PDA

View Full Version : 2014 C7 Beautiful Poll

67vet
01-13-13, 07:45 PM
I don't know how to set up a poll for opinions on the new C7.
I really like it, but won't be trading in my ZR1 anytime soon.

Do people really like it?

Kind of like it?

Don't like it?

02VetteCoupe
01-13-13, 07:54 PM

Kind of like it?

Don't like it?

I think it looks pretty awesome compared to the original pics. I was really hoping the year old pictures were not the real deal, but it managed to make me fall in love lol. Now to go buy some of those seats for my 02

02VetteCoupe
01-13-13, 07:58 PM

Kind of like it?

Don't like it?

Also I know it looks kind of like the new viper, but after all, the viper was basically a corvette design rip anyways, long curved hood that opens backwards and a short rear end. Small and low. Anyways there was a Dyno and burnout competition between the current ZR1 and the new Viper and the Yvette pulled almost 100 feet more in the burnout and dynoed significantly better. 85 lbs of torque more than the Viper at 3600 rpm.... maybe those Mopar guys are exaggerating that 640 horses lol.

Pinky
01-13-13, 07:58 PM

Kind of like it?

Don't like it?

I vote "Meh". Guess I'd have to drive it before making a fully informed decision...

r50thc5
01-13-13, 08:30 PM
Massive blind spot. No thanks, I'll keep mine 60th.;)

blufinz52
01-13-13, 08:34 PM
I think it looks great. Can't wait to walk around and sit in one.

pairofjacks1
01-13-13, 08:47 PM
...a Viper - heard that a lot lately...a Ferrari - trying to figure out what's so bad about that...my wife thinks it looks like an Aston Martin. Far as I can see, the one thing all these cars have in common is they've all been beaten by Corvettes recently. I think the real question is, what can this car do? And I think it looks like a world beater. So I guess I think it looks like a Corvette, and I just fell in love all over again. One to ten? How about "13"?

02VetteCoupe
01-13-13, 08:49 PM
Massive blind spot. No thanks, I'll keep mine 60th.;)

I thought about that too. But I don't think it will make a big difference in the blindspot... The split window would be worse, same reason they shut it down. I did love the wrap around glass, but it looks like they killed that off and the round tail lights with better results than when they killed the hide away head lights.

02VetteCoupe
01-13-13, 08:56 PM
...a Viper - heard that a lot lately...a Ferrari - trying to figure out what's so bad about that...my wife thinks it looks like an Aston Martin. Far as I can see, the one thing all these cars have in common is they've all been beaten by Corvettes recently. I think the real question is, what can this car do? And I think it looks like a world beater. So I guess I think it looks like a Corvette, and I just fell in love all over again. One to ten? How about "13"?

Everybody complained that it didn't look like a Ferrari and then complain that it looks too much like a Ferrari (it really doesn't) (Also it would only resemble a Front Engine Ferrari, which is a more recent thing (OH NO, is Ferrari stepping back to the stone age? Nobody complains about the layout of most modern Ferraris but complain that Corvettes aren't mid-engine)) Everybody complains about the wrong things like the leaf spring (which is used for a lower center of gravity and ground clearance and they can handle something like 10,000 times more full compressions that non-leaf springs.... I don't see a problem)

The point is, everyone that doesn't like them never will, just like I probably can never UN-like them.

kingman
01-13-13, 08:57 PM
Not impressed with the design but again the C6 was not as good looking as the C5. The values of the C6's will drop like a rock after the C7's hit showrooms.

Bottom line a 911 might be in my future.

02VetteCoupe
01-13-13, 08:58 PM
Everybody complained that it didn't look like a Ferrari and then complain that it looks too much like a Ferrari (it really doesn't) (Also it would only resemble a Front Engine Ferrari, which is a more recent thing (OH NO, is Ferrari stepping back to the stone age? Nobody complains about the layout of most modern Ferraris but complain that Corvettes aren't mid-engine)) Everybody complains about the wrong things like the leaf spring (which is used for a lower center of gravity and ground clearance and they can handle something like 10,000 times more full compressions that non-leaf springs.... I don't see a problem)

The point is, everyone that doesn't like them never will, just like I probably can never UN-like them.

Why do people complain that cars don't look like Ferraris??? It doesn't because it ISN'T a Ferrari. Same reason your Taurus doesn't look like a Jeep lol

02VetteCoupe
01-13-13, 08:59 PM
Not impressed with the design but again the C6 was not as good looking as the C5. The values of the C6's will drop like a rock after the C7's hit showrooms.

Lol. Or maybe like 5 more C5s. Given their price drop as well.

73-81 BST
01-13-13, 08:59 PM
Outstanding.....would look good in my garage next to Smoke (1982)...wish I could afford one...:beer

SnakeDr
01-13-13, 09:06 PM
Why do people complain that cars don't look like Ferraris??? It doesn't because it ISN'T a Ferrari. Same reason your Taurus doesn't look like a Jeep lol

I like the design. Tail lights are fine. My only complaint is a minor one. The roof panel should be the same color as the car. Interior looks great also.

The C7 probably looks great in a dark gray or black. Can't wait to see a Jet Stream/Admiral like blue color version.

The C7 will grow on me as time goes on.

02VetteCoupe
01-13-13, 09:11 PM
I like the design. Tail lights are fine. My only complaint is a minor one. The roof panel should be the same color as the car. Interior looks great also.

The C7 probably looks great in a dark gray or black. Can't wait to see a Jet Stream/Admiral like blue color version.

The C7 will grow on me as time goes on.

I think the Carbon Fiber roof makes it look sharp and appears to be a smaller car without the red top... Just my 2 cents. But yeah I'm glad the tail lights turned out ok, fits nice with the design.... I was hoping for just smoked glass design with circle lights behing it. (Another thing people complained about was that is was time for the circle tail lights to go.... All the best and Fastest cars in the world have CIRCLES lol) Can't please people. I can't wait to see it in person.

