and was built to determine the fuel mileage of a vehicle, based on miles
driven and gallons of fuel used. Optionally, it will also calculate the
direct fuel expense per mile, whatever the fuel is, measured in gallons.
- All entries should be numeric.
- The current odometer reading MUST be greater than the previous odometer
- The calculator assumes that the tank was full when you recorded the
Previous Odometer reading.
- If you know the exact number of miles since the last fill, you can
enter it directly into the Trip Odometer field instead of Current and
Previous data entries.
- The cost per gallon is the pump price you pay for a gallon of fuel.
The answer is returned as a number of miles per gallon, miles since your
last fill, based on your entries, and optionally, the direct fuel expense
per mile and your approximate cost for the current fill. Click
for the metric version of this calculator. Enjoy!
Please be advised: The accuracy of this calculator and
its applicability to your circumstances is not guaranteed. It's meant
to be used as an informational guide only. Always obtain professional
advice from qualified automotive professionals.