This Knowledgebase has been developed to cover the most frequently asked questions about Corvettes. Using our system, you can search for topics separated into categories by Corvette generation. Some of the information here comes directly from Chevrolet Service News publications, Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and other technical sources as indicated.
This Knowledgebase contains most service bulletins and recall notices for all model years. If you can't find a particular service bulletin here, try our Corvette Recall Notice & Service Bulletin Search Form which is linked to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. You will only be able to view a brief description of the bulletins from the NHTSA but must pay a fee to acquire the entire document.
This Knowledgebase contains information from other Corvette owners and enthusiasts as well as professional engineers, literature, and service technicians (where noted). Any information used from this Knowledgebase is used at your own risk. Although we do our best to screen and verify the information provided here, the Corvette Action Center is not responsible for any inaccuracy in this Knowlegebase. Always consult your service manual and/or a qualified automotive service technician before conducting automotive repairs. For further information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.
|Search the Knowledgebase
||Browse by Category
|Search Results for "change a turn signal bulb"
- Quiz: 1989 Selective Ride Control (RPO FX3)
Test your knowledge of the 1989 Corvette's Selective Ride Control system. Link: Test Your Corvette Knowledge
- Shocks: Oil Film on Bilstein Shocks
Below is an explanation for the oil film that is often seen on the exterior of Bilstein shock absorbers:
Bilstein Corporation of America Bilstein Gas Pressure Shock Absorbers, due to the extreme...
- 1989 - 1995: Tech Article: The Inside Story of C4's Shock Absorber Revolution, Selective Ride Control
C4 Corvette's Selective Ride Control - Six Steps for a King's Ride © 2009 by Hib Halverson No use without permission, All Rights Reserved The most valuable ride-and-handling option available on...
- 1984 - 1989: Service Bulletin: Steering Gear Intermediate Shaft Torque Specifications
Bulletin Number: 89-258-3B Section: 3B Date: September 1989 Subject: Steering Gear Intermed...)
48 Nm (35 lbs. ft.) Please make note of these changes in each of your manuals.
- 1997 - 2005: Service Bulletin: Revised Ball-Joint Torque Specs
Service Bulletin #: 05-03-08-004
Subject: Revised Front and Rear Upper and Lower Ball Joint Stud Nut Tightening Specifications Revised Front and Rear Upper and Lower Ball Joint...
- 1997 - 2003: Service Manual Update: Revised Rear Axle-Assemble Procedure and Special Tools
Subject: Service Manual Update: Revised Rear Axle-Assemble Procedure and Special Tools Source: Ch...was required due to an axle shaft oil seal design change. This new tool will work with either the ne...
- 1999 - 2000: Service Bulletin: SMU - Deletion of Variable Effort Steering Description
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 00-02-36-002A Subject: SMU - Deletion of Variable Effort Steering Description Model Year: 1999-2000 This bulletin is being revised to clarify that th...
- 2001 - 2003: Service Manual Update: Revised Wheel Drive Shaft Outer Joint and Seal Replacement and Wheel Drive Shaft Inner Joint and Seal Replacement Procedures
Subject: Revised Wheel Drive Shaft Outer Joint and Seal Replacement and Wheel Drive Shaft Inner J...l J 46588 is a NEW tool.
Because of a mid-year change in 2001, the large diameter clamp is now a ...
- 2003: Service Bulletin: Info - New Vehicle Preparation for Magnetic Selective Ride Control
Subject: Info - New Vehicle Preparation for Magnetic Selective Ride Control Source: Chevrolet Dea...uid, within a millisecond.
When the ignition is turned OFF, the dampers offer very little damping....
- 2003: Technical Article: Magnetic Ride - Star Wars Meets the 50th Car
Magnetic Ride - Star Wars Meets the 50th Car
...ossings mixed with sharp turns, esses and sweepers... and firmest setting. It changed its damping accor...haft was determined by a signal generated by the S...
- 2003: Technical Article: Magnetic Selective Ride Control - First Ride
[Press] Magnetic Selective Ride Control---First Drive
by Hib Ha...nology that allowed the shocks to change damping states in near rea...ovement, like hitting a bump in a turn. I could get the suspension ...
- 2004: Recall: Lower Control Arm Ball Stud Washer
Recall Bulletin 04043 – Lower Control Arm Ball Stud Washer
Date: August 2004
Subject...ng action that would tend to slow the vehicle and turn it in the direction of the affected corner. ...
- 1998 - 2004: Press Release: Active Handling System
Description: The following text appeared in a GM Press Release that was issued at the Las Vegas SEMA Show in the Fall of 1998. The Active Handling System, RPO JL4, debuted on the 1998 Corvette and bec...
- Road Test: Active handling: Corvette's revolutionary new option increases safety and performance
Description: Hib Halverson reviews the C5 Corvette's Active Handling system.
Excerpt: "When ordered on a C5, Active Handling combines with the car's traction control system (TCS) to enhance co...
- 2005 - 2006: Rear Wheel Drive Shaft Nut Torque Specification Requirements and Information on Replacement Shafts for Service
Service Bulletin #: 05-04-95-001
Date: November 11, 2005
Subject: Rear Wheel Drive Shaft Nu...caliper to prevent the wheel hub and bearing from turning.
Begin to install the drive shaft retain...
- 2005 - 2007: Service Bulletin: Power Steering Shudder or Vibration at Idle
Date: October 18, 2006
Bulletin #: #06-02-32-012B
Subject: Power Steering Shudder or Vibrat...es the drag against the wheels as they attempt to turn. Slightly raising the engine idle should elim...
- 2005 - 2006: Service Bulletin: Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal, Service Stability System Message on Driver Information Center (DIC)
Service Bulletin #: 06-02-35-002
Date: January 2006
Subject: Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal, Service Stability System Message on Driver Infor...
- 2005 - 2007: Service Bulletin: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns
Subject: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns (Drain/Refill Rear Differential Fluid an...e noise from the rear of the vehicle while making turns. Cause This condition may be caused by slip...
- 2005 - 2008: Service Bulletin: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC
Subject: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC, DTC C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal Set (Install Clip in SWPS Connector) #06-02...
- 2005 - 2008: TechLink Article: Drive Axle Boot Pliers
New drive axle boot pliers (fig. 6) CH-48894 have been released for these vehicles:
(Page 11 of 41)