PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord !! NO!!! That Thing Is BUTT UGLY

CorvetteWave
01-13-13, 09:14 PM
My God, what the heck were they thinking...Well, I know what I will not be buying anytime soon.

TooFast
01-13-13, 09:26 PM
I tend to agree with you, but I really have to see it in person...Denver Auto Show in late March...I'm not ordering one soon.

JJS
01-13-13, 09:40 PM
There's still time to get a new C6! :)

jrose7004
01-13-13, 09:45 PM
The square tail lights and side window miss me completely.

bwing
01-13-13, 11:20 PM
I'm not going to make any judgement calls yet. I remember when the C5 was introduced, I hated it, but now I own an '03 Z06.

pvp64
01-14-13, 06:33 AM
I am not sure about the tailights, but the rest of the car is beautiful! I want one please.

CorvetteWave
01-14-13, 01:16 PM
I am not sure about the tailights, but the rest of the car is beautiful! I want one please.

I'll bet this is the one and ONLY year you will see this car. It may not be called a "C8," but it will be radically changed. Too many just plain ugly parts of this car to simply clean it up...

Bob Chadwick
01-14-13, 04:55 PM
I'll bet this is the one and ONLY year you will see this car. It may not be called a "C8," but it will be radically changed. Too many just plain ugly parts of this car to simply clean it up...

A one year model. That'll be the day. ;)

LT4man
01-14-13, 05:08 PM
No problem!

More Vettes for me to choose from.

:w

Nut
01-14-13, 07:03 PM
My God, what the heck were they thinking...Well, I know what I will not be buying anytime soon.

How many years did the GM design weenies work on the C7 design and THAT back-end is what they came up with? Maybe the did "Paper-Rock-Scissors" to make that decision? They couldn't possibly have sat around in a big conference room and all said; "Yeah.... that looks awesome." Perhaps there will eventually be enough of an outcry and it will be a one year only look?

b :ugh

67vet
01-14-13, 07:22 PM
A one year only Corvette would make sales go through the roof. Count me in. :w

6 Shooter
01-14-13, 07:28 PM
:ugh

http://media.gm.com/dld/content/dam/Media/images/US/Vehicles/Chevrolet/Cars/Corvette/2014/product/2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-048.jpg

navy2kcoupe
01-14-13, 08:55 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r265/navy2kcoupe/C7-Marlin.jpg
Andy :w

mcditalia
01-14-13, 09:23 PM
I have never seen such polar extremes in the way people have responded to this new design. Either people love it or absolutely hate it. Few seem to be in the middle.

With that being said I fall in the hate it camp. The rear end design is absolutely hideous and it detracts from anything else the car is for me. I've been looking at this car for the past 2 days wanting to like it but i know that it will not grow on me. Something I would have sketched in high school of a supercar on steroids. What is up with the diffuser? It looks like the back end of a Pontiac Aztec. Even the roof lines are confusing with blacked out A pillars and colored roof extensions. Too busy and overdone. I appreciate the direction of the design gm was going for, but it could have done a much better job tying all of the elements together. This car is not going to age well.:eyerole

CallawayVette
01-14-13, 09:51 PM
This car belongs in the Hall of CRAP located in the LOST CITY OF LOSER CARS in LITTLE AMERICA.

People have to be crazy and have no taste to like this model. LONG LIVE the C4 & C5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Viper looks better.......... I can't believe that I said that but its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The good Lord had nothing to do with this designed because only the DEVIL made them build this atrocity.

P.P.S. Even the Camaro looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

killain
01-14-13, 10:24 PM
If you go the the chevy website, you can view the car in all of it's colors, Nice paint, interior looks fine. But I've given it the 24 hours it takes for you to see the better angels of my nature in favor of the 2014, but I still would rather have a ZL1 Camaro. I'm sorry, but it's not my cup of tea, but I wish anyone and everyone who like to please, please go buy one. Last year only 14K Corvettes were sold. Down from an average of about 30K units. I wonder though where this Corvette is going to fit in price wise? The Camaro goes from $28.000 to close to $70.000. There's kinda little room to squeeze in a hefty priced car. But, If you love Corvette, go buy one ! it's good for GM, our economy, and the free world.

I said here last night that I didn't like the new C7. I didn't say I hated it, just that I did not like it. I've looked at it and I might go see it at the Philly Auto Show, But I still don't like it. I'm afraid that the projected market position isn't going to be there for this car. Once you get into a price beyond say $135.000 your now in a number of European market challengers. The 2013 ZR1 is in the $130.000-150.000 range and I suppose it's well worth it, but the ZR1 Corvette is already in the $3-5.000 Gas guzzler tax, although I assume that isn't a hill of beans when put in perspective. But It's a very formidable super sports car, just not for me. :w

pairofjacks1
01-14-13, 10:55 PM
The square tail lights and side window miss me completely.

The square tail lights are growing on me, as is the car in general. Got to admit, the lower half of the rear end still mystifies me but I'm willing to give the engineering crew a little time to let their wisdom sink in. What perplexes me more is the concentration on the appearance of the car to the exclusion of its capability. Anybody care that the base car has 45 more ponies than the C-5 Z06? Sub 4 0-60 interest anybody? Improved aerodynamics, rigidity and technical wizardry takes a back seat to "square tail lights"? Get back to me once you see this thing blasting down the highway. I love my '04, don't get me wrong. But I took her out on the back roads this morning, blew past 100 for the first time this year (twice!) and something told me everything's gonna be alright.

mattc611inferno
01-14-13, 11:00 PM

http://media.gm.com/dld/content/dam/Media/images/US/Vehicles/Chevrolet/Cars/Corvette/2014/product/2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-048.jpg

The Ferrari F12 front nose. The chopped camaro roof line . The camaro rear end. The Chrysler VIPER interior. Obama Motors have screwed up the best automobile ever. An American Icon. TOO BAD. I Guess the C6 corvette will live a long life. The GM designers should get a big bonus for originality.

CorvetteWave
01-14-13, 11:38 PM
Here is my C5 from way back. This is a "real" Corvette! I liked the C6 too, but the C7 was designed without any regard to what I think of as Corvette tradition. Too bad because I was in the market for a white/red C7. Maybe the C8(gotta be soon) will show a bit more tradition. Sorry GM designers, but the C7 just plain stinks.

catbert
01-14-13, 11:38 PM
Jeesh. Take a deep breath and relax. Nobody is being forced to buy a C7. There are six other generations out there to buy. Beauty, and ugly are in the eyes of the beholders.

