ESTIMATE: $525,000 - $600,000
CHASSIS NO: 194379S710179 Mecum Auto Auctions - Monterey, CA
August 14-16, 2014
"Original documented L88 that appears to have never been wrecked and is complete including a #'s matching correct engine; with tank sheet (Corvette Order Copy) this vehicle has just completed a total restoration."
Its worst feature? "None."
The car's documentation shows that it was built on December 4, 1968 with a Tonawanda-built engine assembled, according to the engine machine code T1029MR, on October 29 of that year; optional equipment included headrests and custom shoulder belts, power brakes and a Muncie M22 "Rock Crusher" close ratio 4-speed manual transmission. In 2012, Mr. Sinor signed an NCRS Shipping Data Report confirming the car's production date and its delivery to the original purchaser by Earl Hayes Chevrolet in Dallas, Texas. Finished in Fathom Green with a Green standard interior and now showing a believed-accurate 15,480 original miles, this outstanding final-year L88 coupe is offered with the all-important original tank sticker.
- Numbers matching 1969 L88
- Believed to be 15,480 original miles
- Documented with the tank sticker
- In show condition after the rotisserie restoration in 2004-2005
- Appraisal letter from Roy Sinor, NCRS Judging Chairman from October of 2005
- The letter states "Original Documented L88 that has the numbers matching correct engine, with an exceptional repaint, new interior and the original tank sheet, Corvette order copy, this vehicle has just completed a total restoration
- Rated in the following categories on a scale of 1-10
- Paint 9, chrome 9, paint type 9, chassis 9 and engine compartment 9
- Interior 9, interior type 9, brakes 9, original engine 7 and body panels 9
- This vehicle is exceptional in all areas
- 1 of 116 L88 Corvettes produced in 1969