PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a New Grand Sport

AlHewitt
03-27-10, 02:02 PM
Talking to a dealer today about ordering a 2010 GS. He is quoting me 20 weeks lead time after I place the order! Today is March 27th and that means delivery would be August 13th. Help me understand this; doesn't Bowling Green shut down about June to retool for the new models? Is this guy blowing smoke or is Corvette really running at 20 weeks?
Thanks...Al

njlouc
03-28-10, 09:45 AM
That makes sense when you have union government employees building cars.

vett boy
03-28-10, 09:57 AM
I'd check with MacMulkin They are a forum dealer.Ask for museum delivery or drop ship .I think you'll find 'em straight up both on price and delivery.

lt1george
03-28-10, 10:11 AM
That makes sense when you have union government employees building cars.

Since when do the union employees at Bowling Green have any say on plant scheldules ? Management and GM management alone make the rules for weekly building of Corvettes. Stop pointing the finger at the workers at GM plants for GM and all there mismanagement problems.

njlouc
03-28-10, 07:38 PM
Since when do the union employees at Bowling Green have any say on plant scheldules ? Management and GM management alone make the rules for weekly building of Corvettes. Stop pointing the finger at the workers at GM plants for GM and all there mismanagement problems.

:wManagement is government too!!!:boogie
The worker is caught in a squeeze play!
IMHO - seems to me that the govt is doing its best to kill off any "luxury" US brands. What they want is a non polluting mini car. Albeit at a high price.
I certainly have not seen a Corvette ad in years.
Once they said it was because they sold every one produced, now what's the excuse?? Of course it's cost savings.

AlHewitt
04-04-10, 08:11 PM
I apologies for the spelling of ordering... My fat fingers!

Yesterday I ordered a 2010 Grand Sport after much deliberation with my self. Justifying a new Corvette in these economics times... some would question my judgment - but when it comes to Corvettes I can justify just about anything. The wife is another story. I did not tell her about my madness until today and as the dealer says it is 9 to 12 weeks before delivery can be expected, I have some time to make her happy. Unfortunately a new kitchen is in her sights so it is looking as the new Vette will be the financially easy compared to the up-coming remodel.

I have not driven a GS with the LS3 engine; I have only seen the videos and read the article in magazines. At 436HP this will be more HP than anything I have owned - only my 94 ZR1 at 405HP that I just sold is close to the 2010 base engine. I also have a 96 CE LT4 Z51 coupe that I have considered selling but after the disappointing offers at something in the neighborhood of 1/3 the original selling price I have decided to keep it. Truth is I need a driver and the LT4 is my first choice with its stellar torque and great drivability characteristics. The LT5 in the ZR1 is a monster with RPM capability into the 7000 range. Select the go-fast switch (dual injection key) and hang on above 3500 RPMs. The LT4 is another story. The push-rod motor is a high torque engine with superb drivability. The best I have ever experienced and hopefully the LS3 in the GS will measure up the LT4s standards. With 436 HP at 6000+RPM one would hope not to be disappointed.

I'll report as to what I like and do not like about the C6. I know I'll miss the wonderful hood as found on the C4's. I know I will not miss the frame rail I climb over when entering or departing the C4. For now Iím keeping the LT4Ö Al

Reply w/ Quote (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1022240) |

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/images/buttons/reply.gif (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1022240)

korvettekarl
04-05-10, 01:55 PM
Al, I don't think you will be disappointed. Just getting in and out will be worth the price of admission. I know all too well. I still have my 1990 ZR1. I had to drive it for a month recently when my 07 Z06 was damaged by a lady in a Toyota. I do miss the 70 ponies that the Z06 had over my Grand Sport. I will rectify that as soon as my savings account recovers from trading the Z06.

AlHewitt
04-07-10, 09:08 PM
Al, I don't think you will be disappointed. Just getting in and out will be worth the price of admission. I know all too well. I still have my 1990 ZR1. I had to drive it for a month recently when my 07 Z06 was damaged by a lady in a Toyota. I do miss the 70 ponies that the Z06 had over my Grand Sport. I will rectify that as soon as my savings account recovers from trading the Z06.

