This Knowledgebase has been developed to cover the most frequently asked questions about Corvettes. Using our system, you can search for topics separated into categories by Corvette generation. Some of the information here comes directly from Chevrolet Service News publications, Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and other technical sources as indicated.
This Knowledgebase contains most service bulletins and recall notices for all model years. If you can't find a particular service bulletin here, try our Corvette Recall Notice & Service Bulletin Search Form which is linked to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. You will only be able to view a brief description of the bulletins from the NHTSA but must pay a fee to acquire the entire document.
This Knowledgebase contains information from other Corvette owners and enthusiasts as well as professional engineers, literature, and service technicians (where noted). Any information used from this Knowledgebase is used at your own risk. Although we do our best to screen and verify the information provided here, the Corvette Action Center is not responsible for any inaccuracy in this Knowlegebase. Always consult your service manual and/or a qualified automotive service technician before conducting automotive repairs. For further information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.
|Search the Knowledgebase
||Browse by Category
|Search Results for "change a turn signal bulb"
- 1998 Convertible: Service Bulletin: Tonneau Cover Makes Noise When Going Over Bumps
Subject: TONNEAU COVER MAKES NOISE WHEN GOING OVER BUMPS (INSTALL TAPE) Source: Chevrolet Dealer Technical Service Bulletin Number: 83-15-06 - (04/22/1998) Models: 1998 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE ...
- 1998 - 2000: Service Bulletin: Window Motor Noisy/Inoperative
Number: 00-08-64-004 Subject: Window Motor Noisy/Inoperative (Replace Motor/Regulator) Model Year: 1998-2000 Chevrolet Corvette Condition Some customers may comment on:
An inoperative window mo...
- 1998 - 2001 Convertible: Service Bulletin: Paint Wear Through at Fifth Bow (Replace Seal)
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 02-08-111-001 Date: 02/05/2002 Subject: Paint Wear Through at Fifth Bow (Replace Seal) Model Year: 1998-2001 Chevrolet Corvette Condition Some custom...
- 1998 - 2001: Service Bulletin: Squeak From Rear of Convertible Top (Replace Protector Assembly)
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 01-08-67-003 Subject: Squeak From Rear of Convertible Top (Replace Protector Assembly) Model Year: 1998-2001 Corvette Condition Some customers may co...
- 1998 - 2003 Convertible: Prevention of Convertible Top From Rubbing Against the Paint Behind the Plastic Strip
If you raise the rear portion of the canvas top, you will see the strut rods on each side which can ...locking nut. Loosen this locking nut and slightly turn the adjusting nut a little at a time. Each ti...
- 1998 - 2003 Convertible: Trunk Door on Convertible Won't Open All The Way
The latch spring should be able to lift the trunk door enough to slide your fingers inside and open it the rest of the way. If this does not happen, check to see if the spring inside the latch assembl...
- 1999 - 2001: Service Bulletin: Windnoise Around B-Pillar (Add Sealer)
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 01-08-58-001 Subject: Windnoise Around B-Pillar (Add Sealer) Model Year: 1999-2001 Corvette Hardtop Condition Some owners may comment on windnoise ar...
- 1999: Service Bulletin: Left Fuel Tank to Underbody Contact/Rattle Noise
Subject: Left Fuel Tank to Underbody Contact/Rattle Noise (Install Foam Insulator Pad) Source: Chev...r that results in a body twisting motion, such as turning into a steep driveway. Cause: The forwa...
- 2000: Service Bulletin: Left Headlamp Door Does Not Stay Closed
Number: 00-08-42-002 Subject: Left Headlamp Door Does Not Stay Closed (Shim Headlamp Door Motor/Actu...or does not remain closed after the headlamps are turned off. Others may comment that the left headl...
- 2003: Service Bulletin: Deck Lid Not Flush With Left Hand Quarter Panel (Install Struts, Replace Right Deck Lid Hinge)
Subject: Deck Lid Not Flush With Left Hand Quarter Panel (Install Struts, Replace Right Deck Lid Hinge) Source: Chevrolet Dealer Technical Service Bulletin Number: #03-08-66-001 - (01/13/2003) Mod...
- Press Release: Not a Lightweight at All: New Composite from GM Is Stiff Enough for Structure, Resistant to Heat
Description: This press release, released from GM on July 24, 1998 takes an in-depth look at the Corvette's sheet molded composite body structure. Excerpt: "The automotive consumer may not even be aw...
- Technical Article: SMC Assembly Makes Fixed-Roof Corvette Lightest Body Style
Description: This technical article was published in Composites Technology, September/October 1999, and looks at the C5 fixed roof coupe body structure and discusses the manufacturing and engineering ...
- 1997+: Technical Article: Corvette Converts Floor Panels, Wheelhousings From Glass To Chopped Carbon
Corvette Converts Floor Panels, Wheelhousings From Glass To Chopped Carbon
By Composites Technol...f making the carbon parts without radical process changes. MFG engineers determined that existing to...
- 1997 - 2000: Chevrolet Pro Service News: Corvette Windnoise
Source: Chevrolet Pro Service News Date: September 1998, Volume 7, Issue #9
- 1997 - 1998: Chevrolet Pro Service News: Corvette Water Leak Repair
Source: Chevrolet Pro Service News Date: June 1998, Volume 7, Issue Number 6 Subject: Corvette Water Leak Repair
- 2005 - 2006: Product Safety Recall: Body-Color Roof Adhesive Separation
GM SERVICE AND PARTS OPERATIONS DCS1662 URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: October 12, 2006 Subject: 06041 – Product Safety Recall Body-Color Roof Adhesive Separation Phase 1 Customer Ma...
- 2005 - 2006: Recall: Painted Roof Adhesive Separation
NOTE: The bulletin below was revised in June of 2006 to include the Z06 Corvette. Below is bull...m (SI) version of this bulletin will reflect this change in the near future. Please review the revi...
- 2005 - 2006: Service Bulletin: 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette Including Z06 Repair Procedure for Painted Roofs that may separate
UPDATED INFORMATION Date: June 23, 2006
Subject: 06523A – 05112D – Customer Satisfaction Program, 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette Including Z06 Repair Procedure for Painted Roofs that m...
- 2005+: Service Information: Avoiding Scratched Headlamps
Owners should be reminded not to use an ice scraper on the headlamps of the 2005 Corvette. The exposed headlamps are covered by clear plastic lenses that have a hardcoated material applied at the supp...
- 2005: Service Bulletin: Information on the Operation of the Rear Compartment Lid/Hatch/Trunk Exterior Release Switch
Service Bulletin #: 05-08-66-002
Subject: Information on the Operation of the Rear Compartment Lid/Hatch/Trunk Exterior Release Switch
Model(s): 2005 Chevrolet Corvette
(Page 6 of 41)