Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    1993 coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Need help with ac control on 93

Had all parts under hood changed over to 134 ac working great for a day until the control in dash went blank the back light works but no display. Took it out sent to place that sent a replacement when I put it in had same problem ...blank. should note it was acting up before not working then working just fine. Anyone have any idea where to go from here.

Corvette(s)
    1993 40th anniv ruby red coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 93 a/c head unit

Quote Originally Posted by Al 58 View Post
    Had all parts under hood changed over to 134 ac working great for a day until the control in dash went blank the back light works but no display. Took it out sent to place that sent a replacement when I put it in had same problem ...blank. should note it was acting up before not working then working just fine. Anyone have any idea where to go from here.
    A Couple things worked for me. 1. Disconnect battery for a few minutes. This will reset the head unit. 2. There is a video on you tube explaining how to remove it from the dash and clean all the contact points and place it back in the dash. I did this very easily. 3. I also have an extra if these two ideas don't work for you. Good luck.

Corvette(s)
    1993 coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

ground problem or
    Quote Originally Posted by moguls View Post
    A Couple things worked for me. 1. Disconnect battery for a few minutes. This will reset the head unit. 2. There is a video on you tube explaining how to remove it from the dash and clean all the contact points and place it back in the dash. I did this very easily. 3. I also have an extra if these two ideas don't work for you. Good luck.
    Thanks,will try the battery disconnect first I got a rebuilt head unit from a vender in mo. but had same result when I swapped them I found the youtube video later on cleaning the contacts. Just don't know if its a ground problem or power.