73-81 BST
01-13-13, 09:20 PM
F*** Ferrari / Porsche / and all the other over priced want to be.....:boogie

Wrap your ass in fiberglass (carbon fiber)

Drive a VETTE cause you want to....

Save the Wave:w

Binkybubba
01-13-13, 09:20 PM

My wife walked into the room and saw the car on the stage and said "oh, is that the new Corvette? Looks like a Ferrarri. Are you surprised I new that?" This coming from a woman when asked what kind of car she drives says a black one!

Cheers, :beer

TooFast
01-13-13, 09:24 PM
I watched it...not impressed...I have to see it in person; the interior looks like they resurrected the C4 dash shape (?). The rear looks like a Pontiac and that little Stingray emblem they are making a big deal about looks stupid as heck to me. I'll keep my 2011 Z07 and if I get rid of my 2004 vert it will be replaced by a 2013 427 vert or a C6 ZR1.

67vet
01-13-13, 09:45 PM
The headrest reminds me of a guy holding his ears due to a migraine headache. :w

Mac
01-13-13, 09:49 PM

Kind of like it?

Don't like it?
I added a poll for you. If you want me to change any of the options, let me know!

-Mac

JJS
01-13-13, 09:56 PM
I was on the edge after my 1st couple of views but when I blew the pictures up I kinda liked it. I'd still like to see one first hand before passing judgment - I've already changed my mind about it so many times in the past 1/2 hour or so.

Greenie
01-13-13, 10:05 PM
Chevy had a clean slate from which to work and they blew it. Just awful.

MarshallDillon
01-13-13, 10:22 PM
The air intake is not 100%, they could have gone to the archives for something a little prettier, but on the whole, I like this a lot more even than the ZL1 Camaro.
I do not know why I would not purchase one, and am already planning to do so. The only question I have is how many iterations of this coupe will they have? A Grand Sport? A ZR1? (I think that is out of my price range) On the whole, without going to mid engine and maybe gullwings, this is about as good as it will get for a design that started out as the c5. I cannot see myself spending a nickel on a new Camaro when you can buy this beauty. I Kept saying out loud "oh yeah!" I like just about every view of the car except the unambitious air intake.

This is an affordable supercar. A middle class guy with some gumption and a plan can buy this car. Bravo GM!

NICK56
01-13-13, 10:25 PM
Difficult to make a decision from pictures... Ide like to sit in it to check the rear views.. Looks like trouble.. But time will tell. Nose hood sides roof look beautiful imo... Interior looks just unreal. Great job.. Rear window looks odd at this point and a side window??? Hmmm tail lights are not Corvette... Why did they do this? Corvtte is corvette... Camaro is camaro.. Ill see it in ny soon.. But overall... 9 outta 10 imo...

cbidwell
01-13-13, 10:33 PM
I would be interested to see how the convertible looks. Also, I can do without the black wheels - give me chrome !

timfitz63
01-13-13, 10:34 PM
Like others have said, I'd like to see it in person before passing final judgment. I'm sure the performance and handling are impressive, but my impression of the styling from the photos: just because you call something "Stingray" doesn't make it so... :( Frankly, the styling of the C7 does not make me want to run right out to my local Chevy dealer to replace my C5's. In fact, I personally think buying a classic Stingray is money better spent than on a C7...

vettedreamer
01-13-13, 10:41 PM
Hi;
To be honest, I would have to see one in person before making any decisions
on buying one, will they still make a ZR 1 ? version.

Greenie
01-13-13, 10:45 PM
like others have said, i'd like to see it in person before passing final judgment. I'm sure the performance and handling are impressive, but my impression of the styling from the photos: Just because you call something "stingray" doesn't make it so... :( frankly, the styling of the c7 does not make me want to run righ out to my local chevy dealer to replace my c5's. In fact, i personally think buying a classic stingray is money better spent than on a c7...

ditto

gillette vette guy
01-13-13, 10:58 PM

Porsche's have looked a glorified VW for since their inception. Can't figure out why vettes continually pound 911's on the track and mileage and yet you still don't like it..Oh well, each his own. Me....I like it.

WhalePirot
01-13-13, 11:06 PM
I don't want one, even if won it in a raffle.

The rear is horrible and the light-show front end is already fatigued and a way-overdone fad.

Then, I was very early on saying how poor the C6 seats were, but at least it was a styling hit. True, kinda looks like a Ferrari, like a Toyota, like a Lambo, like a zzzzzzzzzzz(snoring). I always felt the Corvette was a leader not a follower in the auto world.

I reserve the right to change my mind after seeing it in other colors and/or in person. :w

02VetteCoupe
01-13-13, 11:08 PM
Porsche's have looked a glorified VW for since their inception. Can't figure out why vettes continually pound 911's on the track and mileage and yet you still don't like it..Oh well, each his own. Me....I like it.

I wish I could "Like" this twice. lol

Greenie
01-13-13, 11:11 PM

You really cannot compare a Porsche with a VW. The 911, btw, gets great mileage and their interiors blow away the C7.

bwing
01-13-13, 11:37 PM
I'm going to hold off on any judgement calls on the new C7. I remember when the C5's were first introduced and all the comments, myself included, said it was ugly. Guess what I bought in 2003? No, I'll wait and hold my comment until I see it in person although I am imagining it lowered with HRE wheels. BTW...I recently purchased a Carrera and I only have a 3 car garage. Something's going to have to sit outside with my wife's Camry.

Hib Halverson
01-13-13, 11:45 PM
;LOL

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and, when you get that 911, make sure you also get one of those aftermarket, super wide mirrors the ricers like because you'll need to see really well out the back--so you don't get run over by C6 Zs and C7s.

