Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-07-10, 11:12 AM #1
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Missoura Ozarks
- Millennium Yellow LS6 enhanced Roadster
V-6 engines begin long fade into history
Little engines will be the big stars at next week's North American International Auto Show.
Of the 40 North American and worldwide vehicle introductions scheduled during press preview days Monday and Tuesday, most will be fuel-efficient, stylish vehicles with four-cylinder engines under the hood.
The days of the V-8 in passenger cars are over and things are starting to look bleak for the venerable V-6, as the four-cylinder engine starts to replace it in bigger cars and crossovers. It's a sign of the times: Small engines offer more power than ever before and consumers want a fallback vehicle in case gas prices jump again.
V-6 engines begin long fade into history | The Detroit News
- By Ken in forum Autocrossing and MotorsportsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-09-05, 05:08 PM
- By Ken in forum Autocrossing and MotorsportsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-05, 05:47 PM
- By Ken in forum Autocrossing and MotorsportsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-05, 07:10 PM
- By Ken in forum General Automotive DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-04, 12:18 AM
- By Runge_Kutta in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 10-05-04, 05:29 PM