Results 1 to 5 of 5
- 04-11-11, 08:00 AM #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2000
- "Manchestah" NH
- 1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black
Corvette Crashes, Then Wrecked Again By Tow Truck Driver
It's bad enough that this relatively well-kept C5 Chevrolet Corvette was wrecked when its owner crashed into the median strip of a busy highway, but then it was set upon by what must be the world's worst tow truck driver.
Watch here: http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?...9d1d241981cec3
Added by: PBriand
Tags: crash accident tow truck wreck
- 04-11-11, 08:49 AM #2- OnlineAdministrator
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Ottawa, Canuckistan
- yellow 1973 coupe L82 4 spd with no power options
That's just nasty!!
Visit the CAC's 2014 Stingray Reveal Photo Gallery
Common sense is like deodorant. The folks who need it most never seem to use it and there's no polite way to tell them.
- 04-11-11, 09:00 AM #3
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Pittsburgh / San Antonio
- '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
Proving once again that the two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and human stupidity. I mean, the tow driver was clearly dragging metal because of the sparks... How that Vette didn't come off the tow when it went around the first bend truly amazes me...
I'm certain you're supposed to flat-bed a Corvette; my Owner's Manual specifically states: "Your vehicle was not designed to be towed with any of its wheels on the ground."
I hope the guy who filmed all of this provided the video to the owner, who's no doubt now wondering how his transmission housing, rear suspension, exhaust system, rear bumper, etc. got all jacked up (pardon the pun) by side-swiping a Jersey wall...
1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow
- 06-30-11, 10:46 AM #4myred73vetteGuest
That is just SAD! That wrecker driver must have been high on something or dumb.
- 06-30-11, 07:20 PM #5CobranutGuest
Just doing his job....
Those guys are just paid to clear the highway as quickly as possible.
Any damage to the disabled car is not their responsibility.
If you want it on a rollback you better hope your tow operater gets there before one of the state's guys do.
- By Rob in forum C5 General DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 04-26-11, 04:18 PM
- By jrose7004 in forum General Corvette LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 04-01-11, 07:08 PM
- By Rob in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-07-10, 08:47 AM