67vet
01-13-13, 11:49 PM
Thanks for setting up the Poll Mac. The setup looks fine.

It will be interesting to see the results.

Roger

E. J.
01-13-13, 11:59 PM
that little Stingray emblem they are making a big deal about looks stupid as heck to me. That stupid little Stingray emblem has a lot of history behind it; going back over 50 years. It carries a proud heritage from the Stingray racer that was designed by Bill Mitchell.
In the hands of Dr. Dick Thompson, it made its debut at Maryland's Marlboro Raceway on April 18, 1959. It went on to win an SCCA National Championship in 1960.

AussieCorvetteNut
01-14-13, 02:53 AM
World class sportscar...should be available in RHD format and be available in Australia.

Again, the Corvette has a proud American heritage, but is a world class sportscar!

:v

Tony

RogLK50
01-14-13, 03:28 AM
:madCall me old fashioned, but why didn't they retain the targa roof? And those tail lights have to go. If I wanted a Camero, I would have bought one. Very disappointed.

catbert
01-14-13, 08:01 AM
The C7 screams to be finished in black.

unclevito
01-14-13, 08:08 AM
Miss the round tail lights. Also needs stingray script. The script looked so neat in the 60s and 70s. That stingray charm looks stupid.

dcsteg
01-14-13, 08:13 AM
I like all the technical and mechanical up grades but I don't like the body. To much going on. I like the cleaner look of the C6.

FLTrailblazer
01-14-13, 08:39 AM
Hope my initial reaction sticks! This Stingray is truly gorgeous and I WILL part with my beloved C5 to own one !!! I even like the back the more I see it from different angles! :thumb

So GM I'm and old fart I can buy one and will as soon as I can get my hands on one and pull the trigger. :happyanim:

tankman
01-14-13, 08:58 AM
I would be interested to see how the convertible looks. Also, I can do without the black wheels - give me chrome !

Yes, i agree. i am having a bit of a hard time picturing the convertible.

And I am also not a fan of black wheel s alltogether,
but still really like this car! :lou <<<----I love this little guy.

Huskerman
01-14-13, 09:14 AM
Overall I'm good with it.....a bit anti-climatic with all the leaks that went on over the last few months......it'l grow on me as the years go by and someday if they make a GS...I may have to own one....but for now I'm good with what I got.......

SG Lou
01-14-13, 10:03 AM
Read just about EVERY post and I echo the majority of sentiments such as,"Miss the round tail lights", "back end looks way too much like a Camaro", "Viper clone", etc, etc.
I'm sure, just like when the first C4, C5, and C6 were announced, I didn't like them, but over time I grew to love them. As of right now I'm just not feeling it for the C7. I'll keep my C5 for now and maybe in the future I'll spring for a C6 GS ! :thumb

SnakeDr
01-14-13, 10:42 AM
;LOL

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and, when you get that 911, make sure you also get one of those aftermarket, super wide mirrors the ricers like because you'll need to see really well out the back--so you don't get run over by C6 Zs and C7s.

I second you too Hib.

The Stingray has returned...

2VettesMike
01-14-13, 10:45 AM
I thought about that too. But I don't think it will make a big difference in the blindspot... The split window would be worse, same reason they shut it down. I did love the wrap around glass, but it looks like they killed that off and the round tail lights with better results than when they killed the hide away head lights.

Maybe it has a backup camera, those are becoming more and more standard these days.

Mike

SnakeDr
01-14-13, 10:50 AM
I think the new logo is awesome. Looks modern and stealthy. The dashboard is C3 retro also.

Evolution1980
01-14-13, 11:00 AM
I really like it! I have only very minor "ehh"s, none of which would keep me from jumping on this car immediately if I had the cash in hand. (except maybe knowing that every year the car gets better, so do I wait or jump? Ya gotta jump at some point!)
Even better though, is that the wifey like it! :thumb That always makes things easier, :L

I'm kinda surprised, from what I've seen of the auto show pics thus far, is that there have been no engine bay pictures. :confused

Low drag - High speed
01-14-13, 11:27 AM
I really like it! I have only very minor "ehh"s, none of which would keep me from jumping on this car immediately if I had the cash in hand. :confused

My first impression was bad, but I quickly realized it was the garish color that put me off. There's a small version of the car in dark gunmetal that looks quite nice, although count me in with the group who doesn't care for the roof treatment. Full hatchback glass is my personal preference and the blind spot wings look more like a 240Z than a Corvette.

Lots of good points and a few very bad ones. I'm thinking the convertible will cure a couple roof issues.

I like it from the front, it looks stubby from the sides and the back is kind of 50/50 to me. I'll bet the custom shops will have lots of body-mod kits ...

Ghost
01-14-13, 11:37 AM
FWIW, I like it. I like the way the backup lights are integrated into the taillights, which do appear to be LED. As far as the appearance of the lights I think they look fine. I mean, the C5 had oval taillights, and what was the HiPo C4 that had the sort-of-rectangular taillights? The interior looks fantastic (I see no parking brake lever, just a switch...curious how that works) and the possibility of obtaining a saddle brown interior is a plus. I see from the GM site that the top is available 3 ways: painted CF, Black CF or transparent... Can't wait to see one live!

GS Diva
01-14-13, 12:12 PM
I love the car!! It is sophisticated, sleek, edgy, very modern...as it should be. The Corvette could not stay the way it was (although I love the C5 and particularly the C6). It was time for a major change, and I think GM pulled it off. :upthumbs

I'm anxious to see one up close but right now, I love the whole thing!! :happyanim:

Elaine

koolaid117
01-14-13, 12:28 PM
I like the car overall, but I do not like the taillights, and I'm going to have to see the "stingray" in person and on the car before I make a final decision. I hope it makes it to the Columbus Auto Show so I can see it sooner rather than later.

Bottom line, I would still buy it because it is still a Corvette!:Steer

Dad
01-14-13, 12:32 PM

Agreed, maybe add flat to that black and it would be a go.

28Again
01-14-13, 01:30 PM
Barf. Sorry. Maybe when I see it in White, I'll get over the tail lights.

2 Timer
01-14-13, 02:36 PM
My opinion. Way over the top. I do not like much about the exterior styling. The rear quarter windows and back glass look like a rear view nightmare. As for the interior, I like the new layout, but what will make or break it will be the quality of materials. Hope the navigation system has been upgraded. Like the seats. Overall it makes me love my 2013 C6 that much more. Time will tell.

redvett
01-14-13, 03:01 PM
I like the C7 but havent seen any specs like outside dimensions and weight etc. Anyone found them yet?

Front Runner
01-14-13, 04:18 PM
I really like it!!! Home Run for GM!!! :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

I'll have one in the future if I can fit in the darn thing....................

SnakeDr
01-14-13, 04:30 PM
My wife likes it a lot. The car looks awesome in gray. She sent me the links below.

First look: The new 2014 Corvette Stingray - Video - Personal Finance (http://money.cnn.com/video/pf/2013/01/14/pf-corvette-stingray-2013.cnnmoney/index.html?source=cnn_bin)

Cool cars from the Detroit Auto Show - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (11) - CNNMoney (http://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2013/01/14/detroit-auto-show/11.html)

I like the tail lights and its not unusual too see BMW (like the 1 series 7 series) and Mercedes entire product line to have some common cosmetic features. In the area of front end and nose.

Keep in mind the rear tail lights and rear quarter panal are functional vents. This feature is from Le Mans racing experiance. This helps the Corvette man handle Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin and anyone else who wants to step in the ring.

Not sure how it would have looked with round tail lights. The rear end looks more Lexus LFA than anything else.

Lexus LFA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_LFA)

LT4CE
01-14-13, 05:16 PM
I don't like the Camaro-esque tail lights, but they'll probably grow on me.

I don't like the Audi-esque headlights, but they'll probably grow on me.

I was never one to complain about the interior of the C5/C6, other than a complaint or two about the seats perhaps not providing enough lateral support. So while the interior looks nice, it won't affect a buying decision... which I'm working on with the better half... good luck to me with that! She seems to feel that we don't need two Corvettes! :nono I don't want to lose the LT4 in order to buy one of these!

Overall, I like the body shape and the style. It's a nice mixture of modern looking sharp edges and Vette curves. When I look at it, I see a Corvette.

Also, there's a C4 vibe about it that I like! (says the C4 driver... ;))

:Steer Save the Wave!!!

Ghost
01-14-13, 05:31 PM
I like the C7 but havent seen any specs like outside dimensions and weight etc. Anyone found them yet?

Here ya go:

2014 Corvette Reveal | Chevrolet (http://www.chevrolet.com/new-2014-corvette/)

bottom right hand side is the specs link

cementhead1953
01-14-13, 05:54 PM
Isee alot of cars put together to make this one

XLR8
01-14-13, 05:57 PM
Take a look at this thread: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c7-corvette/133431-2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-preliminary-specifications.html

Rob will have the C7 specs added to the Tech Center ASAP.

:wJane Ann

SnakeDr
01-14-13, 06:18 PM

I was never one to complain about the interior of the C5/C6, other than a complaint or two about the seats perhaps not providing enough lateral support. So while the interior looks nice, it won't affect a buying decision... which I'm working on with the better half... good luck to me with that! She seems to feel that we don't need two Corvettes! :nono I don't want to lose the LT4 in order to buy one of these!

Overall, I like the body shape and the style. It's a nice mixture of modern looking sharp edges and Vette curves. When I look at it, I see a Corvette.

I understand what your saying. However with sagging sales...the Corvette has to be the Worlds Sportscar. When looking at the rear I see the C2 Stingray window minus the split. The dash also reminds me of the C2 Stingray interior but modern.

It also has cues from the Callaway C16 if you look at the grill. Headlights are similar also.

I would like to keep my LT1 also. Just a reminder how far the Corvette has some. The Mrs wouldn't go for that, its either the one or the other. However I have the green light for the C7.

02VetteCoupe
01-14-13, 06:35 PM

I also thought that it had a C4 vibe, since the first spy photos. It's because of the longer hood look, probably because it appears to slope more backward than forward.

67vet
01-14-13, 07:42 PM
The photo of the Corvette in Pewter with Cognac interior is beautiful. :w

Evolution1980
01-14-13, 08:34 PM
The photo of the Corvette in Pewter with Cognac interior is beautiful. :w

That is pretty sharp! Very English looking! I could see James Bond doing dramatic things with that car!

rshelb7
01-14-13, 09:16 PM
Wow, finally a nice interior. And the performance looks to be excellent. But that overly busy exterior makes me oh so happy I have a C6 Z06. It looks that much better today.:L

JJS
01-14-13, 09:26 PM
You can't pass judgement on pictures - you have to see it up close and personal so I'm going to wait to pass judgement.
These things aren't going to hit the showroom floors until late summer, early fall, so let's just wait and see. Most of the people
that were on hand last night thought it was beautiful so I've decided to wait and see.

I remember the 1st C6 Z06 I saw - I thought it was a Viper until it passed me, then I was a little p*ssed that GM copied (in my mind)
the front end of the Viper for the Z's - I don't feel like that anymore, it was just 1st impression. I don't see any resemblence to the
Viper when I look at the GS's or Z06's now.

Give it some time to grow on you!:)

CallawayVette
01-14-13, 09:40 PM
:eyerole

This 2014 Model looks like a mish-mush of five other jap cars.

Looks like Chevy want to close out the Vette by the looks of this model.

I am sure that it will be over priced too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Corvette Lovers will think this car is a real joke!!!!

Evolution1980
01-14-13, 10:46 PM

True Corvette Lovers will think this car is a real joke!!!!Whoa! I think the Earth's magnetic poles just switched.
A Callaway owner talking about a car being overpriced? AND it's in reference to a base model Corvette??? My head's about to explode. :crazy

"True Corvette Lovers"....from one to another??? ;squint:

89Z51
01-14-13, 11:09 PM
Isee alot of cars put together to make this one

While I can see Corvette in it, it would have been just as believable to announce it as a new sport coupe from Cadillac....or the next Camaro.

Camadillette?

mattc611inferno
01-14-13, 11:51 PM
While I can see Corvette in it, it would have been just as believable to announce it as a new sport coupe from Cadillac....or the next Camaro.

Camadillette?

There is no doubt that GM was looking at other cars and liked some styling ques just don't understand where they are looking at NEW buyers . Here in the US the current Corvette buyers are 40s plus. And giving the economy lately the younger generation is not going to be the new buyers they may want. Less than 20k vettes built each yr for the last 3 yrs. OBAMA Motors can't figure out we didn't want an European car. We wanted an performance car that looked great now we have one that looks like many cars on the road. Ferrari F12 GT-R chopped Camaro roof. And no doubt Camaro rear end. Viper interior. Not all bad but for a new model design show me something that says I got to have one. Too extreme on the unlike VETTE ques. Want a VETTE monster not a frankenvette. By the way KEEPING MY C6 Grand Sport a lot longer NOW.

Evolution1980
01-15-13, 09:33 AM
Here in the US the current Corvette buyers are 40s plus. And giving the economy lately the younger generation is not going to be the new buyers they may want. OBAMA Motors can't figure out we didn't want an European car. Matt, I had a reply to you (and others) typed up in this thread, but after reading my reply, figured it deserved it's own thread and as a way to not hijack this thread.

My reply is here: www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c7-corvette/133452-why-corvette-will-successful-why-you-dont-like.html (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c7-corvette/133452-why-corvette-will-successful-why-you-dont-like.html)

LT4CE
01-17-13, 01:04 PM

Camadillette?

Camadillette?

Good one! That's laugh out loud funny! :rotfl

It makes me smile, so it makes my morning! :happyanim:

LT4CE
01-17-13, 01:42 PM

In my opinion, you should stop two things.

1) Based on this post, and another post of yours that I read, it seems you have a problem with things / people of Japanese origin. Just what is it that drives your anger / ignorance?

I'm against censorship, but were I a moderator or admin, repeated use of an offensive epithet in a forum like this would be enough to have you banned, at least after a warning.

2) Why do you feel empowered to speak for "True Corvette Lovers"?. You did that in another post, so clearly you feel that you're a representative of that well defined group, but why??? :confused

The poll for this thread currently runs about 40 votes positive, 35 votes mixed - neutral/positive, and 31 votes mixed - neutral/negative. So, CLEARLY, you DO NOT speak for ALL "True Corvette Lovers". :nono

QUIT IT! :SLAP

Evolution1980
01-17-13, 02:25 PM
In my opinion, you should stop two things....QUIT IT! :SLAP

He's just here to troll. Stir shit up just for the sake of doing do. He has no intent of contributing anything positive in nature. Trolls normally go away once they get bored with being ignored. So we encourage our members not to feed the trolls. And if the trolls don't go away on their own, then we the Moderators/Administrators will step in. :thumb

Trolling for a Response? (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/edge/56597-trolling-response.html)

1analguy
01-17-13, 05:45 PM

I have to agree. Black will tend to tone down or even hide all of the garish visual noise that the car is slathered with.

dcsteg
01-18-13, 07:59 AM

Camadillette?

A baseless comment.

What are you thinking?

Put on your glasses

Huskerman
01-18-13, 08:46 AM
I have to agree. Black will tend to tone down or even hide all of the garish visual noise that the car is slathered with.

Why can't they just paint the visual noise as you call it, the body color so it just blends in....that's what I would do...its all functional stuff. Or for us Chrome dinasours we can get it all chromed.....oh yeah.....:happyanim:

1analguy
01-18-13, 01:17 PM
A baseless comment.

What are you thinking?

Put on your glasses

Go back and take a real hard look at the XLR, and then tell us that the C7 couldn't easily pass for a newer version of it.

Why can't they just paint the visual noise as you call it, the body color so it just blends in....that's what I would do...its all functional stuff. Or for us Chrome dinasours we can get it all chromed.....oh yeah.....:happyanim:

I know you joke about being a chrome dinosaur, but your GS is drop-dead gorgeous with just those chrome wheels on it...

As to the rest, I think you're right. Painting almost all of the "noisy" stuff would make a huge dent in the ugly, for sure...since the basic silhouette of the car isn't bad at all. The one area where I'm not too sure if it would work would be around the tail lights. The tail lights appear to have been sized to look proportional with the black "eye makeup" surrounding them. If you remove that eye makeup, I'm afraid that the smaller inner lights will look too small. They'd get lost on that huge, flat fascia. Perhaps if you could replace the inner lights with another set of the larger outer lights, then all of the tail lights would look more proportional without the black surrounds. Also, the rear diffuser wouldn't need to be completely painted, either. Some of the lower edge could remain black...maybe the lower third or so. I'd bet big money that we'll be seeing many variations on diffuser paint/mods, and fairly quickly, too...

Huskerman
01-18-13, 02:31 PM
Go back and take a real hard look at the XLR, and then tell us that the C7 couldn't easily pass for a newer version of it.

I know you joke about being a chrome dinosaur, but your GS is drop-dead gorgeous with just those chrome wheels on it...

