Connect With Us:
Advertise With Us!
Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Corvette History - February
- February 2, 1993: The term "STINGRAY" is registered
as a trademark to General Motors.
- February 9, 1995: The first alpha test C5 Corvette
enters public roads for the first time.
- February 11, 1962: At the Daytona Continental
race, Dick Thompson and Don Yenko race a 1962 Corvette of the Gulf Oil
racing team to first in A/Production class, and seventh overall.
- February 19, 1994: Reeves Callaway decides
to produce a modified Corvette to race at Le Mans, the first time for
a Corvette in almost 20 years.
- February 20, 1954: The Ford Motor Company shows
the Thunderbird two-seat convertible in Detroit. The Thunderbird is
a major part of General Motors' decision to continue production of the
- February, 1955: The basic design of the 1956
model Corvette is completed.
- February, 1966: At the Daytona Continental
endurance race, Roger Penske's 1966 Corvette with 427 ci engine finishes
first in GT class.
- February, 1968: At the 24-hour Daytona Continental
race, Sunray DX Oil Company enters three Corvettes. Jerry Grant
and Dave Morgan race a 1967 L88 Corvette (car No. 31). Revson/Yenko
race 1968 L88 Corvette (No. 29). DeLorenzo/Thompson race 1968
L88 Corvette (No. 30). This is the racing debut of the 1968 model
Corvette. The Grant/Morgan car finishes first in GT class and
- February, 1993: General Motors Powertrain Division
decides to discontinue development of the Gen II engine as a small-block,
and create a new medium-displacement V-8 engine.
- February, 2000: The Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona
is held in Florida. Chevrolet enters its two C5-R Corvette race cars.
One places second, 31 seconds behing the winner. The other places 24th.
Corvette history compiled
by Ken Pollson.
Owned and Operated by © 2000-2015 Corvette Action Center | | |
© CORVETTE is a registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation & Chevrolet Motor Division. Neither Chevrolet Motor Division nor any subsidiaries of GM© shall bear any responsibility for CorvetteActionCenter.com content, comments, or advertising. CorvetteActionCenter.com is independent from GM© and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM©. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied. All Rights Reserved