Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Dealer closure battle rages
- 07-09-09, 12:05 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Missoura Ozarks
- Millennium Yellow LS6 enhanced Roadster
Dealer closure battle ragesGM, Chrysler, White House officials try to block House bill reversing planned shutdowns
Washington -- White House officials and executives from General Motors Corp. and Chrysler Group LLC met with a top congressional leader Wednesday to try to reach a deal to head off legislation that would restore the rights of dealers the automakers want to close.
GM's North American chief Troy Clarke; Mark LaNeve, GM vice president for sales, service and marketing; Chrysler Deputy CEO Jim Press; and John Bozzella, Chrysler vice president for external affairs, met with House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer for nearly 90 minutes on Capitol Hill about the contentious issue.
Also attending was the White House's top adviser on autos, Steve Rattner, as well as Brian Deese, another Obama administration auto adviser. A person familiar with the meeting said Hoyer urged the automakers to reach some agreement with angry dealers by late Friday to head off the legislation.
- By Rob in forum GM & Auto Industry NewsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-15-09, 12:37 PM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 50Last Post: 04-17-05, 12:35 AM
- By mark Rosokoff in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 60Last Post: 02-22-05, 05:06 PM
- By Patman77 in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 11-19-04, 10:35 AM
- By I'mAVettehead in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-01, 04:55 PM