Getting more HP out of the LS3, what would you do? Exhaust, intake, cam??? The machine has 376 cubes with a trick crank and hand built so I don't think touching the lower end is in my cards. Forced induction is of interest as a friend has an LS2 with twin turbos and it does something llike 520 RWHP. If forced industion is an option I believe I would perfer a supercharger over the turbo. Just me... I think I'll drive it a while and see where it leads me... Stay tuned... Al

korvettekarl
04-08-10, 07:29 AM
I've been considering a supercharger. Twin turbos are my second option. there is a setup I saw on Gearz that looks pretty trick. All the plumbing goes throuh the rockers and the turbos are mounted in place of the mufflers.

6 Shooter
04-08-10, 07:55 AM
:w

http://i46.tinypic.com/9jm0e8.jpg (http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/corvette-1990-2010/c6-ls3-2008-2010)

:lou

6 Shooter
04-08-10, 11:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/cyal8tr/1996TRZ516-SpdLT4ndaSmokyMountains.jpg

AlHewitt
04-08-10, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=6 Shooter;1023000]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/cyal8tr/1996TRZ516-SpdLT4ndaSmokyMountains.jpg

Beautiful 96 LT4, I like the badges very nice touch. I had Red one just like this and it ruined me. After experiencing the LT4 engine my ZR1 was a disappointment - until 3000+ RPM...
The weather is starting to get better here in Seattle and today I saw a C5 on the road. It was black and as I approached it from behind I rolled down the passenger window, the sound of the engine could be heard... Music. Some old guy driving it - you know gray beard, like me and probably most of us - I guess.
Let's start something here. I'll tell you what I like about Corvettes, as if you need to know this. Maybe someone else will weigh in with what they like about these cars. I'll bet there are 50 guys out there lurking who have an opinion about Corvettes, let's hear what rings your bell guys, just a one liner, no ones is judging these responses just collecting input as what make these the cars that we love...
Here is mine;
Look at the back of your C4 or for that matter any Vette. See the 4 individual tail lights; they are recessed into the body. Now look at all of the roller-skates on the road. They all have wrap-a-round tail lights so they can be seen from the sides. The Corvette has individual side lights for position marking and not for signaling. What a distinguishing difference. C4's have rectangular tail lights, C5 have oval and the C6s are round. Looking at Corvette tail lights is like looking at girlís rear ends, all of us do it...
Cheers.
Al

NORTY
04-09-10, 10:16 AM
Al~

Regarding the differences between the C4s you have and your upcoming C6, here it is in one word: REFINEMENT.
You will soon discover just how "unrefined" the C4 is when compared to the C6.
Don't bother comparing the LS2 vs. LS3 as they have completely different head flow characteristics.
The LS 2 heads have "church" shaped ports. They can be cleaned up but they still won't flow anything like the stock LS3 rectangular shaped ports.
This is the reason why the LS3 REALLY responds to CAI and exhaust flow modifications. The LS3 heads mimic the LS7 heads. This should tell you something.
Wait until you get your car before you think about mods. The car is already going to be significantly faster than anything you've owned previously. It won't seem faster because of it's refinement and balance, but it is.
Another thing: If your dealership is saying you can't get a car built before August, then it's a 2011MY car.(BTW Al, they're lying.) Are you taking option R8C? I'm seeing GS cars for $5-$7000 off MSRP, BTW.

I always wanted to take the tour myself.:thumb

AlHewitt
04-09-10, 10:39 AM
Well I’m really pumped about this. Thanks for the info on the LS3 heads. I know this engine is special and I’ll have to drive it to see it. The dealer is quoting 9 to 12 weeks delivery after I pushed the issue. That puts delivery in mid June. I wanted the museum delivery option but my schedule will not allow it, it’s a bitch when you are still working…
I’m at about $2000 under invoice with incentives (USAA). That is the area you are talking about. I doubt it that Chev is going to offer anything more in the coming weeks. I could be wrong.
Cheers
Al

yenkoguy
04-09-10, 03:24 PM
Believe it or not.........Dadeland Chevrolet in Miami had 10 [yes 10] GS's in stock when I went by to look last Sunday....including a yellow one and a white convertible. They were all marked down at least $2000 from sticker with a yellow tag on the dash. They had more than 20 new Corvette cars in stock there ZR1, Z06, GS, and base........no waiting. BTW, I have no affiliation with them, I just live near there.

BTW, all those GS's and Z06's sure made the base cars look lame !! They had a base red car there without one option.....as low as you could get $49080 I believe... shipping in.

