1966 Corvette: Service News: Air Conditioning Thermostatic Expansion Valve Replacement
Model Year: 1966
Subject: Air Conditioning Thermostatic Expansion Valve Replace - 1966 Corvette
Source: Chevrolet Service News
Date: August, 1966
The service procedure for replacing the expansion valve on the 1966 Corvette is outlined below. This procedure is more detailed and supercedes the one listed on page 1A-57 of the 1966 Chassis Service Manual.
- Purge system of refrigerent.
- Drain cooling system and remove radiator supply tank.
- Disconnect heater hoses from heater core.
- Disconnect power element bulb.
- Remove expansion valve hold down strap.
- Remove equalizer line from suction throttling valve.
- Disconnect expansion valve inlet and outlet connections and remove valve.
- Install new thermostatic expansion valve by reversing removal procedure.
- Evacuate and charge system.