Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Cracked tire sidewall
- 06-28-07, 08:36 AM #1
Cracked tire sidewall
The valve stem on one of my wheels got a leak, so I had it replaced. When I got it back, I noticed the tire's side wall looks cracked in several places. This is a very old tire (Goodyear ST), so I'm not sure if it cracked on it's own, or the tire shop did it. It holds air fine, but my question is, is it safe to drive on a tire that has a cracked side wall? It looks mostly cosmetic, but I can't be sure. Does it even matter? Thanks for all replies.
-Tatortot22229th Vette in '81
- 06-28-07, 11:57 AM #2
well, what is your Vette and life worth, is the better questio to be asking!? assume tires are more than FIVE years old - replace them - NOW!
- 06-28-07, 02:10 PM #3
It's just the one tire that is that old. I wasn't sure if this was a "normal" or acceptable problem. It will be replaced. Thanks for the reply.
- By Rob in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-07, 10:38 AM
- By firstgear in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-07-06, 09:25 PM
- By Hib Halverson in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 27Last Post: 07-14-05, 02:44 PM
- By Hib Halverson in forum C4 Corvette ZR-1Replies: 15Last Post: 10-21-03, 08:00 AM
- By Hib Halverson in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 09-29-02, 11:08 AM