This Knowledgebase has been developed to cover the most frequently asked questions about Corvettes. Using our system, you can search for topics separated into categories by Corvette generation. Some of the information here comes directly from Chevrolet Service News publications, Service Bulletins, Recall Notices and other technical sources as indicated.
This Knowledgebase contains most service bulletins and recall notices for all model years. If you can't find a particular service bulletin here, try our Corvette Recall Notice & Service Bulletin Search Form which is linked to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. You will only be able to view a brief description of the bulletins from the NHTSA but must pay a fee to acquire the entire document.
This Knowledgebase contains information from other Corvette owners and enthusiasts as well as professional engineers, literature, and service technicians (where noted). Any information used from this Knowledgebase is used at your own risk. Although we do our best to screen and verify the information provided here, the Corvette Action Center is not responsible for any inaccuracy in this Knowlegebase. Always consult your service manual and/or a qualified automotive service technician before conducting automotive repairs. For further information, please review our Legal Disclaimer.
|Search the Knowledgebase
||Browse by Category
|Search Results for "change a turn signal bulb"
- 1984: Service Bulletin: Ride Harshness - Z51 Suspension
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 84-223 Section: 3D (IV) Date: Dec., 1984 Subject: ...me customers. Ride harshness can be significantly changed by reducing the cold tire inflation pressu...
- 1984: Service News: Rear Spindle Support Rod Protector Sleeve
Model Year: 1984 Subject: Rear Spindle Support Rod Protector Sleeve Source: Chevrolet Service News Number: 2, Volume 56, Page 3 Date: March/April 1984 The Rear Spindle Support Rods, along with a prot...
- 1988 - 1990: Service Bulletin: Power Steering Shudder / Groan
...ING SHUDDER/GROAN INSTALL P/S COOLER & HOSE Model and Year:1988-90 CORVETTE WITH 5.7L ENGINE Source:...ically apparent during either static or low speed turning maneuvers and may be perceived by the vehi...
- 1988: Service Bulletin: Service Manual Update Front Leaf Spring Compressor Adapter
Model Year: 1988 Corvette Subject: Service Manual Update Front Leaf Spring Compressor Adapter Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Update Bulletin Bulletin Number: 88-272-3C, Number 3C Date: Aug, 1988 TO...
- 1989 - 1995: Rebuilding Bilstein Shocks by Bilstein Corporation
Subject: Bilstein Shocks: Revalve Service by Bilstein Corporation An alternative to replacing used ... per your instructions, for $55.00 per shock. The turnaround time for the rebuild/re-valve service i...
- 1990: Service Bulletin: Clicking Noise When Steering Wheel is Rotated
...KING' NOISE WHEN STEERING WHEEL IS ROTATED Model and Year: 1990 CORVETTE Source: Chevrolet Service ...ng" noise may be heard when the steering wheel is turned. Cause: The Supplemental Inflatable Restr...
- 1990: Service Manual Update: Front Suspension Revised Torque Specifications
...PDATE-SEC.3C FRT. SUSP REVISED TORQUE SPEC Model and Year: 1990 CORVETTE WITH SELECTIVE RIDE CONTRO... 42 N.m (31 lb. ft.). Please make a note of this change for future reference.
General Motors bu...
- 1991 - 1994 Corvette: Reduced Power Steering Assist at Low Ambient Temperatures
Subject: Reduced Pwr Steeringat Low Ambient Temperatures (New Power Steering Fluid) Model and Year: 1994 AND PRIOR PASSENGER CARS AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS Source: Chevrolet Service Bulletin Bulletin Numb...
- 1992 - 1993: Campaign: Power Steering Gear Inlet Hose
...AIGN 93CO2 - POWER STEERING GEAR INLET HOSE Model and Year: 1992-93 CHEVROLET LT1 CORVETTE Source: C...w by completing the postage paid reply card and returning it to us. We are sorry to cause you this ...
- 1992 - 1993: Service Bulletin: Steering Column Popping Noise
Subject: STEERING COLUMN POPPING NOISE (REPLACE UPPER BEARING INNER RACE SEAT) Model and Year: 1992-93 PASSENGER CARS EXCEPT CHEVROLET CAVALIER, GEO AND PONTIAC LEMANS 1992-93 LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS EXCEPT...
- 1993: Campaign: Rear Wheel Shaft U-Joint Retainer Bolts
Subject: PRODUCT CAMPAIGN 93C17 - REAR WHEEL SHAFT U-JOINT RETAINER BOLTS Model and Year: 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Source: Chevrolet Product Campaign Bulletin Number: 93C17 To: All Chevrolet Dealers ...
- 1994 - 1996: Service Bulletin: Intermittent Steering Column Snap or Clink Noise When Turn
Subject: Intermittent Steering Column Snap or Clink Noise When Turn Model and Year: 1994-96 BUICK CENTURY, LASABRE, PARK AVENUE, REGAL, ROADMASTER 1995-96 BUICK RIVIERA 1994-96 CADILLAC CONCOURS, DE...
- Quiz: 1989 Selective Ride Control (RPO FX3)
Test your knowledge of the 1989 Corvette's Selective Ride Control system. Link: Test Your Corvette Knowledge
- Shocks: Oil Film on Bilstein Shocks
Below is an explanation for the oil film that is often seen on the exterior of Bilstein shock absorbers:
Bilstein Corporation of America Bilstein Gas Pressure Shock Absorbers, due to the extreme...
- 1989 - 1995: Tech Article: The Inside Story of C4's Shock Absorber Revolution, Selective Ride Control
C4 Corvette's Selective Ride Control - Six Steps for a King's Ride © 2009 by Hib Halverson No use without permission, All Rights Reserved The most valuable ride-and-handling option available on...
- 1984 - 1989: Service Bulletin: Steering Gear Intermediate Shaft Torque Specifications
Bulletin Number: 89-258-3B Section: 3B Date: September 1989 Subject: Steering Gear Intermed...)
48 Nm (35 lbs. ft.) Please make note of these changes in each of your manuals.
- 1997 - 2005: Service Bulletin: Revised Ball-Joint Torque Specs
Service Bulletin #: 05-03-08-004
Subject: Revised Front and Rear Upper and Lower Ball Joint Stud Nut Tightening Specifications Revised Front and Rear Upper and Lower Ball Joint...
- 1997 - 2003: Service Manual Update: Revised Rear Axle-Assemble Procedure and Special Tools
Subject: Service Manual Update: Revised Rear Axle-Assemble Procedure and Special Tools Source: Ch...was required due to an axle shaft oil seal design change. This new tool will work with either the ne...
- 1999 - 2000: Service Bulletin: SMU - Deletion of Variable Effort Steering Description
Source: Chevrolet Dealer Service Bulletin Number: 00-02-36-002A Subject: SMU - Deletion of Variable Effort Steering Description Model Year: 1999-2000 This bulletin is being revised to clarify that th...
- 2001 - 2003: Service Manual Update: Revised Wheel Drive Shaft Outer Joint and Seal Replacement and Wheel Drive Shaft Inner Joint and Seal Replacement Procedures
Subject: Revised Wheel Drive Shaft Outer Joint and Seal Replacement and Wheel Drive Shaft Inner J...l J 46588 is a NEW tool.
Because of a mid-year change in 2001, the large diameter clamp is now a ...
(Page 10 of 39)