1986 - 1988 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Power Antenna Will Not Retract
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin
Date: May, 1988
Subject: POWER ANTENNA WILL NOT RETRACT
Model and Year: 1986-88 CORVETTE WITH ADVANCED ELECTRONICALLY TUNED RADIO AND POWER ANTENNA (U65)
TO: ALL CHEVROLET DEALERS
The power antenna remains in the up position after the radio or the ignition power has been turned off.
Battery power to the radio has been removed and then restored with the igntion switch in the on position. (Jump starting the vehicle may also cause this condition).
- Switch the radio receiver off.
- Turn the ignition switch to the off position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Check the power antenna for proper operation.
If the antenna still does not work properly, refer to the service manual, Section 9, for further diagnostics.
GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED