PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

The Gu
06-26-09, 09:54 AM
Hi.
I am a new member here, and just want to say hello :D

My name is Dennis, and I am anxiously awaiting the 2010 Corvette I have ordered. Looks like the wait might be longer than I originally hoped, what with so many weeks taken out of production in July and August. :ohnoes

I live in Ontario, Canada, and am a retired Michelin worker, who decided to take the leap, and fulfill a life long dream of owning a Corvette.

Just curious.....
Does anyone know how an ORDERED car would fit into the production flow, in relation to the cars beign produced for general dealer inventory ?

The Gu

Rob
06-26-09, 09:58 AM
Dennis,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. :w

XLR8
06-26-09, 10:05 AM
Hi Dennis! Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Sorry I can't answer your question regarding production, but I can relate to your anxiety waiting for your new Corvette! I purchased my C5 from a dealer online and had to wait patiently for several days while delivery could be arranged, postponed and re-arranged. :ohnoes
Hope you get good news very soon!
:wJane Ann

jrose7004
06-26-09, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the CAC Dennis!:w

The Gu
06-26-09, 03:00 PM
Nice to be welcomed with open arms, but I must confess, I was a little reluctant to join a Club that would have me as a member :chuckle:boogie

Just kidding.................

Glad to be here.
Glad to be welcomed.

The Gu :cool

hoosierdaddy
06-27-09, 10:41 AM
Welcome Dennis, glad you could join us :beer I bet days seem like years waiting on your 2010;shrug

Bill :w

vett boy
06-27-09, 10:53 AM
Welcome.To answer your question on production I can only tell you how it use to be and I assume it hasn't changed.Colors are grouped ,example silver will do a run than possibly red etc. Ordered cars do get some priority over dealer std dealer allotment.It's also identified on the line as a sold car.Having been a guest worker at BG back in 03 I can tell you that the line workers will take real good care of your car ,they really care .

hoosierdaddy
06-27-09, 11:16 AM
I have visited the plant at Bowling Green and I too can attest that the workers on the line are excellant and take a lot of pride in building the "All American Sports Car" the Corvette! One of the highlights of my life was touring this plant and plan on doing it again one of these days. I do remember colors being grouped; nothing like watching a line of Corvettes being borne; just awesome!

Bill

ARKvette02
06-27-09, 11:26 AM
Welcome Dennis,
If this forum accepted me, they will accept anyone!!! LOL. People here are like family!!
:beer!!

killain
06-27-09, 12:44 PM
Hi Dennis,

You are most welcome to be here with us. I would think that just waiting for you 1st Corvette would be tough to handle, but in coming years you'll remember the experience with great memories. I still remember the first time I slid into the drivers seat of my 2003 50th AE coupe.:cool

82ColEd
06-29-09, 04:59 AM
Welcome to the CAC!!

:w
-Stefan

67vet
06-30-09, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the forum Dennis. :w What options did you order on your new 2010 Corvette?

jhecox
06-30-09, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the CAC Dennis the GU. :w

Hecox

The Gu
06-30-09, 01:40 PM
67Vet :
The only extra was an automatic transmission, and the extra charge for the velocity YELLOW paint.
Now, please everyone, have a little understanding for the AUTO option. I am sure all the Corvette purists will cringe a little, but I am sure I will still enjoy the car as it is :thumb

Didn't need, or want any of the options available in the 1SB package, that I can't add on an individual, after sale basis.

Dennis :cool

PS - Being from the GREAT WHITE NORTH, a.k.a. Canada, I will be spending a few extra bucks on SNOW TIRES !!!! Do you think I should get them front and back ??? :chuckle

bill81vette
07-06-09, 02:15 AM
welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!!:welcome

Rockey
07-15-09, 01:23 AM
A Vette in the Snow?????.......NO No No!!!!

The Gu
07-15-09, 06:00 AM
Just kidding ;) :chuckle
It will never see the snow, maybe not even the rain !
Just wanted to see who was paying attention :thumb

Have a good one !

Dennis

Mac
07-15-09, 05:50 PM
67Vet :
The only extra was an automatic transmission, and the extra charge for the velocity YELLOW paint.
Now, please everyone, have a little understanding for the AUTO option. I am sure all the Corvette purists will cringe a little, but I am sure I will still enjoy the car as it is :thumb

Didn't need, or want any of the options available in the 1SB package, that I can't add on an individual, after sale basis.

Dennis :cool

PS - Being from the GREAT WHITE NORTH, a.k.a. Canada, I will be spending a few extra bucks on SNOW TIRES !!!! Do you think I should get them front and back ??? :chuckle
Always nice to have another Canuck aboard... especially if you're driving a yellow Vette!! I have fond memories of K-W as I lived there in the 80s when I worked for NCR.

-Mac

67vet
07-16-09, 08:25 AM
Studded snow tires. :w Just don't rev those rear tires too much.