73-81 BST
01-15-13, 12:00 AM
Looks aside....how about all wheel drive?

Corvette1953
01-15-13, 12:56 AM
I wouldnt mind all wheel drive, but the rear is just plain non Corvette, otherwise it looks great, they have six months do re design it imo... :p

GS Diva
01-15-13, 06:43 AM
This car belongs in the Hall of CRAP located in the LOST CITY OF LOSER CARS in LITTLE AMERICA.

People have to be crazy and have no taste to like this model. LONG LIVE the C4 & C5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Viper looks better.......... I can't believe that I said that but its true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The good Lord had nothing to do with this designed because only the DEVIL made them build this atrocity.

P.P.S. Even the Camaro looks better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, tell us how you really feel!!:D

I, for one, love the new C7. It is sophisticated, sleek, edgy and ultra modern....gorgeous! It is definitely different and it was time for Corvette to be brought up to a new level. Just my opinion, guys!

Elaine

XLR8
01-15-13, 12:32 PM
. . .
I, for one, love the new C7. It is sophisticated, sleek, edgy and ultra modern....gorgeous! It is definitely different and it was time for Corvette to be brought up to a new level. Just my opinion, guys!

Elaine

It's an opinion I share as well, Elaine. Although I was prepared to dislike the C7 because of personal bias, I find myself drawn to its sophisticated yet aggressive style.

This is the first time in years that I wish I could buy a NEW Corvette. :thumb

:wJane Ann

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/gallery/data/6199/DSC_0520.jpg

LT4CE
01-15-13, 01:36 PM
It's an opinion I share as well, Elaine. Although I was prepared to dislike the C7 because of personal bias, I find myself drawn to its sophisticated yet aggressive style.
This is the first time in years that I wish I could buy a NEW Corvette.
Jane Ann

Agreed. I'm saving my nickels and dimes (that's $50's and hundies!) so I can get one when it comes out! I may resort to buying a lottery ticket or three, just to cover my bases!

Jeesh. Take a deep breath and relax. Nobody is being forced to buy a C7. The are six other generations out there to buy. Beauty, and ugly are in the eyes of the beholders.

Well, people are *passionate* when it comes to Corvette, but would we want it the other way?

The square tail lights are growing on me, as is the car in general.

I was also prepared not to like it. But I'm trying to look at it as a whole, and the first impression was better than I thought it would be. By the end of yesterday, I was liking it more, and today I'm dayum near loving it.

What perplexes me more is the concentration on the appearance of the car to the exclusion of its capability.

From a performance standpoint, assuming it delivers on what its promise seems to be, it will (as usual) be the most bang for the buck. Euro/Japanese supercar performance at an attainable price!

Get back to me once you see this thing blasting down the highway.

The first time I see one of these on the road, I think I will be amazed. I just hope I'm in my Vette when that happens.

... something told me everything's gonna be alright.
Amen.

:Steer Save the Wave!!!

SG Lou
01-15-13, 06:33 PM
I'm not going to make any judgement calls yet. I remember when the C5 was introduced, I hated it, but now I own an '03 Z06.

What He Said......but mine is a base 04 Coupe and not a Z06....:L

C6 CRZN
01-15-13, 08:07 PM
I like it. :upthumbs

6 Shooter
01-15-13, 08:30 PM
http://image.motortrend.com/f/40930272+w1500+ar1+st0/2013-SRT-Viper-rear-end.jpg

pairofjacks1
01-15-13, 08:42 PM
Catbert brings up an interesting point. I recall that in my senior year in high school, a friend's father bought him a brand new Corvette for graduation. The year was 1968 (oops, my roots are showing!) and the general opinion was that it looked like a piece of junk next to the "old" Corvette. Well, the old Corvette went on to become known as the "mid year" and it still looks pretty darn good today. But you know what? So does that "piece of junk" nobody liked. My first Corvette was an '81 four speed, perhaps the most anemic edition in sixty one years of Vettes, but I loved it and, most of the time, I wish I still had it. Hey, drive what you like. I just think a lot of people are going to look back at all this hubbub and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Mac
01-15-13, 10:26 PM
Catbert brings up an interesting point. I recall that in my senior year in high school, a friend's father bought him a brand new Corvette for graduation. The year was 1968 (oops, my roots are showing!) and the general opinion was that it looked like a piece of junk next to the "old" Corvette. Well, the old Corvette went on to become known as the "mid year" and it still looks pretty darn good today. But you know what? So does that "piece of junk" nobody liked. My first Corvette was an '81 four speed, perhaps the most anemic edition in sixty one years of Vettes, but I loved it and, most of the time, I wish I still had it. Hey, drive what you like. I just think a lot of people are going to look back at all this hubbub and wonder what all the fuss was about.
Well said!

-Mac

2VettesMike
01-16-13, 02:47 PM

4 Posts + Case of Explanation Points + 1 can bold paint = ;troll

Huskerman
01-16-13, 03:10 PM
I have only been hanging out with the CAC for about a year now but was the CAC around when the C5 was intro'd? If so what were the reactions at that point in time I wonder? Or even the C6.......Not very many hate the C6 and I see the C7 as the next step forward.....and we all need to keep moving forward......I wonder what would be being discussed it there were 4 neat little round taillights on the back end of the car....? Just saying.....

mattc611inferno
01-17-13, 12:25 AM
How many years did the GM design weenies work on the C7 design and THAT back-end is what they came up with? Maybe the did "Paper-Rock-Scissors" to make that decision? They couldn't possibly have sat around in a big conference room and all said; "Yeah.... that looks awesome." Perhaps there will eventually be enough of an outcry and it will be a one year only look?

b :ugh

Many different car cues but not corvette cues unless you count the stingray on the side.................. I Want a MONSTER VETTE not the FRANKENVETTE !!!

VetteLuv
01-17-13, 01:07 AM
I have only been hanging out with the CAC for about a year now but was the CAC around when the C5 was intro'd? If so what were the reactions at that point in time I wonder? Or even the C6.......Not very many hate the C6 and I see the C7 as the next step forward.....and we all need to keep moving forward......I wonder what would be being discussed it there were 4 neat little round taillights on the back end of the car....? Just saying.....

I wasn't "here" for the C5 intro (didn't have a 'Vette yet) but I do remember the dislike for the exposed headlights on the C6 when it was first shown. You would have thought they tried to make it look like a Camaro or maybe something "European"...... Just sayin.... :eyerole

Bruce
I hate snow....

