This Knowledgebase has been developed to cover the most frequently asked questions about Corvettes. Using our system, you can search for topics separated into categories by Corvette generation. Some of the information here comes directly from Chevrolet Service News publications, Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and other technical sources as indicated.
This Knowledgebase contains most service bulletins and recall notices for all model years. If you can't find a particular service bulletin here, try our Corvette Recall Notice & Service Bulletin Search Form which is linked to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. You will only be able to view a brief description of the bulletins from the NHTSA but must pay a fee to acquire the entire document.
This Knowledgebase contains information from other Corvette owners and enthusiasts as well as professional engineers, literature, and service technicians (where noted). Any information used from this Knowledgebase is used at your own risk. Although we do our best to screen and verify the information provided here, the Corvette Action Center is not responsible for any inaccuracy in this Knowlegebase. Always consult your service manual and/or a qualified automotive service technician before conducting automotive repairs. For further information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.
|Search the Knowledgebase
||Browse by Category
|Search Results for "idle air control"
There were 388 articles found for your query:
(Page 1 of 20)
- Buying: Buying a Corvette and What to Look For
..., may or may not apply to the particular Vette that you're looking at. Hopefully, we've compiled a fairly broad enough array of items to look at that will cover just about all Corvette model years." ...
- 1953 - 1954: Zone Letter: Air Flow Heater Problems
Subject: Air Flow Heater Problems Model and Year: 1954 (and 1953?) Chevrolet Passenger Cars Source: Zone Letter - Louisville, KY Bulletin Number: Z0-22-34, Feb. 17th, 1954
TO CHEVROLET DEALERS:
- 1966: Service News: Air Conditioning Thermostatic Expansion Valve Replacement
Model Year: 1966 Subject: Air Conditioning Termostatic Expansion Valve Replace - 1966 Corvette Source: Chevrolet Service News Date: August, 1966 The service procedure for replacing the expansion valv...
- 1965: Engineering Service Letter: 1965 Corvette 350 H.P. Factory A/C Operating Temperatures
...ture a '65 – 350 HP – air conditioned Corvette will run...r the temperature that it will be controlled by the thermostat. Ac...tc. If is not uncommon for engine idle oil pressures to drop off to...
- 1969 - 1976: Service Bulletin: Air Conditioning Compressor Drive Belt to Radiator Hose Interference
...ettes equipped with the 350 cubic inch engine and air conditioning may experience an interference co... the rear attaching bolt for the upper right side control arm. The guide is between the belt and ho...
- 1973: Service Bulletin: Exhaust Manifold to Air Conditioning Refridgerent Hose Clearance
- 1984: Service Bulletin: No Heat - A/C Control Unit
...ROLET DEALERS Conditions of "no heat" may be the result of a sticking vacuum switch within the A/C control unit. This may be more prevalent with lower temperatures. The switch may stick intermittentl...
- 1988 - 1992: Service Bulletin: A/C Compressor Sealing Washer (New Design)
... using sealing washers, there will be an intentional "gap" between the compressor rear head and the air conditioning hose assembly block (suction discharge block assembly). Do not mistake this as a lo...
- 1990 - 1996: HVAC Diagnostic Codes
...rvettes equipped with RPO C68 (electronic climate control), it is possible to read the HVAC system d...
System Faults (one of these will be set if your air conditioning controls have an LED flashing)
- 1990: Service Bulletin: L98 and LT5: Revised Air Conditioning Control Circuit Diagnosis
...UIT DIAGNOSIS 5.7L (VIN 8) & 5.7L (VIN J) "'Y" CARLINE (PORT) Circuit Description: The A/C clutch control relay is ECM controlled to delay A/C clutch engagement after the A/C is turned "ON." This al...
- 1990: Service Bulletin: Loss of Heating or Cooling Control
...tomer may comment on a loss of heating or cooling control. The temperature of air coming from the HV...
- 1991: Service Bulletin: Loss of Heat/Cooling Control
On some vehicles the temperature of air coming from the HVAC system, with C68 option, ...nged. A code 01 or 02 may also be set in the HVAC control head.. The "auto" blower may read "O" spee...
- 1985 - 1987: Service Bulletin: Moan or Vibration with Air Conditioning Running
... TO: ALL CHEVROLET DEALERS Some 1985 -87 Corvettes may exhibit a moan or engine cibration when the air conditioning compressor is engage. This condition may be improved by the installation of a powe...
- 1997 - 2003: Service Bulletin: HVAC Controls Intermittently Inoperative or Improperly Responding (Reset HVAC Controller)
Some customers may comment that the HVAC controller may have become intermittently inoperat...Additional comments may include a variance in the air temperature from driver to passenger side air ...
- 1997: Service Bulletin: Blower Motor - Run on When Ignition is Off
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 83-11-10 SUBJECT: BLOWER MOTOR RUN-ON WHEN IGNITION IS OFF (REPLACE CONTROL ASSEMBLY) MODELS: 1997 BUICK CENTURY, REGAL 1997 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CON...
- 1953: Service Bulletin: Corvette Body Repair
Subject: Corvette Body Repair Model Year: 1953 Corvette Date: December 18, 1953 Bulletin Number: Z-22-194 Zone: #22 Louisville With the increased distribution of the Chevrolet Corvette and the...
- 1964: Service Bulletin: Excessive Hood Release Effort
... in the parts list.
Adjust the catch assemblies for easy entry of the catch bolts and adjust the control cable as shown on page 1-5 of the 1963 Corvette Shop Manual.
- 1964: Service Bulletin: Rattle in Door When Window Partially Down
...This rattle may be caused by interference between the window regulator arm and the door lock remote control actuator attaching screws. This noise may be eliminated in service by removing the door tri...
- 1964: Chevrolet Central Office Letter: Corvette Body Source Identification
...e is no prefix to the body number of earlier units.
All L&MR's submitted for Corvette body repair should include the complete body number information, allowing proper allocation of failures to t...
- 1967: Service News: Corvette Door Window Removal
...e two screws under arm rest. Using Tool J-7797, remove clips retaining window crank and lock remote control. Remove knob from door lock control by turning counter clockwise. Remove 2 screws retaining ...
(Page 1 of 20)