1990 - 1991 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Intermittent Radio Condition Remove/Replace Radio
Subject: INTERMITTENT RADIO CONDITION REMOVE/REPLACE RADIO
Model and Year:1990-91 CORVETTE
Source: Chevrolet Service Bulletin
Bulletin Number: 91-343-9A - (06/03/1991)
The radio on the 1990-91 Y Car may show one or more of several intermittent conditions, such as lights flickering. On the CD player with speed-variable volume control, the volume may not vary with speed, or the volume may change with no change in speed.
The harness to the radio may be kinked or bent during installation, pulling on the connector, which can cause intermittent operation of one or more circuits.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Remove radio as described in the service manual. Disconnect wire harness connector.
3. Make sure that the harness is routed properly, with no sharp bends, with the connector branch of the harness coming directly through the hole in the dash behind the radio. There should be enough harness length to easily reach the radio.
4. Connect the harness to the radio. Carefully reinstall the radio, making sure that there is no strain on the harness.
5. Connect negative battery cable.
Warranty Information: Use Existing Labor Operation
General Motors bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, not a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform those technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, do not assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See a General Motors dealer servicing your brand of General Motors vehicle for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved