Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vettelt193

Thread: '96 GS Corvette - Players Luck

Corvette(s)
    Millennium Yellow LS6 enhanced Roadster

Flag '96 GS Corvette - Players Luck

For many Corvette owners, their first experience with "America's Only True Sports Car"-or, at least the one that made a lasting impression on them-was an electronic one. In the early '60s, it was via CBS-TV and the drama Route 66 on Friday nights. In the late '90s, it was via a top-selling game for a state-of-the-art video game system.

That's how Andrew Mancuso Jr. first saw the distinctive colors of the '96 Corvette Grand Sport. "When Gran Turismo came out on PlayStation, that was one of the cars on the game," he says from his West Babylon, New York, home. "Then I read up on it and found out how rare they actually are."

Corvette(s)
    1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Coupe

I still have my PS1, but when I had my PS2 with Gran Turismo 3 and 4 the GS was one of my favorites. Infact, in Gran Turismo 1 and 2, It is my most potent car. Its amazing how fast a stock Corvette is compared to other cars in those games.
    Save the Wave!!!
    Muffler Eliminators nuff said...
    Best 1/4 Mile Run to date...13.38@104.87
    Best 1/8 Mile Run to date...8.65@82.72.
    Best 60 foot 1.99 with Kumho Escta SPT at 26PSI Cold.

Corvette(s)
    none right now :(

you would think Corvette Fever would be smart enough to put the top in the back the correct way.
    ArmyJosh likes this.

PeteD

There was more then one mistake in that article. Anyhow it is a shame they are no longer, it was a good mag.....

Corvette(s)
    1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"

Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    There was more then one mistake in that article. Anyhow it is a shame they are no longer, it was a good mag.....
    I didn't hear that. When was this news public?

PeteD

Quote Originally Posted by vetteboy86 View Post
    I didn't hear that. When was this news public?
    It was about a month ago, last month's issue was the last. They have now joined forces with their "sister publication" Corvette Fever. You would hope that leads to an even better mag. I guess we will see.

Readers have already received the new one. Not sure of the name even. Small print according to one reader.
    Like everything else, some like it and some don't.