AlHewitt
05-08-10, 11:29 PM
I was just notified that my 2010 GS was built and shipped on 5/4/2010. I ordered it on 4/2/2010 that is 4 weeks and 4 days ARO. With a projected delivery date of 5/17/2010 that is 6 weeks and a couple of days - ARO. I wanted to do the museum delivery but my work schedule won't allow that to happen. I've beat on the dealer to contact my when the delivery truck is inbound so that I can be there to see it arrive. I know I'm anal but I don't want their shop guys driving it around town - on a date! The dealer tells me they have to do an acceptance ride - 2 miles - and top off all fluids. So it is on a train some where headed west toward me here in Seattle... Al

NORTY
05-10-10, 10:35 AM
I have not driven a GS with the LS3 engine; I have only seen the videos and read the article in magazines. At 436HP this will be more HP than anything I have owned - only my 94 ZR1 at 405HP that I just sold is close to the 2010 base engine. I also have a 96 CE LT4 Z51 coupe that I have considered selling but after the disappointing offers at something in the neighborhood of 1/3 the original selling price I have decided to keep it. Truth is I need a driver and the LT4 is my first choice with its stellar torque and great drivability characteristics. The LT5 in the ZR1 is a monster with RPM capability into the 7000 range. Select the go-fast switch (dual injection key) and hang on above 3500 RPMs. The LT4 is another story. The push-rod motor is a high torque engine with superb drivability. The best I have ever experienced and hopefully the LS3 in the GS will measure up the LT4s standards. With 436 HP at 6000+RPM one would hope not to be disappointed. You won't be dissapointed with the LS3! You'll find it has better torque AND drivability than any of the engines you have listed. There are 2 engines that beat the LS3. They are the LS7 & LS9. That's it!

Also, since the LS3 is so refined, it seems slower than your LT4 & 5. Believe me, they aren't!

I'll report as to what I like and do not like about the C6. I know I'll miss the wonderful hood as found on the C4's. I know I will not miss the frame rail I climb over when entering or departing the C4. For now Iím keeping the LT4Ö Al You'll notice how much shorter the C6 is in comparison to the C4. Since you are getting a "widebody," it's wider than a C4 however.
Which trans did you order?

Reply w/ Quote (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1022240) |

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/images/buttons/reply.gif (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1022240)

[/QUOTE]

NORTY
05-10-10, 10:42 AM
I was just notified that my 2010 GS was built and shipped on 5/4/2010. I ordered it on 4/2/2010 that is 4 weeks and 4 days ARO. With a projected delivery date of 5/17/2010 that is 6 weeks and a couple of days - ARO. I wanted to do the museum delivery but my work schedule won't allow that to happen. I've beat on the dealer to contact my when the delivery truck is inbound so that I can be there to see it arrive. I know I'm anal but I don't want their shop guys driving it around town - on a date! The dealer tells me they have to do an acceptance ride - 2 miles - and top off all fluids. So it is on a train some where headed west toward Seattle... Al, you car will not be on any train. Bowling Green has been using Allied Auto-Transport since the C5 days. Unfortunately, Allied will not tell anyone when or where their car is currently (for TSA security purposes.) It'll look like this~
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/NORTY01/CARS/ROADTRIP2008001.jpg

leftyvette
05-10-10, 10:28 PM
Looks like a shipment going to a Hertz car rental store!! ;shrug

AlHewitt
05-10-10, 10:37 PM

I'm sorry if anybody likes the automatics but to me a Corvette without a clutch is like a marriage withouut sex, why go there? I have the 6 speed manual coming. Also it has both tops, indoor cover, nav package, dual mode exhaust, 3LT interior, light silve paint with a white GS stripe... I did not order the chrome wheels as I thought the painted silver color of the standard wheels looks good - time will tell. Both wheels are nice but the chrome wheels were another $2K.
My 96 Collector's Edition is silver also - so now I'll have two silver Vettes. I'm in the middle of building a new garage with a hoist here at home to keep them in.

(http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1022240)

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Edmond
05-10-10, 10:57 PM
I agree that a clutch pedal is needed with a manual transmission.:L

I'm thinking about Z06 or ZR-1 when I make Captain. :D

NORTY
05-11-10, 11:33 AM
Looks like a shipment going to a Hertz car rental store!! ;shrugYup, they were headed W/B while I was headed E/B on the 40...

NORTY
05-11-10, 11:41 AM
light silve paint with a white GS stripe... Blade silver is what it's called. With white GS stripes, it's going to be BRIGHT! Did you get the "Heretage package?"
Post a pic when you get it.

