This Knowledgebase has been developed to cover the most frequently asked questions about Corvettes. Using our system, you can search for topics separated into categories by Corvette generation. Some of the information here comes directly from Chevrolet Service News publications, Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and other technical sources as indicated.
This Knowledgebase contains most service bulletins and recall notices for all model years. If you can't find a particular service bulletin here, try our Corvette Recall Notice & Service Bulletin Search Form which is linked to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. You will only be able to view a brief description of the bulletins from the NHTSA but must pay a fee to acquire the entire document.
This Knowledgebase contains information from other Corvette owners and enthusiasts as well as professional engineers, literature, and service technicians (where noted). Any information used from this Knowledgebase is used at your own risk. Although we do our best to screen and verify the information provided here, the Corvette Action Center is not responsible for any inaccuracy in this Knowlegebase. Always consult your service manual and/or a qualified automotive service technician before conducting automotive repairs. For further information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.
|Search the Knowledgebase
||Browse by Category
|Search Results for "change a turn signal bulb"
- 2003: Service Bulletin: Info - New Vehicle Preparation for Magnetic Selective Ride Control
Subject: Info - New Vehicle Preparation for Magnetic Selective Ride Control Source: Chevrolet Dea...uid, within a millisecond.
When the ignition is turned OFF, the dampers offer very little damping....
- 2003: Technical Article: Magnetic Ride - Star Wars Meets the 50th Car
Magnetic Ride - Star Wars Meets the 50th Car
...ossings mixed with sharp turns, esses and sweepers... and firmest setting. It changed its damping accor...haft was determined by a signal generated by the S...
- 2003: Technical Article: Magnetic Selective Ride Control - First Ride
[Press] Magnetic Selective Ride Control---First Drive
by Hib Ha...nology that allowed the shocks to change damping states in near rea...ovement, like hitting a bump in a turn. I could get the suspension ...
- 2004: Recall: Lower Control Arm Ball Stud Washer
Recall Bulletin 04043 – Lower Control Arm Ball Stud Washer
Date: August 2004
Subject...ng action that would tend to slow the vehicle and turn it in the direction of the affected corner. ...
- 1998 - 2004: Press Release: Active Handling System
Description: The following text appeared in a GM Press Release that was issued at the Las Vegas SEMA Show in the Fall of 1998. The Active Handling System, RPO JL4, debuted on the 1998 Corvette and bec...
- Road Test: Active handling: Corvette's revolutionary new option increases safety and performance
Description: Hib Halverson reviews the C5 Corvette's Active Handling system.
Excerpt: "When ordered on a C5, Active Handling combines with the car's traction control system (TCS) to enhance co...
- 2005 - 2006: Rear Wheel Drive Shaft Nut Torque Specification Requirements and Information on Replacement Shafts for Service
Service Bulletin #: 05-04-95-001
Date: November 11, 2005
Subject: Rear Wheel Drive Shaft Nu...caliper to prevent the wheel hub and bearing from turning.
Begin to install the drive shaft retain...
- 2005 - 2007: Service Bulletin: Power Steering Shudder or Vibration at Idle
Date: October 18, 2006
Bulletin #: #06-02-32-012B
Subject: Power Steering Shudder or Vibrat...es the drag against the wheels as they attempt to turn. Slightly raising the engine idle should elim...
- 2005 - 2006: Service Bulletin: Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal, Service Stability System Message on Driver Information Center (DIC)
Service Bulletin #: 06-02-35-002
Date: January 2006
Subject: Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal, Service Stability System Message on Driver Infor...
- 2005 - 2007: Service Bulletin: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns
Subject: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns (Drain/Refill Rear Differential Fluid an...e noise from the rear of the vehicle while making turns. Cause This condition may be caused by slip...
- 2005 - 2008: Service Bulletin: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC
Subject: Stabilitrak/Active Handling Light On, Service Stabilitrak/Active Handling Message on DIC, DTC C0710 Steering Wheel Position Sensor (SWPS) Signal Set (Install Clip in SWPS Connector) #06-02...
- 2005 - 2008: TechLink Article: Drive Axle Boot Pliers
New drive axle boot pliers (fig. 6) CH-48894 have been released for these vehicles:
- 2005 - 2009: Service Bulletin: Tapping or Scraping Noise From Rear Wheel Area
Tapping or Scraping Noise From Rear Wheel Area (Replace Wheel Drive Shaft Nut)
2005-2009 Cadillac XLR 2005-2009 Chevrolet Corvette
This bulletin is being revised to add th...
- 1953: Service Bulletin: New Spoke Flywheel and Converter Attachment to Flywheel - Late Powerglide Models
Source: Chevrolet Technical Service Bulletin Number: DR - 157 Section: VI Date: October 7, 1953 Subject: New Spoke Flywheel and Converter Attachement to Flywheel - Late 1953 Powerglide Models TO: ...
- 1955: Service Bulletin: Foreign Material in Clutch Housings, Secondary Road Operation
Subject: Foreign Material in Clutch Housings, Secondary Road Operation Model and Year: 1955 Passenger Cars, 3-Speed Transmission Source: Chevrolet Technical Service Bulletin Bulletin Number: DR 217...
- 1956 - 1957: Service Bulletin: Conversion From 3-Speed to 4-Speed Transmission
Subject: Conversion From 3-Speed to 4-Speed Transmission Model and Year: 1956-1957 Corvette Source: Chevrolet Service Bulletin, Zone #41 Wichita, Kansas Number: 108 Date: October 8, 1957
A kit is...
- 1957 - 1958: Service News: Corvette 4-Speed Transmission - Harsh Shift Into Third Speed
Source: Chevrolet Service News Date: December, 1957 Subject: Corvette 4-Speed Transmission - Harsh Shift Into Third Speed Some 1957 and 1958 Corvette four-speed transmissons have been built incorpora...
- 1958 - 1959: Service Bulletin: Vacuum Modulation System Inspection
Subject: Vacuum Modulation System Inspection Model and Year: 1958-1959 Powerglide and 1957 Thru 1959 Turboglide Transmissions Source: Chevrolet Technical Service Bulletin Bulletin Number: DR #411, ...
- 1958: Service Bulletin: Automatic Transmission Fluid
Subject: Automatic Transmission Fluid Model and Year: 1958 Passenger Cars and Trucks Source: Chev...gnosing engine and transmission oil leaks.
This change will enter production at all Assembly Plant...
- 1953: Service Bulletin: Powerglide Transmission Slippage and Chatter in Automatic Low and Drive Range
Source: Chevrolet Service Technical Bulletin Subject: Powerglide Transmission Slippage and Chatter in Automatic Low and Drive Range Model and Year: 1953 Corvette Bulletin Number: DR - 145 Section: VI...
(Page 11 of 39)