PDA

View Full Version : Automatic shifting question

plasboy
12-15-12, 12:06 AM
I read somewhere that the bands in an automatic on a C6 would wear excessively if you did full throttle starts from a dead stop. Hib or anyone know about this?

gmjunkie
12-15-12, 06:55 AM
I read somewhere that the bands in an automatic on a C6 would wear excessively if you did full throttle starts from a dead stop. Hib or anyone know about this?

LoL Dude,Common sense will tell you that constant WOT take off's all the time will excessively ware everything from the water pump back on any vehicle,Not just the bands in the transmission!~!!:thumb

PS. Most the problems I've been encountering on C6's are Electrical....grounds,connections,batterys and modules.:thumb

No Transmission problems yet,and some of the guys cars I work on don't cut them any slack either!~!!
:lou

:beer

plasboy
12-15-12, 08:53 AM
LoL Dude,Common sense will tell you that constant WOT take off's all the time will excessively ware everything from the water pump back on any vehicle,Not just the bands in the transmission!~!!:thumb

PS. Most the problems I've been encountering on C6's are Electrical....grounds,connections,batterys and modules.:thumb

No Transmission problems yet,and some of the guys cars I work on don't cut them any slack either!~!!
:lou

:beer
Yes I am fully aware that heavy use equals heavy wear but the way this article read was that it was extremely accelerated.