Also, you might want to remove fuse #10. It is located on the very bottom row in the right column. (This fuse box is located in the passenger's foot well, just pull the carpet back from the fire wall and you'll see.) This will leave your NPP flaps in the open position. Everyone tries it so you might as well too! Easy to reinstall after to hear your exhaust system for the first time.

korvettekarl
05-11-10, 02:07 PM
I have pulled my fuse and left it out. Cheaper than the "Mild to Wild" accessory. I had bought that for the Z06 and always left it in the open position anyway. It sounds great in my humble opinion. The GS has a lot more popping than the Z06 had on deceleration.

catbert
05-11-10, 02:34 PM
Talking to a dealer today about ordering a 2010 GS. He is quoting me 20 weeks lead time after I place the order! Today is March 27th and that means delivery would be August 13th. Help me understand this; doesn't Bowling Green shut down about June to retool for the new models? Is this guy blowing smoke or is Corvette really running at 20 weeks?
Thanks...Al

Sounds like he doesn't have an allocation. The country is awash in Vettes, including the GS. Go get one!!!!! :Steer

njlouc
05-11-10, 03:20 PM
:wLet your mouse find one.
Most dealers dont want to "share" vettes, so you have to find your own.
You will have to do some driving but that's the name of the game.:pat

BTW good luck and enjoy your new ride.:beer

dbaumis
05-11-10, 05:51 PM
Hubbard Chevrolete in Monticello, Indiana has at least 5 sitting on his lot as we speak all are marked down to the $54,000 range!!! You can do a search on google for his website.

:thumb

Thanks...Al

dbaumis
05-11-10, 05:52 PM
When are you eligible for CPT?

I agree that a clutch pedal is needed with a manual transmission.:L

I'm thinking about Z06 or ZR-1 when I make Captain. :D

AlHewitt
05-11-10, 07:42 PM
Blade silver is what it's called. With white GS stripes, it's going to be BRIGHT! Did you get the "Heretage package?"
Post a pic when you get it.

Also, you might want to remove fuse #10. It is located on the very bottom row in the right column. (This fuse box is located in the passenger's foot well, just pull the carpet back from the fire wall and you'll see.) This will leave your NPP flaps in the open position. Everyone tries it so you might as well too! Easy to reinstall after to hear your exhaust system for the first time.

Yes that's right is is called Blade Silver, thanks. And yes I checked option Z15 the GS Heritage Package. It includes the GS Stripe - 4 color choices available - two tone leather seats and embroidery head restraints.
It is still scheduled to be here on the 17th, 6 days from now. I stopped at the dealer today to see if there was any tracking info on the trip out here. They are clueless, it shows up when it shows up...
I'll send pictures... Al

I'll remove fuse #10 and see what it sounds like.

AlHewitt
05-12-10, 11:19 PM
The dealer called me today and said the GS had arrived! The build and ship date was 5/4/10 and the arrival date is today 5/12/10. As mentioned above by NORTY it came on a truck from Bowling Green in 6 working days, unbelievable. I told them to call me before they touched and they did, so I went over there and saw it and took some pictures. I'll try and attach some of them. They would not let me take it home as it needs to be 'dealer serviced'. This apparently is checking fluid levels, washing it, cleaning the road dirt and installing the GS stripe.
I did start it and sit in it. The smell of a new car is beyond description, pure sex... I let it run for 15 minutes while I listened to it. On start up the exhaust is loud but the NPP system quickly reduced the noise. Oil pressure was 60 psi on the analog gauge at idle RPM and I let the coolant temps reach 212 degrees. Throttle response seemed slower than my LT4. The LS3 is throttle by wire I believe where the LT4 is direct cable connected and this may have something to do with the quickness of throttle response. The front air dam is removed and in a sack inside the car. My guess is getting it on and off of a truck there is a lack of clearance problem with the dam installed so it is a dealer installed item.
The wide fenders are needed as the tires are wide, very wide. I thought the tires on my 94 ZR1 were wide but these are frankly massive in width. I hope the ride quality is acceptable as wide tires and be problematic.
All in the entire car looks stellar and I will put 600+ miles on it in the next few days. I'll report as to the handling of it soon.
Al