1analguy
01-17-13, 03:12 AM
When I first saw the exposed headlights on the C6, I thought "they've finally gotten serious about the Corvette and are moving away from all the gee-whiz glitzy crap". Even though all of my Corvettes have had hidden headlights, since reaching adulthood I have not been a fan of the added cost, complexity, and weight (in one of the worst locations possible)...all just for the sake of a juvenile cosmetic gimmick. So, the C6's exposed headlights were a huge plus in my book...the single biggest improvement on a car that was, in all ways, a very successful and serious refinement on the c5 that it was based on. Less was more, so to speak.

The C7 has gone back in the opposite direction. It's just covered in "gee-whiz glitzy crap"...as though some high school kids in Japan had sketched it for GM. More is definitely less. It appears that Kirk Bennion is GM's Chris Bangle...

CorvetteWave
01-17-13, 01:58 PM
When I first saw the exposed headlights on the C6, I thought "they've finally gotten serious about the Corvette and are moving away from all the gee-whiz glitzy crap". Even though all of my Corvettes have had hidden headlights, since reaching adulthood I have not been a fan of the added cost, complexity, and weight (in one of the worst locations possible)...all just for the sake of a juvenile cosmetic gimmick. So, the C6's exposed headlights were a huge plus in my book...the single biggest improvement on a car that was, in all ways, a very successful and serious refinement on the c5 that it was based on. Less was more, so to speak.

The C7 has gone back in the opposite direction. It's just covered in "gee-whiz glitzy crap"...as though some high school kids in Japan had sketched it for GM. More is definitely less. It appears that Kirk Bennion is GM's Chris Bangle...

I've been a member of CAC for a LOOOOONNNGGGG time, probably 2000 or so, and although I rarely post I do read. I never remember any real harsh discussions on either the C5 or the C6. I too thought the exposed headlights were an improvement and iirc many C5 guys had actually installed glass covers on their vettes.

The C7 reminds me of an old building that someone decided to update. An architect hung a bunch of stuff over new paint and facade in order to update and ended up making it look like an old building with crap hung on it everywhere to try and make it look like something it's not.

This is high-school drawing class where the kids got tired of drawing flowers and started doodling cars...

Blue260
01-17-13, 10:17 PM
Jeesh. Take a deep breath and relax. Nobody is being forced to buy a C7. The are six other generations out there to buy. Beauty, and ugly are in the eyes of the beholders.

Nicely put! :thumb
For me, I can't wait to see it in person.
The last time I got this excited is when they unveiled the C4. Going from my C4 to C5 was a very big change in design, comfort, and ergonomics. Going from C5 to C6 was nice but not the excitement I experienced from C4 to C5.
I believe all the GM people involved with the C7 deserve Kudo's for an outstanding job. Being able to have and say Corvettes have been my daily drivers for the last 20 years I can't even begin to describe how excited I am with the new C7 and can't wait to own one.

Check out the video going over all the refinements - if this doesn't excite your senses - then follow Catberts advice and don't buy one!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray / Z51 Revealed - 2013 Detroit Auto Show - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUrtMZ20rFk)

black draggin
01-17-13, 10:30 PM
i like the interacton on this forum so much...im a life long vette owner..starting when i was 17..a 72..between my wife and i we own a 03 aniversery edition and a 11 zr1..we drive these cars and they are driven as hard as are abilities allow...i dont feel like im crazy or out of touch to really like the c-7..i think it couldnt be any more bitchen.i know every body has there own idea of vette cool.. and im just sayen i really like it...just my opinion and this is my first post..no intent to piss anybody off...thanx kent

Mac
01-17-13, 10:33 PM
i like the interacton on this forum so much...im a life long vette owner..starting when i was 17..a 72..between my wife and i we own a 03 aniversery edition and a 11 zr1..we drive these cars and they are driven as hard as are abilities allow...i dont feel like im crazy or out of touch to really like the c-7..i think it couldnt be any more bitchen.i know every body has there own idea of vette cool.. and im just sayen i really like it...just my opinion and this is my first post..no intent to piss anybody off...thanx kent
Thank you, Kent. We try to make our forums as friendly as possible... even knowing that Corvette owners can sometimes be ornery...

-Mac

Rob
01-17-13, 11:26 PM
I will say this: reserve your judgement until you have the oportunity to see the car in person. It grew on me really quick in two days.

If you guys stopped into the 2014 C7 gallery here you know how many photos of both C7s I took. When I got back to my hotel room each night and went through the photos, no matter what angle or what lighting I took the photos in, pictures don't do the car justice. You have to see it in person.

It is the same with some Ferrari and Lamborghini designs. For me personally, I thought the Murcielago was God-awful in pictures. Then I saw it in person. Different story.

Corvette design...heck...automotive design is subjective. For us guys...it's like women. Some guys are attracted to blondes. Some to brunettes...some to rail thin women, and some to voluptuous women. It all comes to attraction.

Some people will be attracted to the C7 right off the bat. Some will be totaly turned off. Others will dislike it until they physicaly see it.

It all comes down to what each one of us is attracted to and what turns us on and what turns us off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

catbert
01-18-13, 09:30 AM
I think the most radical model change was C1 to C2. Look at the 62 vs. the 63. I happen to remember the crap flying over THAT model change makes the C6 to C7 look like a tea party. That horrible cartoon of a 63 is now the beloved Stingray. It's the backward view of this change that will be interesting...especially if the C8 is mid engine.

hambone
01-18-13, 09:40 AM
gosh guys i personally love the way the whole car looks very modern and expensive looking to me , guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder . ;)

CorvetteWave
01-18-13, 11:24 AM
I understand all points that have been made, but the GM designers must shiver when the see a C7 Corvette Poll (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c7-corvette/133419-2014-c7-beautiful-poll.html) that has 57% of the responders stating they dislike "some" of the design to "what were they thinking."

The real proof will be in sales.

Mac
01-18-13, 01:12 PM
I understand all points that have been made, but the GM designers must shiver when they see a C7 Corvette Poll (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c7-corvette/133419-2014-c7-beautiful-poll.html) that has 57% of the responders stating they dislike "some" of the design to "what were they thinking."

The real proof will be in sales.
The joy of statistics... Using your logic inverted, 81.51% expressed they liked some of the design.

Since I'm the one who wrote up the poll options (even though I attached it for the OP), I can tell you I wrote the options with this statistical model in mind...

Love it = +3
Shock = +2
Like & Dislike = +1
Mixed = -1
Disappointed = -2
Hate it = -3

So using that methodology, nearly 64% of those responded in what was proposed as a positive manner... and the overall balanced "score" for the 2014 Stingray is very positive. By my calculations, the Stingray is +62.65. I'm not expert in statistics by any measure. I used that model trying to produce options that were logical. Like any kind of survey, the wording of the options and/or the questions can influence the results. I was legitimately curious about how people would react to the unveiled Corvette... although the sample group (all being fans of Corvettes) aren't representative of the general population...

-Mac

XLR8
01-18-13, 01:43 PM
i like the interacton on this forum so much...im a life long vette owner.....just my opinion and this is my first post.....thanx kent

gosh guys i personally love the way the whole car looks very modern and expensive looking to me , guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder . ;)

As you can tell, we're passionate about Corvettes and we love discussing them.
Glad you two joined our site and our discussions - :welcome

:wJane Ann

1analguy
01-18-13, 01:58 PM
The joy of statistics... Using your logic inverted, 81.51% expressed they liked some of the design...

So using that methodology, the AMC Pacer was a smash hit because Lotus liked its door handles so much that they copied them for their cars... ;)

6 Shooter
01-18-13, 04:54 PM
http://www.forcegt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Lamborghini-Perdigon-Concept-01.jpg

killain
01-19-13, 08:34 PM
I have never seen such polar extremes in the way people have responded to this new design. Either people love it or absolutely hate it. Few seem to be in the middle.

With that being said I fall in the hate it camp. The rear end design is absolutely hideous and it detracts from anything else the car is for me. I've been looking at this car for the past 2 days wanting to like it but i know that it will not grow on me. Something I would have sketched in high school of a supercar on steroids. What is up with the diffuser? It looks like the back end of a Pontiac Aztec. Even the roof lines are confusing with blacked out A pillars and colored roof extensions. Too busy and overdone. I appreciate the direction of the design gm was going for, but it could have done a much better job tying all of the elements together. This car is not going to age well.:eyerole

I'm not all the way into the hate camp, but I read a few days before the revel that the tail lights also house a exhaust outlet for the heat from the rear brakes. I think it was in 'Auto-Week' but you can see them if you look at a face-on of the tail section. The thing that bothers me, it a an-el way is why didn't they go with round tail lights? and in another thread I was curtly reminded that the reason for not buying a $75.000 car would be the tail lights and that would be "Petty". I countered and was sourly rebuffed. But I stand my ground, only 4 years of Corvettes didn't have round lights, 1958,59,60, 61. ( Already know about the Oval lights of the last few years of the C4, but lets not quibble over round or oval, whatever they were, They weren't Square ! I'm sorry, but this thing looks like the big sister to the Camaro to me. First was the disappearing headlights, OK, time moves on. But now the tail lights too, Why don't we just finish it off and start stamping out the aluminum bodied Corvettes ? r just skip the SMC and just build them out of carbon fiber, inside, outside just make everything out of carbon fiber and then we can just glue on round tail lights if want them ???? Yes, I'm being sarcastic. . . Sorrily ! I'm happy I own the 2003 1SC 50th. Anniversary coupe. It will have to keep my happy, which it does nicely !

LT4man
01-19-13, 10:17 PM
Let's quibble over "round" or "oval".

I have owned three C4s: '92, '94, '96.

They all had rectangular tail lights. Each side was parallel to the opposite side.

Every 1991 through 1996 Corvette had rectangular tail lights.

The C5s had "oval" tail lights. 1997 through 2004.

Enough said.

bwing
01-19-13, 10:36 PM
Ok, it's been a couple of days since I first commented on this post and the more I look at the C7 the more I dislike it. Don't get me wrong, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this Corvette isn't for me. It's too angular. I can't think of another gen Corvette that had this many creases. The rear end is too "thick" in my opinion. I think GM tried a little too hard in designing the C7. I may have to change direction and check out the new 991 Porsche's.

black draggin
01-19-13, 11:20 PM
what??? this car rocks..everything about it says new..what are you afraid of....the freaken tail lites?? im sorry dont mean to offend anyone but ..BUTT ...UGLY... i think not...

CorvetteWave
01-19-13, 11:36 PM
what??? this car rocks..everything about it says new..what are you afraid of....the freaken tail lites?? im sorry dont mean to offend anyone but ..BUTT ...UGLY... i think not...

As the OP of this thread I am beginning to wonder if this is a generational issue? I am only guessing, but I bet the younger folks and the first-time Vette owners are the ones liking the new design. I can almost see an age difference in the type of replies I have read. If my gut instinct is correct that will come out very soon.

Traditionalist VS Progressives...

black draggin
01-19-13, 11:54 PM
im 56 years old and hve been a vette nut since i was 17 when i bought my first 72...granted not a super perforfance car but at that age unreal...my wife has a 03 vert and i have a 11 zr1...and ive had vetes when i could afford them since that 17 year old intro....i guess its a good thing im considered young... but i freaken luv the c-7...old or young..its fu"""kn cool...imo..thanx kent

GS Diva
01-20-13, 07:40 AM
As the OP of this thread I am beginning to wonder if this is a generational issue? I am only guessing, but I bet the younger folks and the first-time Vette owners are the ones liking the new design. I can almost see an age difference in the type of replies I have read. If my gut instinct is correct that will come out very soon.

Traditionalist VS Progressives...

This is NOT a generational issue. I am 68 years old and have owned Corvettes for many, many years!! Currently have a 2005 6-speed convertible and a 2011 Callaway convertible, both of which I love. I'm crazy about the new C7. Yes, it's a change, but why shouldn't it be different?? It was time to take the Corvette to a new level, and the C7 does just that.

Every new generation brings out the yeas and nays. Remember the C5 and the C6 opinions? I didn't like those at first, either, and have owned and loved both, and so have many others. The same is happening to the C7.

So...to put your age thought in perspective, I am not one of the youngsters or first-time Vette owner, and I'm sure there are a lot of us out there! ;)

Elaine

6 Shooter
01-20-13, 08:07 AM

:lou

Low drag - High speed
01-20-13, 12:24 PM
I'm thinkin' "Corvette Summer 2."

CorvetteWave
01-20-13, 12:45 PM
I'm thinkin' "Corvette Summer 2."

"I'm a Hooker..." Annie Potts(Vannesa) ~ Corvette Summer...

Yep, I see Corvette Summer 2 in the works with the C7.

GS Diva
01-20-13, 01:09 PM

:lou

Ha!! You didn't know, did you?!! :D

Elaine

DRIVEJUNK
01-20-13, 01:18 PM

:L Something looks familiar here...Marlin or Fisker? 47 years of progress?

