1986 Corvette: Pace Car Decal Installation
CHEVROLET CORVETTE PACE CAR
The Chevrolet Corvette Pace car decal package is designed for quick positioning and ease of application.Observance of a few simple pointers will greatly facilitate application.
1.Use experienced decal installers from your own staff or a commercial installer.
2.Air and surface temperature must be maintained between 68 and 104 degrees for proper installation.
3.Make sure the vehicle surface is properly cleaned in areas where the decals are to be applied with a suitable solvent such as a 1 to 1 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water.
4.Based on the experience of your installation team, the wet or dry method of application may be used (see special instructions below for wet application). WET METHOD RECOMMENDED.
LH & RH Winged Wheel Logos
LH & RH Upper Door Lettering
LH & RH Lower Door Lettering
1 Plastic Application Squeegee
Be sure to put driver's side decals on the driver's side of the car and passenger side decals on the passenger side of the car.
FRONT FENDER LOGO
- Locate the winged wheel logo so that the locator rests on the body side molding and the rear edge is flush with the fender/door opening.
- Tape the top of the decal to the car so that the decal can be hinged upward.
- Remove the backing sheet.
- Bring the decal back down until it nearly touches the car and squeegee it to the car with firm overlapping strokes.
- After the decal is adhered, carefully peel back a corner of the front protective covering and remove it by slowly peeling it back over itself at a 180 degree angle.
DOOR UPPER DECALS
1 .Locate the door upper lettering to the door so that the locator rests on the body side molding and the front edge is flush with the front fender/door opening.
Following steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 as indicated for the front fender decals.
DOOR LOWER DECALS
- Locate the door lower lettering to the door so that the top edge off the locator touches the bottom edge of the body side molding and the front edge is flush with the front fender/door opening.
- Tape the bottom of the decals to the car so that the decal can be hinged downward.
Follow steps 3, 4 and 5 as indicated for the front fender decals.
After all decals are applied, go back and inspect for air bubbles or areas not fully pressed down.Carefully re-squeegee missed areas, pin prick and squeegee out air bubbles where necessary.
WET METHOD RECOMMENDED APPLICATION METHOD
This method is designed to facilitate the application of large or hard to handle parts.It also minimizes the chances of pre-adhesion prior to proper location being achieved.The wet method is recommended in all cases where the decal is being applied in direct sunlight, due to the overheating of the body surface.
- Thoroughly mix one level teaspoon of mild detergent, (such as Dreft or Joy, but not soap) in ½ gallon of clean water.Avoid stronger wetting solutions.
- Thoroughly wet the units application surface with the solution using a pump spray bottle.
- Remove the brown liner paper of section you wish to apply and position the decal on the wet surface.
- Using the plastic squeegee, work from the center to the edge with firm overlapping strokes.
- Dry entire area with a clean, dry cloth.Go over entire surface to insure that all edges are firmly adhered before removing pre-mask carrier paper.
- Inspect application for bubbles and all areas not completely applied.Areas not adhered must be stroked again with the squeegee.Bubbles should be priced with a pin at one end and the entrapped air or water pushed out with the squeegee.
For unusual application circumstances, where problems might arise, please write or phone:
KAY SCREEN PRINTING, INC.
1614 Clay Street, Detroit, Michigan 48211 – 313/872-4048