and it's always a brand new car of the make you bring in. Unbelievable! :Silly

MikeyTX
09-11-15, 10:58 AM
They must be cojoined with the one in Waxahachie, TX ;)

jwawhite
10-17-15, 11:26 PM
a "Corvette freshening"

Low drag - High speed
03-09-16, 05:59 PM
... imagine all the new concept cars we'll get to admire, dislike or simply wonder about. All the ones we already have are legendary and somewhat timeless. You need not own a Corvette to enjoy it.

koolaid117
05-16-16, 03:02 PM
More talk about the mid-engined Corvette

Report Says Mid-Engine Corvette to Replace C7 in Late 218 (https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-says-mid-engine-corvette-replace-c7-2018-160051546.html)

67vet
05-18-16, 10:46 AM
When can I give my dealer a cash deposit? :w

Tuna
05-18-16, 06:22 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.
Our an official press release from GM saying it is true.

I'm hoping the mid-engine Vette becomes a reality but the price will push the Vette even farther out of reach of most buyers.

Now that I'm retired, I'm hoping for a good used C7 ZO6 convertible in my future. The mid-engine Vette will have to wait.