Paul T
01-20-13, 01:42 PM
This is NOT a generational issue. I am 68 years old and have owned Corvettes for many, many years!! Currently have a 2005 6-speed convertible and a 2011 Callaway convertible, both of which I love. I'm crazy about the new C7. Yes, it's a change, but why shouldn't it be different?? It was time to take the Corvette to a new level, and the C7 does just that.

Every new generation brings out the yeas and nays. Remember the C5 and the C6 opinions? I didn't like those at first, either, and have owned and loved both, and so have many others. The same is happening to the C7.

So...to put your age thought in perspective, I am not one of the youngsters or first-time Vette owner, and I'm sure there are a lot of us out there! ;)

Elaine

Now just a minute young lady, we old timers like this car a lot. OOps, I think that was your point also. Thank goodness the taillights aren't round, it would look like a 1970s Camaro. To respond to the question about the C5 acceptance, the Big, Fat, Ugly rear end was universally hated. I think they sold a few of them anyway. C6 open headlights, OMG, the end of the world. Forget the aerodynamic advantage. The C7 taillights look like the Camaro's, right, that is if a semi-circle looks like a parallelogram. Well, they do have a similarity, they're both red. Wail on, People, the end is nigh, Corvette has gone modern.

GS Diva
01-20-13, 02:42 PM
Now just a minute young lady, we old timers like this car a lot. OOps, I think that was your point also. Thank goodness the taillights aren't round, it would look like a 1970s Camaro. To respond to the question about the C5 acceptance, the Big, Fat, Ugly rear end was universally hated. I think they sold a few of them anyway. C6 open headlights, OMG, the end of the world. Forget the aerodynamic advantage. The C7 taillights look like the Camaro's, right, that is if a semi-circle looks like a parallelogram. Well, they do have a similarity, they're both red. Wail on, People, the end is nigh, Corvette has gone modern.

You got it, Paul!! :cool!:

Elaine

DRIVEJUNK
01-20-13, 02:49 PM

OK, I'll fess up. I'm 65, finally got my Z06 at 60. Spent a lot of years being a responsible wage earner, parent & small business owner with my wife. Dad had a few Corvettes, including a Black split window, was repairing a 72 roadster when his stoke put an end to his fun and step-mother sold all his cars. My wife suggested I spend most of my share of my mom's estate on a Corvette which I understood to be an ultimatum. Who wouldn't? Not my daily driver, but first choice for road trips. Did a 3K mile+ trip in October, including a Bucket List drive on the Tail of the Dragon (Highly recommend), another big road trip planned for late spring. I have worked on and/or driven every generation of Corvette at some time and am totally convinced the C6 is the most rewarding & enjoyable yet least demanding ever. Based on the photos & videos I have seen C7 does not appeal to me, but it will surely sell well for years to come. Maybe it will grow on me, maybe not. My friend who has several exotics claims the Corvette has no "soul". If that is true, which is very open to discussion since he didn't define what "soul" is, and if soul costs $100+ or more on top of the price of a Corvette I can happily live without that. At first I didn't like the C6 over the C5, but not because of the headlights. I thought it was a bit truncated front & rear, but after a couple of years I got over thinking it had a Hot Wheels or Rat Fink caricature look, and did not consider any other when I finally started to shop for my first Vette. I had, and still have a 96 Impala SS (2nd & last car I have ever bought new), a 90 SS454 and a 87 Grand National, so another black car was not going to happen. The Z06 has more miles than all but the Impala SS. I do all my own maintenance, and continue to be pleasantly surprised how well made my car is. Do i crave or will I buy a C7? No & probably not. Will I think you are blind, stupid or silly if you buy? No way. If you love it go for it. Can't wait to see a bunch of them at a local show & shine. All I see these days are Grand Sports it seems. Keep the Blue Flame burning! :upthumbs

Aceves81
01-20-13, 03:51 PM
If that's your personal opinion on the new C7 Corvette, don't buy it!!!...it's as simple as that!!...nobody's putting a gun to your head to force you to like it or even buy it!!...this car is an absolute design masterpiece and almost everyone agrees on this except a few purists and traditionalists that can't conceive the idea of progress and change for the better!...this new 2014 Corvette will be a hit the world over, mark my words!...I loved it as soon as I saw it, and I'm looking forward to parking one in my garage as soon as they come to market this fall!...I love the way it looks especially in dark gray metallic factory color!:thumb

Nut
01-20-13, 04:33 PM
I tend to agree with you, but I really have to see it in person...Denver Auto Show in late March...I'm not ordering one soon.

I saw some pretty up close and personal shots courtesy of Barrett-Jackson last night; and besides the God-aweful rear end; I almost gagged when I saw that ridiculous fish "stingray" they glued above the coves on each side. Who the heck are the design engineers.......5 year olds? My wife started laughing and said the stingray looked like a flattened sperm. What the heck is wrong with the beautiful words; "Stingray" or even "Sting Ray" in any font; old style or new? What they glued on those side panels are horendous.

n :ugh

Paul T
01-20-13, 04:51 PM
I saw some pretty up close and personal shots courtesy of Barrett-Jackson last night; and besides the God-aweful rear end; I almost gagged when I saw that ridiculous fish "stingray" they glued above the coves on each side. Who the heck are the design engineers.......5 year olds? My wife started laughing and said the stingray looked like a flattened sperm. What the heck is wrong with the beautiful words; "Stingray" or even "Sting Ray" in any font; old style or new? What they glued on those side panels are horendous.

n :ugh

Go back and look at the 1959 Stingray racer and the two Stingray concept cars of the 60's. You will find that "ridiculous" emblem on them. You have over fifty years of gagging to catch up on.

JJS
01-20-13, 06:23 PM
I was very disappointed when I saw the latest incentives that came out for C6 corvettes as I was expecting GM to offer 0% financing (I think it will happen in March) and offer up to $5K off for GM car owners (I have 5K in points).

But now I'm thinking I may be in a very good position to wait this thing out and either purchase a new GS convertible, or wait another year and purchase a new C7.

I loved Rob's write-up on the new C7 and a good friend saw the car up close at Barrett-Jackson this weekend. Both said the same thing, that this car has to be seen in person to fully appreciate it.

I'm thinking I'm going to hold off and wait till later in the year to make a decision.

Nut
01-20-13, 08:14 PM
Go back and look at the 1959 Stingray racer and the two Stingray concept cars of the 60's. You will find that "ridiculous" emblem on them. You have over fifty years of gagging to catch up on.

At least they had enough sense to never put it on a production model.

n

mikesanto70
01-21-13, 09:03 AM

Tell me you guys are kidding, I think it looks awesome, especially the 3/4 rear view, the rear window reminds me of a 68' Dodge Charger!!!:thumb

1analguy
01-21-13, 11:56 AM
...this car is an absolute design masterpiece and almost everyone agrees on this except a few purists and traditionalists that can't conceive the idea of progress and change for the better!...:thumb

Please keep in mind that the notion that this car represents "progress and change for the better" is your personal opinion. All the Corvette forums would not be in such an uproar right now if, as you say, "almost everyone agrees".

We were all ready for a new Corvette, and we all expected "progress" and change, but lots and lots of us don't see progress in this design. We see a great, leaping step backward. This design looks like it was sketched in a 1970 junior high school shop class, by a kid who was asked "what do you think the Corvette should look like in 20 years?" It's a Hot Wheels/Transformer car, on acid. There is no art or flow to the design. It shocks the eye because it's so over-wrought with jarring, discordant elements. We'd be laughing at it if we hadn't so badly wanted for it to be really good.

The above is a fairly representative view among the "haters", as you would call them, and I agree with all of it. However, personally, I am willing to cut GM a small bit of slack regarding the most hated element on the car: the controversial rear end...and not because I don't think that it is truly hideous. It definitely is. It's just that, since the development of the C5 in the early/mid '90s, GM has laudably decided that the Corvette would have good aerodynamic performance without ungainly tack-ons (wings, etc.). That admirable goal pretty much dictates a large, flat rear end...and stylists have been fighting the good fight with it ever since. From a styling viewpoint, their first attempt, the rear of the C5, was not so successful. The C6, while still huge, was noticeably better. And the C7? Well, all of the vents are fairly well integrated, so I don't think they would really detract much from the look if they weren't painted a contrasting color...which brings up the tail lights. I don't even care about the shape of the tail lights, though, if the inner ones were the same size as the outer ones, then they could lose all the black "eye makeup". No, the most jarring element is the lower rear bumper that's designed to appear as though it is a real aerodynamic defuser. The design of actual defusers is dictated solely by aerodynamic considerations. Cosmetics are rarely, if ever, considered. So the C7 is stuck with an almost intentionally-unattractive lower rear bumper. And then, to compound the problem, it is inexplicably painted a contrasting color in order to draw your eye straight to the transgression.

So, is the C7 literally "Butt Ugly"? JMO...but hell yes! I fully understand that lots of people disagree with me on this, and they are not "wrong"...they just have a different sensibility about styling than I do. There are, however, also a lot of people who do agree with me, and we are not "wrong", either.

CorvetteWave
01-21-13, 07:01 PM
Please keep in mind that the notion that this car represents "progress and change for the better" is your personal opinion. All the Corvette forums would not be in such an uproar right now if, as you say, "almost everyone agrees".

We were all ready for a new Corvette, and we all expected "progress" and change, but lots and lots of us don't see progress in this design. We see a great, leaping step backward. This design looks like it was sketched in a 1970 junior high school shop class, by a kid who was asked "what do you think the Corvette should look like in 20 years?" It's a Hot Wheels/Transformer car, on acid. There is no art or flow to the design. It shocks the eye because it's so over-wrought with jarring, discordant elements. We'd be laughing at it if we hadn't so badly wanted for it to be really good.

The above is a fairly representative view among the "haters", as you would call them, and I agree with all of it. However, personally, I am willing to cut GM a small bit of slack regarding the most hated element on the car: the controversial rear end...and not because I don't think that it is truly hideous. It definitely is. It's just that, since the development of the C5 in the early/mid '90s, GM has laudably decided that the Corvette would have good aerodynamic performance without ungainly tack-ons (wings, etc.). That admirable goal pretty much dictates a large, flat rear end...and stylists have been fighting the good fight with it ever since. From a styling viewpoint, their first attempt, the rear of the C5, was not so successful. The C6, while still huge, was noticeably better. And the C7? Well, all of the vents are fairly well integrated, so I don't think they would really detract much from the look if they weren't painted a contrasting color...which brings up the tail lights. I don't even care about the shape of the tail lights, though, if the inner ones were the same size as the outer ones, then they could lose all the black "eye makeup". No, the most jarring element is the lower rear bumper that's designed to appear as though it is a real aerodynamic defuser. The design of actual defusers is dictated solely by aerodynamic considerations. Cosmetics are rarely, if ever, considered. So the C7 is stuck with an almost intentionally-unattractive lower rear bumper. And then, to compound the problem, it is inexplicably painted a contrasting color in order to draw your eye straight to the transgression.

So, is the C7 literally "Butt Ugly"? JMO...but hell yes! I fully understand that lots of people disagree with me on this, and they are not "wrong"...they just have a different sensibility about styling than I do. There are, however, also a lot of people who do agree with me, and we are not "wrong", either.

Bob, you said it much better that I did when I posted this thread.

Just you wait, you're going to see the kids decorating them up like rice-burners and running around town annoying everyone. Only a matter of time before pictures/videos of kids with their laptop plugged into the com ports surface. What a hoot to even think about it...

Rob
01-21-13, 07:05 PM

Just you wait, you're going to see the kids decorating them up like rice-burners and running around town annoying everyone. Only a matter of time before pictures/videos of kids with their laptop plugged into the com ports surface. What a hoot to even think about it...
Really? That's odd...considering that the price of the new C7 is going to be right around that of a new C6....and I've never seen "kids decorating them up like rice-burners and running around town annoying everyone".

So please explain to me why kids are going to be decorating C7s like rice-burners, when we have yet to see that with any other generation of Corvette? And that's assuming that "kids" are going to be able to afford a new C7 Corvette.

JJS
01-21-13, 08:20 PM

Have you seen one in person yet?
Why not save the negativity until you've seen one up close and personal?
I wasn't all that enthused when I saw it the 1st time either but from what Rob and a good friend of mine who both have seen it up close and personal have to say, it's a beautiful car.
The more I've seen the more I like.
Yes it was probably designed with the next generation in mind but that's just progression - just like every other generation.
You don't have to keep posting negative bullsh*t, we all know you don't like it.

JJS
01-21-13, 08:21 PM
Sorry CorvetteWave, my response was meant for 1analguy.

-JS

CorvetteWave
01-21-13, 09:05 PM
Really? That's odd...considering that the price of the new C7 is going to be right around that of a new C6....and I've never seen "kids decorating them up like rice-burners and running around town annoying everyone".

