Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    1974, 1990, 2008 Coupes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Considering a C6 GS…

Some questions for your GS vette vets...

1. All things being equal, I know its not exactly apples for apples, but how much should an excellent used GS cost over a standard coupe?

2. What should I look out for when considering a low mileage GS? (2011)

3. I personally prefer automatic with paddles, but most GS come with stick. Other than preference, is there a reason to pick one over the other for a town and country style driver?

4. What else should I be asking that I haven't listed?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Seems the GS is holding value better the the base model, probably for the same reason it outsold it new. That means there are real bargains on the base coupes out there. Whether the GS will hold the advantage down the line is the question.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by AV8R View Post

1. All things being equal, I know its not exactly apples for apples, but how much should an excellent used GS cost over a standard coupe?

2. What should I look out for when considering a low mileage GS? (2011)

3. I personally prefer automatic with paddles, but most GS come with stick. Other than preference, is there a reason to pick one over the other for a town and country style driver?

4. What else should I be asking that I haven't listed?

thanks

I haven't been following the prices of the Grand Sports over base models so can't help much there.....The GS coupes look killer and that's why I wanted one.....

Make sure the tires are good. The only downside to me is the lack of tire choices you have for the GS. You have Goodyear, Bridgestone and Michlins in the run flats.....and a few more if you chose to go non run flat. The run flats are all real pricey....All are summer tires no A/S available that I can find.

I like the 6M because it gets the side oiler hand built Wixom engine. That's cool for me and I love to shift the gears......Rick Dad built my engine and it goes real fast.....

I would find one with the Heratige package which gives you a two toned interior and the hash stripes along with the embrodery on the seats.......make sure the fuel guage is working correctly....I don't believe you would ever wish you had gone the other way if you do end up with a good GS......good luck with your choice.......

Corvette(s)
    1974, 1990, 2008 Coupes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Outstanding!

Corvette(s)
    2012 GS vert in red.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default C6 gs

I found it just the opposite. Here in Washington state I found more with autos. Maybe because I was looking at convertibles. Husbands buy their wives converts and need to get the ladies autos.
    Look for the lowest mileage you can find. Mine had 4600 miles on it.
    Find one with all the options possible. Mine had everything you can get on a 3.
    It shouldn't be a problem finding a really nice one in So-Cal. I wish I had a market like that when I was looking.
    If you're getting an automatic you might just as well buy any late model Vette that suits your fancy. A GS is a performance car so it really should have a manual tranny.

Corvette(s)
    1974, 1990, 2008 Coupes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

There was a 2011 GS coupe, AT, black on black, all the options with 3K miles on it going for 48K out in Bakersfield Ca. I watched it take over a month to sell and just drooled. Its above my pay grade.

I currently looking at another 2008 just like my other one that got t-boned, almost identical but with 13k more miles on it, has chrome wheels instead of grey painted as before, and has the dual color and stitched seats that the other did not, and is 3K cheaper. Ill probably pull the trigger on it if theres nothing to be concerned about it. It also just had new brakes and ride flat tires put on it. Its on the middle of the KBB range for certified PO.

Corvette(s)
    2010 GS Black Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Having owned a 2004 coupe, 2005 convertible and now a 2010GS convertible, the Grand Sport is the best. I loved the body style first over a base C6.
    I always liked the Z06 style and wanted a convertible that matched. I have about 30,000 miles and have had no problems, except with tires as shown
    in this forum. I have blown out a few tires hitting a curb and with nails, but have stayed with the Goodyears so far. Get all the options you can afford
    on the car you want and enjoy. I drive it almost everyday to work with a big smile on my face.

Corvette(s)
    2019 GS Ceramic Grey A8 Conv. & 1969 Camaro SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Look around a little at 2013's. They are still out there new and the prices are dropping. Chevy dealers are trying to move them on to new homes.

Corvette(s)
    1974, 1990, 2008 Coupes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm currently considering a 2008 base coupe with 4LT option configuration

What at is this I hear that GMC is considering to end the Corvette line?

Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm currently considering a 2008 base coupe with 4LT option configuration

What at is this I hear that GMC is considering to end the Corvette line?

Don't worry they are not.......the remarks by Tadge were taken out of context by the liberal press. He was being pushed to give details by some wacko car guy about the new Z06......Tadges remark was something like, The new Z06 may be the last new Corvette ever if sales don't get back to where they need to be...... Which in a broad sense is true because no matter what, it takes sales to keep the ball rolling. They need to get back to 30K cars sold per year........12 to 13,000 isn't going to cut it. Like someone said 2015 will tell the story after the initial push to buy is over.

Corvette(s)
    2013 Triple Black GS, Previous cars: 1971 LT-1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

thanks
    I'm not sure what the final numbers are regarding stick VS auto, but when I purchased mine the majority of the GS's at MacMulkin's were automatics.

By the way, I visited a dealership that had several '13 GS left overs this past weekend and the prices on 3LT coupes were more than what I paid for my 3LT roadster last February - there really weren't any incentives much to my surprise - and they had several C7's on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    I'm not sure what the final numbers are regarding stick VS auto, but when I purchased mine the majority of the GS's at MacMulkin's were automatics.

By the way, I visited a dealership that had several '13 GS left overs this past weekend and the prices on 3LT coupes were more than what I paid for my 3LT roadster last February - there really weren't any incentives much to my surprise - and they had several C7's on the floor.

I got an email this morning from the GM card with rounded up cash earnings and $3,000 off all 2013 C6s.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

They gave me the $3K discount when I bought mine last year and that, along with a huge MacMulkin discount is what made me pull the trigger. I don't think I could have bought the same car for less than what I paid last February.

They weren't offering that last week, I don't believe. the incentives I saw weren't that good - maybe sales a poor.

Corvette(s)
    2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

The incentives and discounts for the 2013's were too good to pass up. I seriously doubt there will be anything like that this year and maybe next, too.

Elaine

2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06

National Corvette Museum Member

Sales
    Corvette Mike New England
    Toll-free: 877-427-8388
    Cell: 617-872-8252

"Corvette Mike New England"

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I was referring to the discounts for the 2013's still in stock.
    I've watched the incentives since I purchased mine and there hasn't been a time where I could have bought my car for less than what I paid - including my visit to a dealer looking at leftovers a couple of weeks back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast