Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    01 Z06

Default How many white top/red c5 Vert's?

Wondering if there is any special value to this: Red 2002 C5 Vert, with a white factory top. It was special ordered that way. Car only has 700 miles so it is basicly in the wrapper.

Car was offered to me for sale and i ran all the $$ numbers, but is there any consideration in value for the special top? At first glance I would say no, but looking for other opinions.

Thanks

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Dad2BJO View Post
    Wondering if there is any special value to this: Red 2002 C5 Vert, with a white factory top. It was special ordered that way. Car only has 700 miles so it is basicly in the wrapper.

Car was offered to me for sale and i ran all the $$ numbers, but is there any consideration in value for the special top? At first glance I would say no, but looking for other opinions.

Thanks
    It would be hard to tell,out of 12,710 verts in 02 there were 2,286 Torch Red and 501 verts in 02 that had White Tops!! How many of them that were Torch Red with a White Top would be hard to find the answer!
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Corvette(s)
    2011 Cyber Gray Callaway Convertible

There is no special value for a 2002 convertible with a white top, but there may be special personal preference for a white top (I have one!). We (Corvette Mike New England) have had quite a few Torch Red with white top convertibles, and they sell fairly quickly. Black, tan and white tops were the choices that year. What makes the car you are looking at special is the fact that it has only 700 miles. The year, the mileage and the options are what will determine a selling price. Let me know what this car has and the price they're asking...I'll let you know if it's reasonable!

Elaine
    HIS - 2011 Cyber Gray Grand Sport Callaway Convertible -"SOQUIK"
    HERS - 2005 Daytona Sunset Orange 6-spd Convertible - "SOQWIK"

South Shore Corvette Club - Weymouth, MA
    National Corvette Museum Member

Sales
    Corvette Mike New England
    Toll-free: 877-427-8388
    Cell: 617-872-8252

"Corvette Mike New England"