• Door jamb switch does not shut off lights and buzzer
  • Door jamb switch does not shut off lights and buzzer

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Door jamb switch does not shut off lights and buzzer

Well I have had to replace my battery twice in the last six months. Nothing has been done and no work at all was done. When you open the drivers side door the interior lights come on and the buzzer sounds. When you close the door the buzzer countinues to sound and lights are on until I start the car. I suspected that the door jamb switch had gone bad. I bought two new replacements and installed the drivers side yesterday. Closed the door and the interior lights stayed on and the buzzer was sounding off. Today I opened the door the buzzer and lights came on, I removed the door panel and unhooked the wires going to the switch. After about 15 seconds the lights and buzzer shut off. Tried the other new switch and lights and buzzer back on, remove the wiring and after about 15 second they turned off. I am stumped and need any and all help I can get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Well 60 views and nothing yet. Maybe more info will draw a reply. The vet is a 93 convertible, I put new door jamb switches in on Monday, when you open the door the buzzer and dome lights come on and stay on for about 15 seconds then go off. When you open the door, lights and buzzer come on. Immediatly close the door the lights and buzzer remain on for about 15 seconds. Is that normal? I only drive the car a few times a year so I have never really paid attention to the uzzer and lights.

Corvette(s)
    1993 Polo Green Z07
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by tim1 View Post
    Well 60 views and nothing yet. Maybe more info will draw a reply. The vet is a 93 convertible, I put new door jamb switches in on Monday, when you open the door the buzzer and dome lights come on and stay on for about 15 seconds then go off. When you open the door, lights and buzzer come on. Immediatly close the door the lights and buzzer remain on for about 15 seconds. Is that normal? I only drive the car a few times a year so I have never really paid attention to the uzzer and lights.
    You should have posted this in the technical section and not the 40th section.

Corvette(s)
    1993 white convertable 2003 50th red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Courtesy lights staying on 1993 convertable

I have the same problem have you received any messages?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I found that the key indicator switch wsa bad, replaced it and it resolved my problem.

Corvette(s)
    1993 Blue
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Maybe a little late here. I also have a 93 and lost a battery. Driving me nuts, sometimes the alarm would go off because of the voltage difference in the battery. What I have found is not the door switches bad but the piece that actuates the switch not making contact all the time. I do believe it was posted here somewhere that the switch plungers are adjustable. I did manage to adjust mine but they wouldn't stay there. I used something to keep them extended but I forget exactly what I did. I added some kind of washer or rubber and it solved the problem. Oh yeah, I also replaced the pieces on the door with something that reached out a millimeter or so further making sure the switch was depressed. Mine would work but I didn't realize they were borderline opening and sometimes during the night of course the switches would make and break.