Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Another one bites the dust
- 07-06-09, 02:04 PM #1
Another one bites the dust
Well, after looking for a gas station that doesnt sell Ethanol blended fuel I finally found one. The Chevron in town sells pure gasoline!!! YAY!! ..........Well they did, yesterday they switched to 10% blend. I was told that everyone will be selling that crap soon!!! Is anyone else upset by this , or is it just me???Billy
- 07-06-09, 02:15 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Missoura Ozarks
- Millennium Yellow LS6 enhanced Roadster
- 07-06-09, 02:16 PM #3
All the pumps here in Amarillo that I'm aware of say something like "Could Contain Up To 10% Ethanol" One of my nieghbors is a Petroleum Engineer for BP and he told me there are only a hand full of stations here in Amarillo that are actually using the "Ethanol Blend" ... some of the Shell Stations
I look at all these GasCorn Plants kind of like back in the 1950's when every town had a Hay Mill that made pellets out of alfalfa, notice all of those are gone now Me thinks this Kind of like the Farmers Dot Com explosion of early 2000's .. IT'S ALL FLUFF AND NO SUBSTANCE!! imho
Bud"Quality, not quantity""The American people will never knowingly adopt "SOCIALISM." But, under the name of "LIBERALISM," they will adopt every fragment of the "SOCIALIST" program, until one day America will be a "SOCIALIST NATION," without knowing how it happened.
(Norman Thomas, U.S. SOCIALIST PARTY CANDIDATE PARTY presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948)
- 07-06-09, 02:47 PM #4
We still have several here in the OKC Metro that sell 100% gasoline but they want at least 20 cents more per gallon for it!
- 07-06-09, 04:35 PM #5
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Chapel Hill NC
- 2015 Shark Grey Coupe with Brownstone
If the stations would give full disclosure of contents, some of them would post the tank may have up to "x percent of water".
Does the ethanol hurt the engine at all? I have heard different stories.
- 07-06-09, 05:46 PM #6
I don't know if ethanol hurts the engine or not but I sure can tell you that my mileage drops when I have to use it!
- 07-07-09, 12:54 PM #7
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Washington, Michigan
- '67 Marina Blue Convertible
Most areas have had 10% ethanol in their gas for over twenty years, especially in the EPA-mandated "summer blend" - it's nothing new.
- By Rob in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 12-24-08, 01:24 PM
- By TLeBlanc in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 04-26-08, 11:06 AM
- By tntcorvette in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 04-18-07, 07:52 PM
- By 1987Silvervette in forum C4 General DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 07-21-04, 04:28 PM
- By whelen1 in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 13Last Post: 06-06-03, 05:17 PM