PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING Callaway C8 pic!

Brangeta
03-06-08, 05:00 PM
A VERY good friend sent me two scans of the Playboy article with the Old Lyme Green C8, and the composition of the photo was just AMAZING! I ended up spending about two hours Photoshopping the two scans together and cleaning up the images. It was fairly challenging to get the two photos integrated perfectly without any noticeable glitches, but I think I succeeded for the most part! There's just a faint lightening where the binding would be.

What resulted was BY FAR my favorite Callaway C8 picture EVER. :D:D:D

What do you think???
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m149/CallawayC8/playboy-callaway-c8-small.jpg

*89x2*
03-06-08, 05:07 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Ken, this past spring when I dropped off the red SuperCharged 616hp convertible for Playboy to sample :cool

Brangeta
03-06-08, 05:09 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Ken, this past spring when I dropped off the red SuperCharged 616hp convertible for Playboy to sample :cool
I briefly saw the Callaway C16 Playboy article while at, if you can believe this, work! (The company I was working for advertised in Playboy at the time). But I don't remember it having original photography. I believe it had some of the images from Callawaycars.com in the article. Am I remembering wrong?

Perhaps their pictures didn't come out nice, and they used Callaway's instead! I believe it was the orange C16 coupe.

*89x2*
03-06-08, 05:11 PM
Brandon, this was for something else - the C16 brief, was about the same time period, but different :cool

Brangeta
03-06-08, 05:13 PM
Ah, okay.

I just researched the photographer for the green C8 shoot, and apparently he's retired and doesn't have a website. What a shame. I don't know what his "other" photography for Playboy looked like, but this shot of the C8 is top notch!