Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Corvette Action Center Loses a Valued Member

This is truly a sad day. I still have fond memories tearing up the hiway with Ken and Andre at BG in '02 and Blackdogs' pool party. That said I am at a loss for words.
    Mike

Corvette(s)
    99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold

Sorry to hear about Ken's passing. I heard he's leading a caravan of Vettes to high heaven and racing some ricers on the way.

Corvette(s)
    '86L Blk 4+3 Z51

Had hoped to never get that e-mail. Rest well my friend....you deserve it.
    "I'll let you be in my dream, if I can be in yours."
    Bob Dylan

Corvette(s)
    1973 L-48 Coupe

Ride on....Peace be the journey.

Corvette(s)
    1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe

I was just thinking about Ken the other day--wondering how he was doing and put off asking about him on this forum because I didn't ever see him on here after he wasn't an administrator anymore.
    My only connection to Ken was thru the CAC. He was funny and knowledgeable. What a thunk in the head and heart it is to log on here and find out he's gone.
    He's at peace and free now.
    Ken, Godspeed.

Corvette(s)
    1995 AdmiralBlue LT4/A4

I haven't been following CAC as much as I used to. CAC was one of the first maybe the first Corvette Related Forum I joined... I remember reading Ken's webpage and his posts a while back. Though I never met him, I would have liked too, he seemed like a down to earth person and a true gear head...

Ken you'll be in our prayers! R.I.P. Brother...
    -=Rick
    ASE Master Certified Auto Technician
    Owner / Rick Anthony Motorsports

Corvette(s)
    04 Medium Spiral Gray Coupe

Sorry to hear this news!

Corvette(s)
    1997 black c5 corvette

Very sorry to hear about this. God bless

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z06 Z16

God speed

Corvette(s)
    1999 White C5 Roadster

Well, I didn't know him, or even know of him, heck, I'm just a newbe, but I want to say Rest In Peace as well !

-Garry

JHL
    Corvette(s)
    81 4 speed

Sad news,

I had the good fortune to meet Ken when I visted LA and had a spin round in his Vette. A great guy, even after about 2 years when on another visit I just turned up at Ruby's by chance only to find Ken in his usual spot beside his Vette he instantly saw me, said hello and flashed that big grin of his at me like it was just last week.

J.

Corvette(s)
    2003 Electron Blue Coupe

ken you will be missed rip
    we were glad to know you
    jeff and sandy

Corvette(s)
    1992 Polo Green Coupe

I know I don't post here often.

I met Ken at a meet at Ricky and Ronnies a couple of years ago. Both him and his car left one helluva impression.

May he rest in peace.

Corvette(s)
    1981 HD Suspension; ZN1 Option

It is said that some of the brightest stars furiously burn gloriously-short lives escaping the fate of a long existence obscured by the shine of others.

I learned of Ken Stapel back in Shark-Fest 2002, never having the chance for an introduction, but irregardless, he availed himself to others who had a technical question on some issue, or he expressed how he felt about some Corvette modification or unpopular subject. I know that he had a measure of devotion towards his C4, and when I first saw it, albeit in the midst of performance problems, I could tell that it was a special car.

It has always puzzled me how much higher his posts-count was in CAC, and when compared to some of the other early CAC members, it made me wonder -how did he do it? He had to speak his mind just about any subject discussed here, and so like so many of you, there lies my connection with him.

I felt the denial when hearing of his passing, but I also felt at peace thanks to my initiative at the end of last November to write to him and introduce myself in an "official" way.

Here is to one of our CAC members who illuminated us with his furious shine.
    GerryLP

Corvette(s)
    2003 Z06, 50th anniv, Millenium Yellow

Scott,

Thanks for posting this on the forum. I too have been away from the forum for quite some time. When I received the email from Brad, I was deeply saddend. I met Ken, you and Brad in 2004 after getting my car and meeting up with you guys at Ruby's in Redondo. Ken took me "the newbie" in and made me feel welcomed and part of the "Corvette Family". He even saved me a spot next to his car. I always enjoyed talking with Ken and learning from him. After I had that fender bender with that Jaguar, Ken offered to drive me home after dropping off my car for repair. Ken went 40miles round trip out of his way to help me. His dedication to help others was always there and will definitely be missed. When I visited him on Thanksgiving day, he was pretty down, but I think the visits and phone calls from all of us kept him going until yesterday. Please rest in peace Ken. We will truly miss you.

Craig

Attached are some pictures/memories from those times.
    It is so great having a fast car; and even greater when you don't have to prove it.

Wave me BABY!

MODS: Halltech cold-air intake, shortie antenna, 2004 Z06 shocks, Ecklers Z06 embroidered trunk partition, CAGS defeat, 50th exhaust plate, Lowered via factory adjust per Z06 video, special "West End" alignment for even more responsive handling, Custom Predator tune from John Mangs at Diablo Sport, MGW pistol grip shift knob, MGW emergency brake handle, two-tone (Bla/Yel) shift boot, e-brake boot and console cover, Aluminum gauge bezels, Brembo zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors, Delco ceramic brake pads.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceborden

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast