Results 1 to 15 of 42
- 10-17-06, 06:56 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2000
- "Manchestah" NH
- 1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black
Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson Targets the 1984 Corvette
Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson swings his axe - right down on a 1984 Corvette!
- 10-17-06, 07:27 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
- Athens GA
- 92 coupe quasar blue
Well I think war has been declared!!!
- 10-17-06, 08:09 AM #3
So thats what happens when you decide to quit drinking, smoking, your wife leaves you and your dog dies all in one day, now I know.
- 10-17-06, 11:16 AM #4
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
- Mississippi Gulf Coast
- 2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
- 10-17-06, 11:50 AM #5
I would imagine there was a point here somewhere? Maybe his head?
How does one obtain a job like this and get paid? I am sure he is overpaid.
Pseudomind is a member of the Jacksonville Corvette Club
“Spirituality gives hope, religions divide people”
From a GED to an MBA
- 10-17-06, 06:45 PM #6
THAT WAS WRONG
84 DID HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH THE CROSSFIRE BUT CORRECTED THE PROBLEM BY PUTTING IN A NEW ENGINE BY 86. BUT TO DESTROY IT LIKE THAT. THAT WAS WRONG. TO LATE TO SAVE THAT VETTE BUT WE CAN STILL "SAVE THE WAVE"
CHECKERED FLAG CORVETTE CLUB
- 10-17-06, 07:04 PM #7
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- 1996 Polo Green LT1
This reminds me of the Mythbuster's episode on the Discovery Channel where they put a dead pig in a mid 80s corvette, seal it up and allow it to decompose for a couple of months to see if the car would sell afterwards. If it were anything but a corvette I might be more amused.
- 10-17-06, 09:11 PM #8ripperGuest
typical meathead reaction. he's probably pushing triumphs or jags instead. what an ultraputz. i love my 84.
- 10-17-06, 10:36 PM #9BrettGuest
"Wiping horrible gas guzzlers off the face of the planet"? Show me a sports car that gets better gas mileage than the Corvette. Lambo's and Ferrari's get ~10 MPG........
That was a pretty pathetic display.
- 10-17-06, 10:53 PM #10
Thats what happens when you think a TR-6 is faster than the speed of light! What a moron I guess hes not happy about those Astons gettin a good ole fashoned public beating!!!
- 10-18-06, 09:34 AM #11avacorvetteGuest
Jeremy did not quit he still like ***s....(cigarettes)
- 10-18-06, 09:34 AM #12WhiteKnightGuest
Typical TV personality who is very opinionated and from what I read of his rants on the shows web page, pretends to be anti American but secretly covets our cars. What can you say about a guy who drives a Ford GT?
- 10-18-06, 09:59 AM #13
Keep in mind this was shot way before he purchased the Ford GT.
- 10-18-06, 10:09 AM #14
Apparently, that's the point of his show. Destroy machinery.
I still liked the sound of the Vette as it hauled a$$.
The Hughes 500E can do that even to a Lamborghini, so I don't feel offended at all. Yet, it was comical at times (like driving on the left side of the road in Arizona .
- 10-18-06, 10:12 AM #15BrettGuest
And yes, the Ford GT has always been his favorite car......but it was a British Ford, so apparently that makes it ok .
- By cscarlson in forum Die-Casts and CollectiblesReplies: 13Last Post: 09-14-07, 10:12 AM
- By Ken in forum Autocrossing and MotorsportsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-23-05, 12:34 AM
- By Rob in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 08-20-04, 08:01 AM
- By Tom Bryant in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-23-04, 06:40 PM
- By Tom Bryant in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-01, 12:09 AM