As to the rest, I think you're right. Painting almost all of the "noisy" stuff would make a huge dent in the ugly, for sure...since the basic silhouette of the car isn't bad at all. The one area where I'm not too sure if it would work would be around the tail lights. The tail lights appear to have been sized to look proportional with the black "eye makeup" surrounding them. If you remove that eye makeup, I'm afraid that the smaller inner lights will look too small. They'd get lost on that huge, flat fascia. Perhaps if you could replace the inner lights with another set of the larger outer lights, then all of the tail lights would look more proportional without the black surrounds. Also, the rear diffuser wouldn't need to be completely painted, either. Some of the lower edge could remain black...maybe the lower third or so. I'd bet big money that we'll be seeing many variations on diffuser paint/mods, and fairly quickly, too...

Thanks for the complement and I realize there are times when just enough shiny is all you need. Of course all bets are off when it comes to my Harley....:D I don't think we should ever underestemate the power of the aftermarket. As I posted somewhere else there are big things going on right now in their world as they scramble to get moving on stuff we the people will demand. Maybe even a plug and play new set of round taillights.

The darker grey car they had there looks better then the red one with all the black stuff standing out but there are a lot of people who like the blacked out wheels and such....wait I have more......I had a 90 C4 that was Charcoal metallic only around 878 of them were that color out of 23K cars sold. It was a great color along with tinted windows....I posted a pic of it somewhere but I forget where. One of the reasons I liked it was because it hid that mid body beltline of black that ran around the car. It blended in with the dark paint. There will be options on the C7 to make it whatever you want I'm sure....lots of them.

LT4CE
01-18-13, 07:23 PM
He's just here to troll. Stir shit up just for the sake of doing do. He has no intent of contributing anything positive in nature. Trolls normally go away once they get bored with being ignored. So we encourage our members not to feed the trolls. And if the trolls don't go away on their own, then we the Moderators/Administrators will step in. :thumb

Trolling for a Response? (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/edge/56597-trolling-response.html)

Copy that. Thx.

dcsteg
01-18-13, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the complement and I realize there are times when just enough shiny is all you need. Of course all bets are off when it comes to my Harley....:D I don't think we should ever underestemate the power of the aftermarket. As I posted somewhere else there are big things going on right now in their world as they scramble to get moving on stuff we the people will demand. Maybe even a plug and play new set of round taillights.

The darker grey car they had there looks better then the red one with all the black stuff standing out but there are a lot of people who like the blacked out wheels and such....wait I have more......I had a 90 C4 that was Charcoal metallic only around 878 of them were that color out of 23K cars sold. It was a great color along with tinted windows....I posted a pic of it somewhere but I forget where. One of the reasons I liked it was because it hid that mid body beltline of black that ran around the car. It blended in with the dark paint. There will be options on the C7 to make it whatever you want I'm sure....lots of them.

Black wheels look good with certain darker colors. Not sure about red though.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/Davesconifers/2011%20Corvete%20Z06/IMG_7192.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/Davesconifers/2011%20Corvete%20Z06/2945924321.jpg

Paul T
01-19-13, 03:05 PM
Just got back from the C7 Reveal in Detroit and could hardly wait to see what was on the web. Not disappointed. The new Corvette is here, let the bitchin begin. First, the car is drop dead gorgeous from all angles. Everything "stuck on it" has a purpose. All vents are functional and anything done to the outside shape by aftermarket tweaks is only going to screw it up. So, be careful. Now, to comment on previous posts, that garish color it was shown in was Torch Red. One of the most popular colors in rececnt Corvette history. That stupid little Stingray emblem first appeared on the 1959 Stingray racer and several concept cars after that. Nothing new there, just Corvette history once again. Quit drinking the Kool Aid and go to the Chevrolet website and look at the back end of the Camaro. Better yet, print it out and print out the back end of the C7. Overlay them and tell me what is common with them. Oh yeah, they're both red. I did just that and guess what, not a line matched up. I guess I wasn't born with Camaro eyeballs. I heard all this before on the C4, C5, and C6 and now they are all great. Of course, I am biased. I never met a Corvette I didn't like. As long as it is chasing every other make off the track, put it in shoebox. If that is what they did this time, it is one beutiful shoebox. Make mine Torch Red.

67vet
01-20-13, 07:05 AM
Is that a picture of the new Corvette in the backround of the last picture (in green)? LOL

dcsteg
01-20-13, 07:41 AM
Is that a picture of the new Corvette in the backround of the last picture (in green)? LOL

No...that photo was taken in 2011.

I'll play along. Good eye.

It's a Camaro. At that distance it does have a faint resembalance to the new C7. I hope thy don't offer it in that color.

Gotta say: The more I look at this C7 the more I like it.

mtdoragary
01-20-13, 02:48 PM
It could make a HUGE difference! I got rid of my beloved VW-CC after less than a year because of the A-pillar/mirror blind spots... after almost hitting pedestrians three times!

mtdoragary
01-20-13, 02:51 PM
,,,and anything done to the outside shape by aftermarket tweaks is only going to screw it up. So, be careful.
The mouth is ugly, but double the number of teeth in the grille and it would beautifully harken back to the best looking Vette ever - the 56-57!

Aceves81
01-20-13, 04:22 PM
For your information, the new C7 has a removable targa roof, Ok??...and if you don't like the new evolutionary, futuristic tail lights, don't but it!...it's as simple as that!....I personally LOVE the whole car and I'm looking forward to purchasing it. It will be my first brand-new Corvette ever!
:madCall me old fashioned, but why didn't they retain the targa roof? And those tail lights have to go. If I wanted a Camero, I would have bought one. Very disappointed.

mtdoragary
01-20-13, 04:38 PM
For your information, the new C7 has a removable targa roof, Ok??...and if you don't like the new evolutionary, futuristic tail lights, don't but it!...it's as simple as that!....I personally LOVE the whole car and I'm looking forward to purchasing it. It will be my first brand-new Corvette ever!
Can you not be happy until everyone agrees with you? Just checking...