njlouc
05-13-10, 08:56 AM
:w
ENJOY!:beer

NORTY
05-13-10, 12:59 PM
The dealer called me today and said the GS had arrived! The build and ship date was 5/4/10 and the arrival date is today 5/12/10. As mentioned above by NORTY it came on a truck from Bowling Green in 6 working days, unbelievable. I told them to call me before they touched and they did, so I went over there and saw it and took some pictures. I'll try and attach some of them. They would not let me take it home as it needs to be 'dealer serviced'. This apparently is checking fluid levels, washing it, cleaning the road dirt and installing the GS stripe.
I did start it and sit in it. The smell of a new car is beyond description, pure sex... I let it run for 15 minutes while I listened to it. On start up the exhaust is loud but the NPP system quickly reduced the noise. Oil pressure was 60 psi on the analog gauge at idle RPM and I let the coolant temps reach 212 degrees. Throttle response seemed slower than my LT4. The LS3 is throttle by wire I believe where the LT4 is direct cable connected and this may have something to do with the quickness of throttle response. The front air dam is removed and in a sack inside the car. My guess is getting it on and off of a truck there is a lack of clearance problem with the dam installed so it is a dealer installed item.
The wide fenders are needed as the tires are wide, very wide. I thought the tires on my 94 ZR1 were wide but these are frankly massive in width. I hope the ride quality is acceptable as wide tires and be problematic.
All in the entire car looks stellar and I will put 600+ miles on it in the next few days. I'll report as to the handling of it soon.
AlDon't forget to pull the exhaust flap fuse. (Of course, you'll discover DRONE, but ya gotta at least try it.)
You're right about throttle response, all the C6's are quite lazy with this. It can be helped slightly with tuning, but don't bother destroying your warranty just yet.

About the LS3~
It is a super efficient platform.
The heads flow really well for a stock set up.
The LS3 uses heads that are similar to the LS7. The ports are rectangular and flow well.
This engine REALLY wakes up when it's allowed to breathe. A lot more than other engines of similar size.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions after your 600 mile jaunt.:thumb

Z06Man
05-13-10, 03:52 PM
Al

Congrats and enjoy. Can't wait to hear your impressions and pix. I know what you mean about the tires. :cool

Make sure to :w

korvettekarl
05-14-10, 09:22 AM
I think you are going to love the ride quality. My GS is a LOT better than my 90 ZR1 and a little better than the 07 Z06. Congrats.

AlHewitt
05-15-10, 07:14 AM
I have 70 miles on it and we're headed to the wine country this morning. It is I-90 from Seattle via Snoqualmie Pass to Yakima and further east, 200+ miles each way. My initial thoughts are the GS is quick, as in responsive. Unlike the big tires on the ZR1 that would grab the ruts in the road with the GS I am much more in control and it knows where the road is and follows it. No following the ruts, just point it and it goes there. Under 4,000 rpm it behaves a lot like an LT4, the break-in procedure on the LS3 calls for fewer than 4,000 RPM for the first 500 miles or no and I have yet to see anything over that. I have put the hammer down and it pulls hard but I've limited it to 4,000 RPM. The exhaust opens up and starts to talk to you at 2,500 RPM, I have not remove the fuse for continues noise yet. I brought it home, washed, dried it and put the cover on it in the garage. I'm pinching my self to be certain I'm alive... I took some pictures and have them up on my computer but have yet to determine how to get them on this site. I flew combat missions while in the military over Vietnam but dealing with computers is frankly above my pay grade... Al

Remo
05-15-10, 07:52 AM
:wManagement is government too!!!:boogie
The worker is caught in a squeeze play!
IMHO - seems to me that the govt is doing its best to kill off any "luxury" US brands. What they want is a non polluting mini car. Albeit at a high price.
I certainly have not seen a Corvette ad in years.
Once they said it was because they sold every one produced, now what's the excuse?? Of course it's cost savings.

Unbelievable on so many levels.
Remo:cool

Edmond
05-15-10, 09:59 AM
Why even compare the C6 to the C4. This isn't a knock on C4's, I had one but the jump from C4 to C5 was enormous. That was a revolutionary jump and the C6 is an even further jump from the C4. I know you may have some sentimental value in that old LT4 but how can it compete on any level with your new GS?

Above your pay grade? I think 6 Shooter can help you with that one, he might have worn a bar and he's great at posting pictures. ;LOL

I might take a look at a GS today, guy from a dealership keeps calling me. Even though it's an easy answer for us, I asked him what trim package and he actually knew. Most have the ;shrug on their face.

