$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    2010 C6 Grand Sport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default New (to me) Grand Sport

I have had my 2010 Grand Sport for a little over a month now and can't even think of words to describe my pleasure with this car.

It now has 14,700 miles on it and it really is awesomely fast. I ran it at the drag strip a couple weeks after buying it to get some bone stock base line runs. 12.449 @ 116 decent, but not quite as quick yet as my full bolt on 2006 LS2 was, but that won't last long. It had been some years since I ran a manual transmission car at the drag strip, which probably impeded better ETs. Launch was a little difficult, but improved some during the session.

I immediately put a Vararam CAI on it and a Diablo Intune tune on it, so it may be close to the 12.134 117 best I ran in my 06. I don't think I'm going to mod this one to the degree I did my last, but I guess everyone says that.

It's been a while since I posted on CAC, but hope to do better in the future.

Happy holidays to all of you and Merry CHRISTmas
    Current Vette: 2010 Grand Sport...this is my 5th Vette. I have had a1982, 1984, 2002, 2006 and now this 2010. Awesome cars.
    Likes BigJimZ16 liked this post

Corvette(s)
    10 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Congratulations to you!

Corvette(s)
    2013 Triple Black GS, Previous cars: 1971 LT-1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Congrats

Nice car.

New (to me) Grand Sport BigJimZ16's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Vert JS Blue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
    I have had my 2010 Grand Sport for a little over a month now and can't even think of words to describe my pleasure with this car.

It now has 14,700 miles on it and it really is awesomely fast. I ran it at the drag strip a couple weeks after buying it to get some bone stock base line runs. 12.449 @ 116 decent, but not quite as quick yet as my full bolt on 2006 LS2 was, but that won't last long. It had been some years since I ran a manual transmission car at the drag strip, which probably impeded better ETs. Launch was a little difficult, but improved some during the session.

I immediately put a Vararam CAI on it and a Diablo Intune tune on it, so it may be close to the 12.134 117 best I ran in my 06. I don't think I'm going to mod this one to the degree I did my last, but I guess everyone says that.

It's been a while since I posted on CAC, but hope to do better in the future.

Happy holidays to all of you and Merry CHRISTmas
    Congrats on the new Grand Sport!! We love ours!! Also a 2010, my first time out I ran a 12.4 119 mph! Pretty pleased I was !!

p6240918-jpg
    Last edited by BigJimZ16; 01-02-15 at 10:38 PM.
    The only thing that you accomplish when you make something idiotproof, is breed a better grade of idiot,