Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: What does straight pipe mean?
- 11-21-05, 08:26 PM #1
What does straight pipe mean?
Does that mean no cats and no mufflers?
Or does it mean that you have cats but no mufflers?
From the reading I've done, it seems to be either and I would like to know what everyone else here thinks it is.Edmond.
Contact me for the best prices on Amsoil.
- 11-21-05, 08:27 PM #2Originally Posted by Edmond
- 11-21-05, 09:57 PM #3
Yep. Pipes and only pipes
- 11-22-05, 08:00 PM #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2002
- Rockingham County, NH
- 1979 L82, 1987 Buick Grand National
It means LOUD!
My neighbor has a 800cc Triumph chopper with straight pipes. I can hear it when he starts it up.
Did I mention that he lives 1/4mi away, with a couple dozen houses and a hundred or so trees between us?
- 11-22-05, 08:25 PM #578SilvAnnivGuest
If it's got cats, it isn't straight pipe! For me, pipe means nothin' but pipe for the exhaust to rumble and roll through..
- By The73vetteman in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 8Last Post: 05-08-05, 03:28 PM
- By Mad-Mic in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 09-29-03, 08:35 PM
- By sothpaw in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 19Last Post: 09-06-03, 10:42 AM
- By dre2013 in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 08-13-02, 01:56 PM