Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corvette(s)
    2013 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    They gave me the $3K discount when I bought mine last year and that, along with a huge MacMulkin discount is what made me pull the trigger. I don't think I could have bought the same car for less than what I paid last February.

They weren't offering that last week, I don't believe. the incentives I saw weren't that good - maybe sales a poor.
    I bought my 13 GS in late September (I ordered it) and it was delivered right after Thanksgiving. $70k retail bought for $58k. $3k rebate + dealer cash + GM employee discount (I don't work for GM) + Corvette loyalty discount. Don't think I coulda done much better than that. My dealer is fantastic and I have a long-term relationship with them. I agree that the GS is a really good bang-for-buck model. I just couldn't afford a Z06, but always loved the look of the widebody.

Corvette(s)
    2013 Triple Black GS, Previous cars: 1971 LT-1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by lqueral View Post
    I bought my 13 GS in late September (I ordered it) and it was delivered right after Thanksgiving. $70k retail bought for $58k. $3k rebate + dealer cash + GM employee discount (I don't work for GM) + Corvette loyalty discount. Don't think I coulda done much better than that. My dealer is fantastic and I have a long-term relationship with them. I agree that the GS is a really good bang-for-buck model. I just couldn't afford a Z06, but always loved the look of the widebody.
    Mine had an MSRP of ~$75K and I got it for $59K with the $3K rebate and dealer discounts.
    I took the wife up to "look" at cars last February and on the way up she said to me "I know you're going to buy a car today......"
    I seriously had no intention of buying one but I knew if I didn't make the purchase that day I might not have that opportunity down the road.

I thought I might get a better price if I waited til last March but the that wouldn't have happened. I kept checking the rest of the year (and this year) and there never came a time when I would have had a better discount.

I love the car and I'm glad I purchased it when I did.

By the way, it sounds like you "stole" that car!

Corvette(s)
    2019 GS Ceramic Grey A8 Conv. & 1969 Camaro SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

We are leaving the house in a few minutes to go pick up our 13 Torch Red GS 3LT 6 speed convertible. We bought it at Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny, Iowa. MSRP $72,900. Out the door price $59,800.

Corvette(s)
    2013 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight 99 View Post
    We are leaving the house in a few minutes to go pick up our 13 Torch Red GS 3LT 6 speed convertible. We bought it at Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny, Iowa. MSRP $72,900. Out the door price $59,800.
    You and JJS did mighty fine as well. I'm real happy with my 13 GS but find 2 things irritating - 1) high tunnel heat when cruising in warm weather with windows down and not running the A/C. After about 1 hour, my right leg gets very hot. and 2) the tires are kinda worthless in temperatures less than about 55-60 degrees. Hard to get traction and the tires are easily spun even with part throttle. Problem also is that when they spin in colder weather, they want to "hop" and not just spin. Yes I know they're "summer tires". Both of these issues have been discussed here in the past many times. I went with the 3LT interior, as I wanted the Heritage Package's 2-tone interior, which was not available in the 4LT. Interior is red and black, to match the calipers and fender stripes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013corvetteinterior2-jpg  

Corvette(s)
    1974, 1990, 2008 Coupes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Those GS Vettes are gorgeous!

Well my funds are limited, so I ended up buying almost the exact same vette I had before (previous one was t-boned). Standard 2008 C6 black coupe, with 4LT options. Only lacks the high performance options. Fortunately it came with not only the stock targa roof, but the blue tinted sun roof as well with case.

side profile

cockpit dash with NAV, HUD, Paddle AT, Premium Bose

cockpit seats

sun roof

put on chrome head lamp trim

rear valance and tail light chrome trim

Price was right too

BTW… i cannot believe the center arm rest console doesn't have a courtesy light. Do the GS and Z models?
    Found a nice 12v LED flat lamp that I will install once I find the right pressure switch.
    Last edited by AV8R; 01-15-14 at 06:57 PM.

Corvette(s)
    2013 Grand Sport Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default fess up

I hate to admit this, but I've had the car for 1 year and have yet to take the roof panel off. There's not a single squeak or rattle in this car - as if carved from granite - and I'm afraid that I'll develop a roof squeak after I put it back on. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm nuts....

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Well, It is home in the garage. Torch Red, 3LT convertible, 6 speed, dual mode exhaust, chrome GS wheels, red calipers (match the body color) ebony interior, black top.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by lqueral View Post
    I hate to admit this, but I've had the car for 1 year and have yet to take the roof panel off. There's not a single squeak or rattle in this car - as if carved from granite - and I'm afraid that I'll develop a roof squeak after I put it back on. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm nuts....
    You're not alone. I never once had the top down on mine. When I 1st took it out of storage it was still too cold to put the top down, then before you knew it, it was too hot to put down.
    I've had to read the manual at least 3 times to see how the auto (it's easy) top down works so I should be ready this spring!

Congrats to those who recently purchased their new C6's.

-JS

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight 99 View Post
    Well, It is home in the garage. Torch Red, 3LT convertible, 6 speed, dual mode exhaust, chrome GS wheels, red calipers (match the body color) ebony interior, black top.
    Sounds like a beauty and I can't wait to see the pictures. You have the same options as mine except mine ( 6 speed, dual mode exhaust, chrome GS wheels, red calipers ) is a triple black.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quick pictures. Too cold and nasty outside for a photo session.

Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Beautiful car.......you're going to love it........

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

That is one beautiful car! Congrats on the purchase and like others have said you're going to love it.
    It's hard to beat that color combo - I would have considered that same combo but they didn't have one when I purchased mine.

Enjoy,

-JS

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

We were initially looking for a 13 GS in triple black but the arrest me red jumped out and grabbed us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12