Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Stereo Lock- Mitsubishi Mirage
- 06-15-07, 07:17 PM #1
Stereo Lock- Mitsubishi Mirage
My little sister's 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage just had it's battery replaced. Whenever the battery is replaced, the radio's anti-theft feature kicks in, and locks it. Apparently you need a special "code" to unlock it. This happened once before years ago, and a call to Mitsubishi helped, but it took quite a while to get the right person on the phone and we had to "prove" we owned the car. Anyone know a way to unlock it, or an easier way than to call Mitsubishi agian? We called a dealer, and they wanted $70 to pull the radio, get the serial number, and then they said they could unlock it. Crooks, all of them. Thanks for any replies.
-Tatortot22229th Vette in '81
- 06-15-07, 07:45 PM #2
I did a little more research and I found out they made it a lot easier to unlock it. All you have to do is pull the radio (that isn't too difficult), get the proper numbers and call Mitsubishi North America. They have an extension for just this situation apparently, and they don't give you the run-around anymore. Good to know.
- By TODD L GRIFFITH in forum C5 Z06 DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 07-06-07, 03:31 PM
- By Cessna 182 in forum C5 General DiscussionReplies: 29Last Post: 07-04-06, 11:47 AM
- By vetteengnr in forum C3 General DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 03-12-05, 09:47 AM
- By Rob in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 02-13-04, 03:50 PM
- By Johan in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 03-12-02, 01:12 PM