This Knowledgebase has been developed to cover the most frequently asked questions about Corvettes. Using our system, you can search for topics separated into categories by Corvette generation. Some of the information here comes directly from Chevrolet Service News publications, Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and other technical sources as indicated.
This Knowledgebase contains most service bulletins and recall notices for all model years. If you can't find a particular service bulletin here, try our Corvette Recall Notice & Service Bulletin Search Form which is linked to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. You will only be able to view a brief description of the bulletins from the NHTSA but must pay a fee to acquire the entire document.
This Knowledgebase contains information from other Corvette owners and enthusiasts as well as professional engineers, literature, and service technicians (where noted). Any information used from this Knowledgebase is used at your own risk. Although we do our best to screen and verify the information provided here, the Corvette Action Center is not responsible for any inaccuracy in this Knowlegebase. Always consult your service manual and/or a qualified automotive service technician before conducting automotive repairs. For further information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.
|Search the Knowledgebase
||Browse by Category
|Search Results for "idle air control"
- 1997 - 1998: Service Bulletin: Discoloration or Staining of Plenum (Cowl) Air Inlet Screen
Subject: Discoloration or Staining of Plenum (Cowl) Air Inlet Screen Source: Chevrolet Dealer Technical Service Bulletin Number: 83-15-11 Models: 1997-1998 Chevrolet Corvette Condition: SOME CUSTO...
- 1997 - 1998: Service Bulletin: Hiss Type Noise Coming From Weatherstrip When Closing Right or Left Door
Subject: HISS TYPE NOISE COMING FROM WEATHERSTRIP WHEN CLOSING RIGHT AND/OR LEFT DOOR (ADD RELIEF HOLE) Source: Chevrolet Dealer Technical Service Bulletin Number: 83-15-07 Models: 1997-1998 Chevro...
- 1997 - 1998: Service Bulletin: Loose Lower Front Fascia Valence Panels
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 73-15-12A REVISION: 07/14/98 DIVS INVL 1 7 THIS BULLETIN IS BEING REVISED TO ADD 1998 VIN BREAKPOINT INFORMATION. PLEASE DISCARD CORPORATE BULLETI...
- 1997: Service Bulletin: Hatch Will Not Pop Up When Activated in Cold Weather
...eye protection. Procedure:
With hacth open, remove covers over latch assemblies.
Using a pair of pliers, drive the retaining pin forward, this will push the retaining pin off the Tinnerman n...
- 1997: Service Bulletin: Water Drips into Rear Compartment After Hatch/Glass Has Been Opened
...Figure 1, bottom view). Reinstall weatherstrip on hatch.
WARRANTY INFORMATION: For vehicles repaired warranty, use: Labor Operation Number: C1280 Labor Operation Time: 0.3 HR
GM bulletins ar...
- 1998 Convertible: Service Bulletin: Clicking Noise Coming From Folding Top
Subject: CLICKING/TICK NOISE COMING FROM FOLDING TOP (INSTALL INSULATOR STRIP #2 AND #3 BOW) Source: Chevrolet Dealer Technical Service Bulletin Number: 83-15-04 - (04/08/1998) Models: 1998 CHEVROLET ...
- 1998 - 2001 Convertible: Service Bulletin: Paint Wear Through at Fifth Bow (Replace Seal)
...trip ASM-F/Top RR Parts are currently available from GMSPO. Warranty Information For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
- 1998 - 2001: Service Bulletin: Squeak From Rear of Convertible Top (Replace Protector Assembly)
...d Protector Assembly Parts are currently available at GMSPO. Warranty Information For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
- 1999 - 2001: Service Bulletin: Windnoise Around B-Pillar (Add Sealer)
...bber Sealant-Black Parts are currently available from GMSPO. Warranty Information For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
- 1997+: Technical Article: Corvette Converts Floor Panels, Wheelhousings From Glass To Chopped Carbon
...ompared to glass, the open chopping process they used to make the glass mat created a great deal of airborne dust, which could result in a fire or explosion.
Meanwhile, epoxy, vinyl-ester and polye...
- 2005 - 2006: Product Safety Recall: Body-Color Roof Adhesive Separation
...One letter is for the general population, which includes vehicles that received a temporary roof repair as an interim remedy (labor code T5611). The other letter is for customers who had their roof pa...
- 2005 - 2006: Service Bulletin: 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette Including Z06 Repair Procedure for Painted Roofs that may separate
...– 05112D – Customer Satisfaction Program, 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette Including Z06 Repair Procedure for Painted Roofs that may separate Models: 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette and Z06 with...
- 2005 - 2007: Product Safety Recall: Body-Color Roof Adhesive Separation
...ch phase was released, Customer Satisfaction Program 05112 was cancelled. Vehicles that were not repaired under Customer Satisfaction Program 05112 were transferred into this safety recall. In additio...
- 2008 - 2009: Campaign Recall: Convertible Roof Cover Separation
...tte 95100002 95112678 Important: Dealers are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the General Motors Inquiry System (GMVIS). Not all vehicles within the above breakpoin...
- 2005 - 2007: Recall: Removable Roof Panel
The service procedure in bulletin 06041D has been revised. Dealers are
to no longer repair the vehicle using adhesive foam. The new procedure
requires a roof replacement. All technicians...
- 2011 - 2012: Campaign: #11258A - Rear Hatch Separation in Crash
...evrolet Corvette Coupes.
Important:Dears are to confirm vehicle eligibility prior to beginning repairs by using the Required Field Actions section in the Global Warranty system.Not all vehicles may ...
- 1956 - 1957: Service News: Servicing Corvette Heavy Duty Brakes
...dition, the brake flange plates are equipped with air scoops. Brakes The heavy duty brakes utilize...ing incorporates special baffles and vent tube to control lubricant during fast cornering. By using...
- 1956 - 1960: Brake Parts Chart
...art Date: May 1961
Brake Parts Listing
Brake Shoe Unit
Main Cylinder Repair Kit
Wheel Cylinder Repair Kit
- 1963 - 1972: Service News: Corvette Parking Brake Shoe Removal and Installation Procedure Revised
...ine from the caliper. remove the line clip at the control arm and then suspend the caliper assembly ...essary to hold the pin in position with a second pair of needle nose pliers while attempting to gras...
- 1965 - 1982: Recall: Remanufactured Brake Calipers
Make : CHEVROLET Model : CORVETTE Year: 1982 NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 03E032000 Recall Date: MAY 07, 2003 Component: SERVICE BRAKES, AIR: DISC: CALIPER Potential Number Of Units Affected: 15899...
(Page 3 of 20)