$projecthp
    Corvette(s)
    2016 C7 ZO7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Meth injection for 2016 ZO7

Has anyone installed Meth injection in their ZO6? If you have is there a significant difference in power?

My car does not overheat but I do notice a significant difference when the outside Temp is below 60. Since I live in California we have very few days where the day temp is in the 50s or lower. My plan was to add meth injection to cool the air prior to it reaching the combustion chamber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

2 words to remember: thermal and shock. Introducing water or a solvent on carbureted engines was easy, and hard (but not impossible)to get it really, really wrong. I think it's going to be a lot more difficult on a closed F.I. system. If you have the skills, try it and let us know how it turns out. I'm sure some drag racers have tried it. Maybe some help there.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)
    2016 C7 ZO7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    2 words to remember: thermal and shock. Introducing water or a solvent on carbureted engines was easy, and hard (but not impossible)to get it really, really wrong. I think it's going to be a lot more difficult on a closed F.I. system. If you have the skills, try it and let us know how it turns out. I'm sure some drag racers have tried it. Maybe some help there.
    Thank you for replying.

Alkycontrol makes a unit for all the C7 vetts. They claim an increase of about 60 HP. It seems like a significant amount but I know very little about meth injection. I like keeping my cars stock. But this ZO7 does lose HP under certain conditions. I am trying to find a shop, in Orange County that has already installed these kits on a Vett. I will do it in the next few weeks and will let you know the results.
    Likes catbert liked this post

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 04 12 19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You might be better off updating your supercharger to the '17-'19 "Big Lid" configuration. There's a pretty significant improvement in charge air cooling with that.

The problems with methanol injection for a high-performance street car are:
    Cost
    Installation work
    Tuning
    Short duration solution, ie: you always have to fill the meth tank and you need a ready supply of methanol.

Methanol injection is a great mod for racing. I'm not sure it's a great solution for long-term street use.
    Thanks Izzy1000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm in the process of installing a Snow system on my 2017 Z06. On a 90* day I went from 133 mph down to 121 after heat soak. 2017s definitely have a problem. And I have an aftermarket heat exchanger. Also run my fan before and during a pass.

I have a couple of friends that installed meth and their MAT came down significantly using even just water. Snow says that you can use the same tune if you run -20* Blue washer fluid.

Depending on how often you go WOT and size nozzle as to how long it lasts. They say about 1 gallon to a tank of fuel. Not too bad at $2.99/g at Tractor Supply.