This Knowledgebase has been developed to cover the most frequently asked questions about Corvettes. Using our system, you can search for topics separated into categories by Corvette generation. Some of the information here comes directly from Chevrolet Service News publications, Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and other technical sources as indicated.
This Knowledgebase contains most service bulletins and recall notices for all model years. If you can't find a particular service bulletin here, try our Corvette Recall Notice & Service Bulletin Search Form which is linked to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. You will only be able to view a brief description of the bulletins from the NHTSA but must pay a fee to acquire the entire document.
This Knowledgebase contains information from other Corvette owners and enthusiasts as well as professional engineers, literature, and service technicians (where noted). Any information used from this Knowledgebase is used at your own risk. Although we do our best to screen and verify the information provided here, the Corvette Action Center is not responsible for any inaccuracy in this Knowlegebase. Always consult your service manual and/or a qualified automotive service technician before conducting automotive repairs. For further information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.
|Search the Knowledgebase
||Browse by Category
|Search Results for "change a turn signal bulb"
- 1998 - 2001: Service Bulletin: Squeak From Rear of Convertible Top (Replace Protector Assembly)
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 01-08-67-003 Subject: Squeak From Rear of Convertible Top (Replace Protector Assembly) Model Year: 1998-2001 Corvette Condition Some customers may co...
- 1998 - 2003 Convertible: Prevention of Convertible Top From Rubbing Against the Paint Behind the Plastic Strip
If you raise the rear portion of the canvas top, you will see the strut rods on each side which can ...locking nut. Loosen this locking nut and slightly turn the adjusting nut a little at a time. Each ti...
- 1998 - 2003 Convertible: Trunk Door on Convertible Won't Open All The Way
The latch spring should be able to lift the trunk door enough to slide your fingers inside and open it the rest of the way. If this does not happen, check to see if the spring inside the latch assembl...
- 1999 - 2001: Service Bulletin: Windnoise Around B-Pillar (Add Sealer)
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 01-08-58-001 Subject: Windnoise Around B-Pillar (Add Sealer) Model Year: 1999-2001 Corvette Hardtop Condition Some owners may comment on windnoise ar...
- 1999: Service Bulletin: Left Fuel Tank to Underbody Contact/Rattle Noise
Subject: Left Fuel Tank to Underbody Contact/Rattle Noise (Install Foam Insulator Pad) Source: Chev...r that results in a body twisting motion, such as turning into a steep driveway. Cause: The forwa...
- 2000: Service Bulletin: Left Headlamp Door Does Not Stay Closed
Number: 00-08-42-002 Subject: Left Headlamp Door Does Not Stay Closed (Shim Headlamp Door Motor/Actu...or does not remain closed after the headlamps are turned off. Others may comment that the left headl...
- 2003: Service Bulletin: Deck Lid Not Flush With Left Hand Quarter Panel (Install Struts, Replace Right Deck Lid Hinge)
Subject: Deck Lid Not Flush With Left Hand Quarter Panel (Install Struts, Replace Right Deck Lid Hinge) Source: Chevrolet Dealer Technical Service Bulletin Number: #03-08-66-001 - (01/13/2003) Mod...
- Press Release: Not a Lightweight at All: New Composite from GM Is Stiff Enough for Structure, Resistant to Heat
Description: This press release, released from GM on July 24, 1998 takes an in-depth look at the Corvette's sheet molded composite body structure. Excerpt: "The automotive consumer may not even be aw...
- Technical Article: SMC Assembly Makes Fixed-Roof Corvette Lightest Body Style
Description: This technical article was published in Composites Technology, September/October 1999, and looks at the C5 fixed roof coupe body structure and discusses the manufacturing and engineering ...
- 1997+: Technical Article: Corvette Converts Floor Panels, Wheelhousings From Glass To Chopped Carbon
Corvette Converts Floor Panels, Wheelhousings From Glass To Chopped Carbon
By Composites Technol...f making the carbon parts without radical process changes. MFG engineers determined that existing to...
- 2005 - 2006: Product Safety Recall: Body-Color Roof Adhesive Separation
GM SERVICE AND PARTS OPERATIONS DCS1662 URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: October 12, 2006 Subject: 06041 – Product Safety Recall Body-Color Roof Adhesive Separation Phase 1 Customer Ma...
- 2005 - 2006: Recall: Painted Roof Adhesive Separation
NOTE: The bulletin below was revised in June of 2006 to include the Z06 Corvette. Below is bull...m (SI) version of this bulletin will reflect this change in the near future. Please review the revi...
- 2005 - 2006: Service Bulletin: 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette Including Z06 Repair Procedure for Painted Roofs that may separate
UPDATED INFORMATION Date: June 23, 2006
Subject: 06523A – 05112D – Customer Satisfaction Program, 2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette Including Z06 Repair Procedure for Painted Roofs that m...
- 2005+: Service Information: Avoiding Scratched Headlamps
Owners should be reminded not to use an ice scraper on the headlamps of the 2005 Corvette. The exposed headlamps are covered by clear plastic lenses that have a hardcoated material applied at the supp...
- 2005: Service Bulletin: Information on the Operation of the Rear Compartment Lid/Hatch/Trunk Exterior Release Switch
Service Bulletin #: 05-08-66-002
Subject: Information on the Operation of the Rear Compartment Lid/Hatch/Trunk Exterior Release Switch
Model(s): 2005 Chevrolet Corvette
- 2005: Service Bulletin: Creak or Popping Noise from Roof Near Windshield/"A" Pillar (Replace Plastic Guides In Roof Striker)
Service Bulletin #: 05-08-59-003A
Subject: Creak or Popping Noise from Roof Near Windshield/"A" Pillar (Replace Plastic Guides In Roof Striker)
Model(s): 2005 Chevrolet Corvette C...
- 2006: Technical Article: 2006 Corvette Incorporates Reformulated "pop-free" SMC
2006 Corvette Incorporates Reformulated "pop-free" SMC
By Composites World Magazine Staff | August 2006
The 2006 Chevrolet Corvette from automaker General Motors (GM) features several components...
- 2005 - 2007: Product Safety Recall: Body-Color Roof Adhesive Separation
Subject: Product Safety - Body-Color Roof Adhesive Separation Number: #06041C Date: May 2007 Models: 2005-2007 Chevrolet Corvette With Body-Color Roof This bulletin is being revised to include (30) ...
- 2005 - 2009: Service Bulletin: Snap, Pop or Rattle Noise From Lift Off Roof Panel While Driving
Bulletin #: 08.08.67.013A
Subject: Snap, Pop or Rattle Noise From Lift Off Roof Panel While Driving (Replace Front Lift Off Roof Panel Handles and Lube)
Models: 2005-2009 Chevrolet Corvette wi...
- 2008 - 2009: Campaign Recall: Convertible Roof Cover Separation
... DCS 2230 URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY DATE: April 22, 2009 SUBJECT: 08312 – Customer Satisfaction Program Convertible Roof Cover Separation – Install New Retainer Bracket MODELS: ...
(Page 6 of 39)