Z06Man
05-15-10, 10:01 AM
I have 70 miles on it and we're headed to the wine country this morning. It is I-90 from Seattle via Snoqualmie Pass to Yakima and further east, 200+ miles each way. My initial thoughts are the GS is quick, as in responsive. Unlike the big tires on the ZR1 that would grab the ruts in the road with the GS I am much more in control and it knows where the road is and follows it. No following the ruts, just point it and it goes there. Under 4,000 rpm it behaves a lot like an LT4, the break-in procedure on the LS3 calls for fewer than 4,000 RPM for the first 500 miles or no and I have yet to see anything over that. I have put the hammer down and it pulls hard but I've limited it to 4,000 RPM. The exhaust opens up and starts to talk to you at 2,500 RPM, I have not remove the fuse for continues noise yet. I brought it home, washed, dried it and put the cover on it in the garage. I'm pinching my self to be certain I'm alive... I took some pictures and have them up on my computer but have yet to determine how to get them on this site. I flew combat missions while in the military over Vietnam but dealing with computers is frankly above my pay grade... Al

Sounds like you and the new girl are getting well acquainted. Brings back memories of my first few drives. Drive it like you stole it and...

Remember the :w

catbert
05-15-10, 10:05 AM
Unbelievable on so many levels.
Remo:cool

When an issue is hard to understand or it just is too difficult to express in one syllable words - blame the "government.":upthumbs

DDLS3
05-16-10, 12:16 PM

I'm sorry if anybody likes the automatics but to me a Corvette without a clutch is like a marriage withouut sex, why go there? I have the 6 speed manual coming. Also it has both tops, indoor cover, nav package, dual mode exhaust, 3LT interior, light silve paint with a white GS stripe... I did not order the chrome wheels as I thought the painted silver color of the standard wheels looks good - time will tell. Both wheels are nice but the chrome wheels were another $2K.
My 96 Collector's Edition is silver also - so now I'll have two silver Vettes. I'm in the middle of building a new garage with a hoist here at home to keep them in.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I agree with your anaylgy on the transmission :L You will truly enjoy the GS. I have an 08 Z51, 3lt. The LS3 is a screamer especially with the NPP, the chrome wheels really finish it off. I'm in Bowling Green everyday, love driving em, and enjoy seeing them out and about everday of the year.

C6 CRZN
05-16-10, 08:46 PM
[/QUOTE]

I agree with your anaylgy on the transmission :L You will truly enjoy the GS. I have an 08 Z51, 3lt. The LS3 is a screamer especially with the NPP, the chrome wheels really finish it off. I'm in Bowling Green everyday, love driving em, and enjoy seeing them out and about everday of the year.[/QUOTE]

Dale be nice to us poor folk that have a paddle shift. It is a lot of work shifting gears. ;LOL

DDLS3
05-16-10, 09:07 PM
[/QUOTE]

Dale be nice to us poor folk that have a paddle shift. It is a lot of work shifting gears. ;LOL[/QUOTE]

:boogieWell ok......maybe I'll swap for a paddle shift....when I get "OLD" :boogie

Hope ta see ya again sometime Mike meanwhile :Steerenjoy life is "good"

AlHewitt
08-27-10, 08:01 PM
About the LS3~
It is a super efficient platform.
The heads flow really well for a stock set up.
The LS3 uses heads that are similar to the LS7. The ports are rectangular and flow well.
This engine REALLY wakes up when it's allowed to breathe. A lot more than other engines of similar size.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions after your 600 mile jaunt.:thumb

OK, I have 2000 miles on it and it is a wonderful car, I like it a lot and so does everyone who has seen it. I took it to a high school reunion and it was the belle of the ball.
I live in Seattle and took it on a road trip to B.C. Canada, some 150 miles to the north. Were on a super 6 lane highway minding my own business with the wife in the car and the top off when this 500HP Mustang GT I believe comes and wants to play. At first I ignored him but after a few minutes of listening to him shift up and down teasing me I could stand it no longer. At about 70 MPH I went to 3rd gear and looked over at him. I guess he could hear the revs up in the GS and I saw him jumped on it so I did too. I shifted at 6000 RPMs from 3rd and 4th and at about 140 MPH I looked around for him. It wasn't much of a contest as the Mustang was 3 or 4 car lengths back when I quit. I realize that this proves nothing other than appease my ego, but what a great ride.
I thought all of you would enjoy hearing this... Cheers Al