PDA

View Full Version : Z06 knock-off fenders

C6BlackVette
01-01-10, 03:50 PM
Where is a good place to get Z06 knock-off fenders that will go on a C6 (2005) convertible?
I know people who have done this but their big complaint is they didn't fit quite right so the body shop had a hard time making them fit and had to make some changes.
And of course I'm looking for best bang for the buck. Thanks

Hib Halverson
01-01-10, 04:17 PM
When you say you're looking for the best bang for the buck, that sometimes means the least costly part.

My guess is that, in the case of "Z06 knock-off" fenders, you're going to have to shop very carefully to find parts that are good quality and fit right yet are also low cost.

What I've seen so far in fake Z06 fenders--there's a guy in my club who put them on a C6 convertible--are exactly what you say above: problems with fit. That said, a good body shop should be able to work with most fit problems but...that makes the bodywork more costly.

xeurotrashowner
01-12-10, 09:38 PM
check with gm. i'm pretty sure they offer a gs kit (front & rear fenders) unless you don't want the front gills. i also remember someone advertising this kit installed with paint @ about 8k good luck

nd4spd
02-04-10, 02:47 PM
Like the above post, the rear GS fenders are your best bet for the vert. For fronts there are several options. I used Caravaggio fronts but they took quite a bit of work to fit them. Be careful going for "cheap". Some of the fenders out there don't even have teh mounting holes or cove sut outs in them.:ugh