Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clear Bra

Corvette(s)
    2013 Calaway 60th Anniv. vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Aap

Glad you are happy with their work. My 2013 Callaway 60th vert. arrives this week and will be going directly there for the clr bra treatment. They did one other 60th recently and it looked good.

Corvette(s)
    2012 Grand Sport Coupe, Crystal Red Metallic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Autobahnd

Quote Originally Posted by 67vet View Post
    When I had the bra put on the ZR1, we did the whole front end to front of the doors, the mirriors, behind the doors from the fuel door down, the side skirts and the front splitter.

He cleans the car first with Dawn Dish Soap.

He covered the headlights, lower lights and the hood window.

He said he has only done the coating on the roof of three ZR1 cars because the owners wanted it done. He doesn't ever see need for a roof protection against chips - sliding grocery bags across the roof or convertible trunk is a different story.
    When I purchased my 2012 GS coupe, the dealership offered to put Autobahnd ROADBLOCK on the front end (including headlights), part of the hood, side mirrors, and leading edges of the rear fender skirts. They showed me cars in the showroom that had this and then showed me the warranty that went with it. I was concerned with it being obvious that something was applied to the car, but on crystal red, the lines are barely noticeable unless you know what to look for. The car have over 5K miles on it and there are no paint chips missing from any of these areas. I am very happy with the product and the professional installation. I have not yet seen any yellowing or difference in color between what has been covered and what has not.

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

3M installed by GM Junkie on my C6 back in 08 when car was new .Great job ,no yellowing ,no flaws and I think I paid under $500 .

Corvette(s)
    2011 Jeststream Blue Grand Sport Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Clear Bra

You may have already moved forward with getting the clear bra "Clear Coat" I have a 2011 GS Convertible and had a great NCM delivery in April '11. The museum installed the clear coat all across the front facia (not on head lights) but through the GS stripes. Also put it on back of side view mirrors. The coat goes nearly 1/3 the way up the hood. Can't see it until you are on top of the car and looking closely. I wax right over it. No issues at all for 14,000 miles. Looks great with JSB and Pearl White Stripes..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12