So please explain to me why kids are going to be decorating C7s like rice-burners, when we have yet to see that with any other generation of Corvette? And that's assuming that "kids" are going to be able to afford a new C7 Corvette.

Just like everyone else here...It's an opinion, Rob? Get it???

Rob
01-21-13, 09:30 PM
Just like everyone else here...It's an opinion, Rob? Get it???

Oh I get it. But I also get that some opinions are based on facts. And if you're going to make a statement, or in your case..."opinion"...such as kids buying C7s and modding them into rice rockets, I would expect you to have some kind of facts or personal experience to back up your "opinion". Which is what I asked for.

So it's my "opinion", that based upon personal experience, I have yet to see kids buying C6s and modding them into rice rockets. Therefore, in my "opinion" it's ridiculous to think that kids are going to go out and buy C7s to mod them into rice rockets.

If you love or hate the C7...great and thank you for sharing that with us. However lets keep the ridiculousness out of the opinions.

killain
01-22-13, 06:25 PM
Oh I get it. But I also get that some opinions are based on facts. And if you're going to make a statement, or in your case..."opinion"...such as kids buying C7s and modding them into rice rockets, I would expect you to have some kind of facts or personal experience to back up your "opinion". Which is what I asked for.

So it's my "opinion", that based upon personal experience, I have yet to see kids buying C6s and modding them into rice rockets. Therefore, in my "opinion" it's ridiculous to think that kids are going to go out and buy C7s to mod them into rice rockets.

If you love or hate the C7...great and thank you for sharing that with us. However lets keep the ridiculousness out of the opinions.

I never saw this much anger or glee at the introduction of a Corvette. Most every Corvette related website has had the sameinitiall reaction to this edgy angular stylingexperimentt. I am not in the "I love it !" Likewise, I am not in the "I hate this thing period !" But do remember theHuss & fuss when the C5 came out. It had too big a butt and it was not a Real Corvette. But in the end the only thing that matters is it going to sell ? And that's very important. In 2012 I believe they only sold 14K cars and no car line cansustaine itself on those low numbers. So if the styling is on or off can mean a great deal to whether or not we even get to a C8 !
ThisThos one thing I can hear even from here, is all the "Aftermarcompaniesnies" gearing up with every kind of a 'Mod' you can think of, and if I want 'Round Tail Light' I'll bet I could find some in one of the Corvecatalog'soges next year. A Car is only a car, Ya like it or you don't. I think that all the buzz over the black rdiffuseruser is not spot on, if you go to Chevrolet.com you can see the C7 in all of the colors, and I agree, in torch red the bldiffuseruser is 'Massive' but if you have the Vette paintedmetallicllic gray, blue or silverdoesn'ten't look so bad. just words to the wise, we all need to step back wait till we can see & feel one for ourselves.

1analguy
01-22-13, 09:26 PM
Have you seen one in person yet?
Why not save the negativity until you've seen one up close and personal?
I wasn't all that enthused when I saw it the 1st time either but from what Rob and a good friend of mine who both have seen it up close and personal have to say, it's a beautiful car....You don't have to keep posting negative bullsh*t, we all know you don't like it.

Have you seen one in person yet? Why not save all the positivity until you've seen one up close and personal? You don't have to keep posting positive bullsh*t...that you're basing on the opinions of others! We all know you like it. And, by the way, I'll be seeing the car "up close and personal" on Tuesday, the 23rd...

Rob, I think what he may have been getting at was that, aside from the initial buy-in cost, C7s will be relatively cheap to "decorate up like rice burners" because they already look kind of ricey to start with...

...if you go to Chevrolet.com you can see the C7 in all of the colors...

Yes, but you'll notice that you can't view it from the rear...probably because they're justifiably ashamed of that angle. Oddly, if you go to the C6 configurator, you can view it from any angle you choose. Hmmm...

Seriously though, the dark colors on the C7 look so good because they really tone down, or minimize, the jarring contrast caused by having that much of the rear end painted black. There is an awful lot of area on that diffuser that could have been painted body color and it would have still looked like a diffuser...and depending on which additional portions of it that were painted and which were left black, it could look even more like a diffuser. I honestly can't figure out why they didn't detail that diffuser more completely. It looks so unfinished that it drags the rest of the rear end down with it...obviously, JMO...

KANE
01-22-13, 11:34 PM
I wasn't thrilled with a couple of things. But only a couple. And they are pretty small and inconsequential at that.

Yeah, my first reaction is that I'd have liked tail lights to be more by themselves in the bumper... but I get it. If I had a C7... I'd think about painting the diffusers and extractors the same color as the body. And- I'd really have liked analog gauges... but that is all just a preference.

However, what doesn't meet my likes is more than made up for in capabilities. That car will stomp most cars that cost more. It is an incredible machine!

Bottom line- the C7 is a great car. And that's my simple opinion. :thumb

Rob
01-23-13, 12:02 AM
I wasn't thrilled with a couple of things. But only a couple. And they are pretty small and inconsequential at that.

Yeah, my first reaction is that I'd have liked tail lights to be more by themselves in the bumper... but I get it. If I had a C7... I'd think about painting the diffusers and extractors the same color as the body. And- I'd really have liked analog gauges... but that is all just a preference.

However, what doesn't meet my likes is more than made up for in capabilities. That car will stomp most cars that cost more. It is an incredible machine!

Bottom line- the C7 is a great car. And that's my simple opinion. :thumb

I honestly think that when some people see the car in person, and see it in different colors, such as the new blue color that's coming - the rear end or tail lights will seem like less of an issue.

For me personally, I had a hard time with the rear end, when I saw it on the red C7 at the unveiling. I started to warm up to it the next day, and then I saw the Cyber Gray Metallic one they had....that really changed the perspective for me.

Would I have liked to see them stick to round tail lights? Yes. Am I disappointed with what they unveiled? No, not really. It fits the overall design of the car. In my opinion, I think the rear-end is the most drastically changed part of the exterior.

If you really stop and think about it, overall, rear-end design on the Corvette has not changed that much since the C3 generation. In my opinion, and the opinion of others I've talked to - Corvette design has been way too conservative over the last three generations. You definitely cannot say that about the C7. Corvette Designers wanted to shake things up a little. I would say they definitely succeeded with the C7.

KANE
01-23-13, 02:40 AM
Would I have liked to see them stick to round tail lights? Yes. Am I disappointed with what they unveiled? No, not really. It fits the overall design of the car. In my opinion, I think the rear-end is the most drastically changed part of the exterior.

If you really stop and think about it, overall, rear-end design on the Corvette has not changed that much since the C3 generation. In my opinion, and the opinion of others I've talked to - Corvette design has been way too conservative over the last three generations. You definitely cannot say that about the C7. Corvette Designers wanted to shake things up a little. I would say they definitely succeeded with the C7.

^^ Well said Rob. My sentiments exactly. Perhaps most importantly, I think all the elements flow together. :thumb

Here's what else I like...

I really like the front end. The lights and front bumper- just :drool: if you ask me. :D
The rear glass and side windows are :cool as well. It screams Baldwin-Motion. :thumb
Then, the interior is top notch in terms of the appearance and treatments. The seats fit the overall direction of the design. :Steer
Powertrain- get ready Italy... your exotic super car status days are numbered. :bu

Richard Marvin
01-23-13, 07:52 AM
The 2014 vette brings a song to me (I'm a little bit Country and a little bit Rock and Roll) The 2014 song goes like this ( I'm a little bit Mustang and a little bit Camaro) This car will look great in the year of 3000) :chuckle:chuckle
:chuckle Smokin Z

catbert
01-23-13, 07:57 AM
The truth is that the new car is all about angles and linear elements, and round tail light would look stupid and out of place. The C6 is softer, has plenty of rounded design elements and the round tail lights make sense.

There was just as much bitching and carping about the butt of the C5, and it has round tail lights.

Richard Marvin
01-23-13, 10:38 AM
I'm not bitching I'm just sharing my thoughts Smokin Z :upthumbs:upthumbs

1analguy
01-23-13, 03:36 PM
Well, I just got back to my hotel room after seeing the car "up close and personal". To those who insisted that pictures don't do the car justice and that I should withhold judgement until seeing the car...I have no idea what you were talking about. To me, the car looked exactly like it did in all those pictures. The one new thing that was obvious in person is that only about 1/3 of the total area of the quarter windows is useable glass that can be seen through...the rest is blacked out or covered by the B pillar (so much for blind spot relief). Since I had seen all the pictures already, my disappointment was not increased by the actual car. My wife was another matter entirely. We had not talked about the car, and she had not seen any photos. She was visibly upset. I'm not kidding here...the kindest thing that she had to say was "yuk". "WAY too busy", "too many sharp creases", "what the hell are those bumps under the grill for?" (that was a surprise because I hadn't noticed them until she mentioned them, and I had no answer for her), etc. When the turn table came around to the back end, she was speechless for several moments before uttering something like "what the hell are they thinking?" I did explain what a diffuser is and what they were probably trying to achieve with it. When I suggested that it would look much better if it was painted, she didn't seem to think that would help it, but she does understand that the whole car was aimed at the generations behind us (we're in our late 50s), and opined that it was a good thing there was a Hot Wheels display right around the corner from the Corvette! Ahhh...I sure did marry the right girl! Now though, if I ever do overcome my own objections to the car, I'll have to sell her on it as well...which will be tough when my heart isn't fully in it either...

JJS
01-23-13, 09:26 PM
Have you seen one in person yet? Why not save all the positivity until you've seen one up close and personal? You don't have to keep posting positive bullsh*t...that you're basing on the opinions of others! We all know you like it. And, by the way, I'll be seeing the car "up close and personal" on Tuesday, the 23rd...

Where did I express "positivity?" I stated that 2 people who have seen it both said you have to see in person to appreciate it. I won't pass judgemen until I see one in person which probably won't be till August, but thanks for yet another b*llshit post.

1analguy
01-23-13, 10:01 PM
You are entirely welcome. If I can be of further service, just let me know... :thumb

Mac
01-23-13, 10:06 PM
Now kids... No throwing sand or insults... ;)

-Mac

JJS
01-23-13, 10:15 PM
You are entirely welcome. If I can be of further service, just let me know... :thumb

:)

JJS
01-26-13, 08:10 PM
Well, I just got back to my hotel room after seeing the car "up close and personal". To those who insisted that pictures don't do the car justice and that I should withhold judgement until seeing the car...I have no idea what you were talking about. To me, the car looked exactly like it did in all those pictures. The one new thing that was obvious in person is that only about 1/3 of the total area of the quarter windows is useable glass that can be seen through...the rest is blacked out or covered by the B pillar (so much for blind spot relief). Since I had seen all the pictures already, my disappointment was not increased by the actual car. My wife was another matter entirely. We had not talked about the car, and she had not seen any photos. She was visibly upset. I'm not kidding here...the kindest thing that she had to say was "yuk". "WAY too busy", "too many sharp creases", "what the hell are those bumps under the grill for?" (that was a surprise because I hadn't noticed them until she mentioned them, and I had no answer for her), etc. When the turn table came around to the back end, she was speechless for several moments before uttering something like "what the hell are they thinking?" I did explain what a diffuser is and what they were probably trying to achieve with it. When I suggested that it would look much better if it was painted, she didn't seem to think that would help it, but she does understand that the whole car was aimed at the generations behind us (we're in our late 50s), and opined that it was a good thing there was a Hot Wheels display right around the corner from the Corvette! Ahhh...I sure did marry the right girl! Now though, if I ever do overcome my own objections to the car, I'll have to sell her on it as well...which will be tough when my heart isn't fully in it either...

That was an excellent and very informative post, and I appreciate the info you provided.

My friend who sent me the pictures from Barrett-Jackson is only about 35 years old and he really loved the car. He told me he's definitely buying one within the next year, so GM probably hit it right on the money by designing this car to attract the next generation of buyers. I guess that's a given with any new generation - unfortunately we've all become accusomed to appreciating almost every new design of the corvette.

We're in the same age bracket (I'm 56) and my wife absolutely hated the pictures of the C7, just as yours hated it in person. As I've stated before I'm in the market to purchase a new corvette and I love the looks of the 2013 GS's so that's the way I'm leaning at this time, and as I said I don't think my wife would be too happy with a C7 - she absolutely loved the LT-1. I'm just waiting until the incentives and prices are right, and that might take a while.

Thanks for posting - it's gonna be quite a while before I'll see one (C7) up close.

Stingray C3
01-03-15, 09:06 PM
;LOLlooks like the Camaro lights and ass end
:chuckle

Stingray C3
01-03-15, 09:13 PM

The ass end looks like the Camaro's design. How does that make it look better?:chuckle

John Ulrich
01-18-15, 10:18 PM
37,000+ so called Camaro's were sold in '14 and '15 is following that sales pace. :thumb