Aceves81
01-20-13, 04:41 PM
You're the one that's a real joke!...you need to calm down and take a swig of Jack Daniel's to relax a little bit or you're going to suffer a stroke as a result of all your hate & anger towards the new 2014 C7 Stingray!!!...I think it looks AWESOME and AMAZING with it's new FUTURISTIC DESIGN!!!...it was time for a change, and the new C7 is a BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!!
:beer

JJS
01-20-13, 05:29 PM
A good friend of mine was at the show (B-J) and got an up close look at it. He said the car is absolutely beautiful in person. He hated the tail lights when he saw the car unveiled last week in Detroit, but after seeing them up close he loved them. He told me he's definitely buying one next year.

This guy is only about 35 years old and he's crazy about cars.

1analguy
01-21-13, 04:53 PM
I wonder what the schedule is for updating the configurator on Chevrolet's website...

tmkassin
01-22-13, 08:26 PM
You can't judge it by pictures. As soon as I saw it in person I liked it. I just wish they would have let me sit in it!

Mac
01-23-13, 10:20 PM
Ratio of people who love the C7 vs those who hate the 2014 Stingray seems to remain steadily 2 to 1... Just saying... ;)

-Mac

dcsteg
01-24-13, 06:57 AM
These polls always become troll infested if they last long enough. Some people would argue the point forever because they feed off prolonged public dispute or debat.

The C7 is acceptable tail lights and all. I was on the fence at first but now I truly like it.

I'll see it in a few weeks in the Kansas City Auto Show.

When will I buy? As I said eariler in a couple years. It's been a positive experience, for me, to wait a few years till they get a totally new design shook out. The Z06 and convertable should be killer. Worth waiting for.

Probably be my last one as I am a old silver haired fox that still like to look good, go fast and chase women. A good way to go out.

Enjoy life to the fullest. Keep the C6 if you don't like the C7. A cool looking Vette also and with the 427/505 you won't have to take a back seat to most competition at least till the C7 Z06 comes out.

Huskerman
01-24-13, 12:20 PM
When is the Kansas City show...? Is the car supposed to be there at it? I would like to come down and see it. thanks Marcus

dcsteg
01-24-13, 01:47 PM
When is the Kansas City show...? Is the car supposed to be there at it? I would like to come down and see it. thanks Marcus

Marcus, You bet it will be there.

Greater Kansas City International Auto Show (http://www.kansascityautoshow.com/)

Toms007
01-26-13, 10:02 PM
I may have to make it back up for that weekend. Bartle Hall is a cool place for a car show.

DavidWP
01-31-13, 03:39 PM
I really saw it Jan 17 in Detroit and I really like it in person better than any pix (and I'm an old guy). See me smile:

The taillights are one of my favorite parts:

Mac
03-04-13, 09:31 AM
To summarize the results of the poll, more than double the number of people who voted loved the design than hated it. Even in the less polarized opinions, the positive strongly outweighed the negative... and this among a group of folks who have a propensity to be conservative when it comes to all things Corvette.

Let's hope the sales number, both domestically and world-wide, reflect this broad approval. GM would use a home run hit!!

-Mac

67vet
03-04-13, 10:13 PM
Thanks for setting up the poll. :w

I really like the photos of the convertible from the Geneva show.

Mac
03-04-13, 11:30 PM
Thanks for setting up the poll. :w

I really like the photos of the convertible from the Geneva show.
I am glad to help! :)

-Mac

ltmax
03-05-13, 01:03 AM
Most loved or liked, but a lot didn't like or "what were they thinking" hated. The two mid options were basically the same - liked some, didn't like other elements. This local, brief poll shows a real split impression of the new car.
Some personal observations:
The Chevy guys stated they really wanted to break away with the new Vette and I can understand that. This result though was a little too much. This car positively SCREAMS ATTACK!!! Is that truly necessary?
The overall proportion is still there, nice. I'm not into the doorstop/wedge shape, but this thing is built to attack so it has to cleave wind pretty good. o.k. I did not think that they would replace the "bubble-hatch" back with side-glass design but they did and I'm good with it, looks pretty slick actually.
But then we get into design elements. This car is clearly overdone, with more lines and creases than Kieth Richards.
1. Get rid of the frown front facia! Do something with that, it won't take much to make it look good again. Mid-years 'evil grin' would look good but can't just carbon copy it. 2. Front end lines - remove ALL except the three coming off the hoodvent toward the back. That means the three in front of the hoodvent and onto the facia, and both two additional and unnecessary side lines beside the hoodvent. Clean this up! 3. Front fenders - simple: remove them, start over. Whatever fender vent design that would replace it, along with anything else attempted in this recovery would have to meet-up with what's there now at the front of the doors. 4. Tail lights. Unreal that they used all-inclusive inserts instead of each light with it's own area, like the c6. Well, replace the black "drag queen dripping mascara" (as described previously) frames with those in body color! Include the vents in body color - we're trying to make them disappear... Then, clip off the upper-outer edges of each tail light. CAREFULLY and with GREAT PRECISION, reassemble back into the facia. The lights would have a non-symetrically hexagonal shape but look like they belong, the rest would hopefully blend in with the bodycolor and the juvenile fantasy image would be eliminated. This is about the least expensive recovery I can think of for the lights.

Ah yes... did I read that the ragtop will have yet more lines behind the cab?...

I'll continue this as guys respond here and, hopefully, whiffs of resolution will waft their way to GM and the standard production car will appear more credible worldwide, as intended.

Thanks for your patience... :beer

LT4CE
03-05-13, 03:30 PM
This car positively SCREAMS ATTACK!!! Is that truly necessary?

It's relatively peaceful looking, imo. ;)

Compare it to the new Lamborghini Veneno.

Of course, the Lambo is just a tad out of most people's price range.

PHOTOS: Lamborghini's New $3.9 Million Veneno Supercar | TIME.com (http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/05/photos-lamborghinis-new-3-9-million-veneno-supercar/)

Toms007
03-05-13, 03:37 PM

PHOTOS: Lamborghini's New $3.9 Million Veneno Supercar | TIME.com (http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/03/05/photos-lamborghinis-new-3-9-million-veneno-supercar/)

I don't like it, the taillights look too much like a Camaro......;LOL

Mac
03-05-13, 03:41 PM
As the Brits would say "That Lambo looks absolutely bonkers. It's brilliant!!" (feel free to insert cheesy accent) :thumb

-Mac

ltmax
03-05-13, 08:29 PM

Dude, that is exactly why I HATE Lamborghinis! I've seen better looking beercans after I've stepped on them and missed crushing them down evenly! Lambos are so deserving of humiliating smackdowns at the hands of Z06's and ZR's, always enjoyable to watch online, week after week...

Cheers >>>

Evolution1980
03-05-13, 09:24 PM
This car positively SCREAMS ATTACK!!! Is that truly necessary? For the people that like it, then truly "yes". For everyone else, there's 60 others years of vettes to choose from.

This car is clearly overdone, with more lines and creases than Kieth Richards.
1. Get rid of the frown front facia! Do something with that, it won't take much to make it look good again. Mid-years 'evil grin' would look good but can't just carbon copy it. 2. Front end lines - remove ALL except the three coming off the hoodvent toward the back. That means the three in front of the hoodvent and onto the facia, and both two additional and unnecessary side lines beside the hoodvent. Clean this up! 3. Front fenders - simple: remove them, start over. Whatever fender vent design that would replace it, along with anything else attempted in this recovery would have to meet-up with what's there now at the front of the doors.
....Thanks for your patience... :beer
As I read it, every single one of those lines, creases, inlets, outlets, etc is 100% intentional to the absolute highest function of the car. Might I recommend reading Rob's interview with the engineering staff. It's very interesting and I believe will explain directly or otherwise why everything is as it is. You will hopefully come away understanding that you wanting to change or remove anything not aesthetically pleasing to your eye would be overall detrimental to the current car. All the items you mention aren't there "because that would look really cool!" It's simply a bonus if it does.

Corvette Action Center | Research Center | C7 Corvette | 2014 Corvette Center | Something Wicked This Way Comes: the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray is Unveiled: Page 4 of 11 (http://corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c7-corvette/2014-c7-corvette/2014-c7-corvette-review-page4.html)

Now, not to say that just because it's functional means it has to be pleasing to the eye. But in this case, "Function over fashion" which is one of the items the Corvette needs to stay relevant to anyone under the age of 50.

ltmax
03-06-13, 01:14 AM
For the people that like it, then truly "yes". For everyone else, there's 60 others years of vettes to choose from.

As I read it, every single one of those lines, creases, inlets, outlets, etc is 100% intentional to the absolute highest function of the car. Might I recommend reading Rob's interview with the engineering staff. It's very interesting and I believe will explain directly or otherwise why everything is as it is. You will hopefully come away understanding that you wanting to change or remove anything not aesthetically pleasing to your eye would be overall detrimental to the current car. All the items you mention aren't there "because that would look really cool!" It's simply a bonus if it does.

Corvette Action Center | Research Center | C7 Corvette | 2014 Corvette Center | Something Wicked This Way Comes:* the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray is Unveiled: Page 4 of 11 (http://corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c7-corvette/2014-c7-corvette/2014-c7-corvette-review-page4.html)

Now, not to say that just because it's functional means it has to be pleasing to the eye. But in this case, "Function over fashion" which is one of the items the Corvette needs to stay relevant to anyone under the age of 50.

I don't think the clean-up I suggested would keep the car from doing a 7 minute Nordschleife lap time. I read the multiple reviews and statements, official and otherwise. I did not mention the vents behind the doors among other items and since they're functional, they're fine, but all the lines and the gashes in the fenders? I'm sure the car will go on as is but certain that the tail lights will "embrace change"...

Looking for specs now!!!

Simbadb
06-04-13, 01:54 PM
Certainly improvements to the interior but the styling looks borrowed and unrefined. Start with making all the vents Body-Colored but I just don't like the rear. I bet they do a make over within 4 model years.

catbert
06-04-13, 02:03 PM
Certainly improvements to the interior but the styling looks borrowed and unrefined. Start with making all the vents Body-Colored but I just don't like the rear. I bet they do a make over within 4 model years.

I agree - on the body color vents only. I can't see borrowed styling elements, but we all see different things. Body colored vents would make them less prominent, which would be a good thing.

pairofjacks1
06-04-13, 05:39 PM
I know many people here have already seen the C-7 up close and personal. I have not, so any opinion I have is based on pictures, film clips and whatever subliminal stuff I have been fed by the media and The General. That said, I think this car is going to blow away most people when they see it on the road. Don't forget, there are going to be countless variations in colors and options, to say nothing of "The Aftermarket" (MidAmerica, Corvette Central, Zip, Ecklers, etc.) And, if some styling (and the conversation has been overwhelmingly about styling) or functional element looks derivative or borrowed, I think you have to give a nod to automotive evolution. Saying the Corvette looks like a Ferrari is a bad thing "how"? If you think Ferraris are ugly, I don't think there's much to discuss here. Try looking at the window sticker instead. Or the more relevant numbers, like 0 to 60. With LeMans only a few weeks away, keep an eye on what the C-6.R does with the competition and then factor in the next generation.
I drive a C-5, and I love it. But I don't hear much about generational bias. Sometimes it sounds like a new generation makes some people feel challenged, and they react by defensively rejecting it. I don't think that's warranted or fair. The only other options call for making the same car indefinitely - which only seems to work for Cobras - or ending production altogether. All I'm saying is, let's just actually see this car blow by us at highway speeds and then form an opinion.